For sale ***2016 KTM 500 EXC (OKC)***

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by like2lean, Sep 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. like2lean

like2lean Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SOLD AS IS***2016 KTM 500 EXC*** One adult owner, garage kept, never crashed, wrecked, or raced, zero drama. The bike is perfectly sorted out with all the best mods for easy, comfortable, reliable, silky smooth dual sporting or trail riding. It has 5400 mi, has been diligently serviced and is in excellent condition. The bike is so easy to ride it's like cheating. I would encourage you to buy as is, but if it doesn't sell, I have other options available. Well over $12000 invested, will sell for $7500 as is, or $6200 without any of the add ons listed and priced below (*), or pick and choose and lower the price accordingly. (I can sell them off them off separately. First dibs noted!)

-New RK 14/48 Xring gold chain with Supersprox
    -Cycra handguards
    -Euro 701 ECM map and desmog
    -Trail Tech mode switch
    -G2 Throttle tamer
    -Rock guard

Optional, subtract from total:

*-Scotts steering damper----------------------------------------------- $400 shipped
    *-bulletproof radiator guards (black)----------------------------------- $160 shipped
    *-Seat concepts lower seat (I'm 5'10" perfect for me)--------------- $195 shipped
    *-Doubletake folding mirrors and mounts------------------------------ $60 shipped-dibs
    *-Rekluse EXP 3.0 clutch--------------------------------------------------$400 shipped
    *-Kreiga 5L waterproof tailbag--------------------------------------------$45 shipped-dips
    *-Flatland Pipe guard-------------------------------------------------------$45 shipped

The bike is fully serviced with a new battery and ready for anything! Many more extras included (The pictured Garmin mount is not included)
    IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
  2. like2lean

Oddometer:
    Friday bump
    owen5757 likes this.
  3. IAbryon

IAbryon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dibs on the mirrors if they don't go with.
  4. keithmckenney

keithmckenney Adventure riding for fun and adventure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rockville Maryland and Hollywood Maryland
    GLWS
    I was lucky last year to buy a 2016 500 EXC-f set up like yours with Rekluse 3.0, Scotts, and Seat Concepts seat and then found that I couldn't get off it. :-)
    I rode the Utah BDR, the Colorado BDR, San Diego to Cabo and back (twice!) and the Grand Canyon Red Rock Vegas route with the Death Valley side trip; ~8,000 miles all in and I live on the east coast (!).
    The only problem I had was the getting off the bike at the end of the day. I didn't want to!
    The light weight, the amazing handling, the shear joy of riding down an unknown track/trail/road were all great. I also developed the confidence that no matter what you encounter, this bike will get you through/up/over it. The Rekluse is amazing. The handling is unbelievable. I wish I could give one of these to all my buddies. If you ever get a chance to ride one, take it. IF you get a chance to buy one set up like this, go for it. I did and love it. I now have two set up this way. One 'out there' and one here at 'home'.
    You did a super job setting this up. Sorry to hear you are selling it.
    Jaunt, CCBJ, like2lean and 1 other person like this.
  5. like2lean

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much for the kind words! I feel exactly the same way. It's so easy to ride I've effortlessly gone places I wouldn't have otherwise. They will absolutely build confidence!
  6. like2lean

Oddometer:
    TTT
  7. Flyjpa

Flyjpa Positive rate...GEAR UP!

Oddometer:
    Suspension set up, what weight?

Valve checks and maintenance history? Sounds like you do your own wrenching.

Looks solid!
  8. like2lean

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, most of us do, got to make sure it's done right! :D Valves are checked at least once a year, very easy. Only needed one intake moved the very first time, dead on since. I'm 165 lb so left the stock springs, they have been perfect for me. Oil/air filters at least every 5-600 miles/ 15-20 hrs, all is documented w/ recipts.
    Flyjpa likes this.
  9. agapetos

agapetos armlover8

Oddometer:
    would you be open to selling the kriega 5l bag and the mounting hardware for it?
  10. like2lean

Oddometer:
    Yes sir, dibs noted, thanks!
  11. Flyjpa

Flyjpa Positive rate...GEAR UP!

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM.
  12. Mpeared

Mpeared n00b

Oddometer:
    PM sent on messenger