2016 NFL Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Jurgen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    "Official " as of tonight, Rams return to greater LA and Raiders out. Chargers with a later option.
  2. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Burfitt suspended for one less game than Tommy for deflategate.
  3. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Where the hell is Inglewood?

Seriously, for those who know LA area, is that a good location?
  4. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    The Forum, the home of the LA Lakers, was in Inglewood. That's all I know. :lol3
  5. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I hope the Rams ditch the ugly old gold and go back to their last LA uniform, which I think is one of the nicest in sports.

[​IMG]
    AZIFFEL likes this.
  6. Wdwrkr

Wdwrkr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a little dissappointed StL. has some of the best fans in sports. It'll be a shame to see such a great sports town with out a team

to me the Raiders made the most sence. They had a history there, and the bay area already had another team in place.

Even SD made more sence, as their die hard fans could road trip for home games.

alas just goes to show how little I know
  7. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    STL never should have had the Rams in the first place. They stole them and are upset the rightful owners are getting them back.

I think this makes the Rams the new third favorite team in LA after the Raiders and Packers.

I don't think the 'Chargers' are a real team. Is that some team you made up in Madden? I mean, I know the Raiders play a home game in San Diego every year. Are you getting confused?
  8. Wdwrkr

Wdwrkr Long timer

Oddometer:
    No I get it. It's like the Red Sox play home games everywhere they go that isn't NYC.

I always liked the Rams as a kid Who was it Vince Feragamo? He was my first really favorite player
  9. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    My brother spent the past two years working in St. Louis, "Not a football town."
  10. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Inglewood....isn't that where OJ played?

Rams go home, Chargers to STL?

Looking forward to Fischer in blue/gold leisure suits with Elvis glasses and Italian shoes.
  11. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    I think it may end up with SD in SD and Oakland moving south.
  12. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    I think SD might move out of California. Reports are that Spanos and Kroenke don't like each other at all. I can't see them sharing a stadium. I just don't see either of them as the 'sharing' type.
  13. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    hmmm, where to? I don't think it will be StLouis.
  14. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Oakland easily has the worst stadium in the NFL. It's a crappy layout and only seats 53,000. That's about half of Jerry World. Oakland's too poor to pony up to help them build a new stadium. So I'm sympathetic to their plight.
  15. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    And it seems the NFL has issues with Davis. They don't think the can "sustain" (the word repeated repeatedly on NFL network as key) a move. Plus I think they wonder about his finances. In a Billionaires club he's a mere multi-millionaire.

But it seems like SD is more likely to do something for a stadium. Likely? I don't know. But more likely than Oakland.
  16. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    OKC, San Antonio, or STL. If they leave SoCal at all.
  17. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    On the other hand I have a fundamental issue with ANY city not named Green Bay putting out a red cent to pay a club worth billions for playing in their town. Green Bay is funded by public bonds, thus the city owns the team, not some billionaire.
    troidus and ragtoplvr like this.
  18. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    My bet is SD stays and Oakland moves in with the Rams. But what do I know?:D

San Antonio and OKC were my thoughts too. I think St Louis is a city heading down, those are cities heading up. Don't know if OKC has the population/rich business base to sustain a NFL franchise. I do think San Antonio does. Plus they have a workable for now stadium in the Alamo-dome.

But I don't see the Alamo-dome as a long term facility. More a "we'll play there while we build our real stadium" type place.
  19. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Personally NFL is a business, and they would relocate to China if they would make more money there. Time to end the tax exemption, and the public shakedown for stadiums and let them provide the entertainment wherever they want.
    Rod
    Kawidad likes this.
  20. PoundSand

PoundSand Long timer

Oddometer:
    Inglewood is a couple miles to the east of lax. Convenient to the airport, but it's going to be a sonnavabitch for airport / freeway traffic if you're flying in/out on game day, or passing by on the freeway (the 405 runs right between the site and lax). Not a great neighborhood; the stadium site is site of a former race track (Hollywood park).