2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

I votebthey reseed her into the top ten...she deserves it a selfie face as cute as that
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  2. SteveDennehy

SteveDennehy Steve

Oddometer:
    @RobertVanPelt39 36s36 seconds ago
    ASO: Special official cancelled. On the road to Villa Carlos Paz

@RobertVanPelt39 49s50 seconds ago
    For bikes and quads at least
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  3. Mudface

Mudface Adventurer

Oddometer:
    *swears*
  4. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's a very liberal answer coming from you. :lol3

Moving from 80 to 82...about 1 minute difference in the time that you start? Not gonna make it more dangerous, nah :nah

On the older version, they would definitely suck up water hitting it at the speed she did in that photo. Then again I think many would looking at the amount of water going into that airbox area.. Thanks for the photo, it explained a lot. Amazing that she only lost two minutes under the circumstances...

For the organization and the survival of the image of the Dakar, its vital. Really sad what happened yesterday, but its racing. You cannot expect people to drive slowly in a race and the spectators are warned. To be fair in the case of the accident this time it seemed the spectators were quite far back from the track, but when a car is out of control there is not much that can be done about where it ends up. What could be done to prevent this type of thing from happening again? Push the spectators even further back? Stop racing altogether? I think both would be total overkill, but still there will be people that say this is what should happen. I suppose eventually the PC brigade will catch up with us and stop it all eventually.

Yes we all noticed. :nod I think speechless is the word that comes to mind. Well done Scott and THANK YOU!!! I really hope you will do a few of the stages later on in the rally, although I know how much time and research this takes; pouring over GE cross referencing information from multiple sources etc.

Love it. Got to be careful though, the Mericuns are quite sensitive about their pilots. :photog :hide
  5. BigBearJoe

BigBearJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:

https://twitter.com/RobertVanPelt39
  6. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm with you. Especially when its wet and miserable.

Don't remember off hand but its about 1.5 cancelled on average these last few years. Many more have been shortened (in terms of racing section lengths), Up to about 4...but I stand to be corrected.
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  7. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
  8. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

"Okay fella's... that's a wrap I s'pose... ???
    ... the moustached man said we can put the gumboots and spares away for today..."
  9. ararat

ararat Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer:
    Auckland the land of the rain and clouds...
    STAGE 1 CANCELLED FOR SECURITY REASONS / ETAPA 1 CANCELADA POR RAZONES DE SEGURIDAD
    Official Dakar account just announced.
  10. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    Update in French

9:46
    Les conditions climatiques évoluent très légèrement sur la zone de la spéciale mais pour l'heure, pas assez favorablement pour lancer le départ du secteur chronométré en dépit de l'arret des précipitations.
    Les concurrents continuent d'arriver au point de rassemblement qui a été organisé au niveau de la zone de ravitaillement des motos et quads.
    Ce matin, l'ensemble des concurrents de cette dernière catégorie a pris le départ en direction de Villa Carlos Paz. Soit 136 motos et 45 quads.
    Du coté des voitures, seul le concurrent 360, impliqué dans l'accident d'hier, n'est pas encore parti. Il y a donc actuellement 110 voitures engagées sur le premier parcours de liaison.

Bad Google translation

9:46
    Climatic conditions are changing very slightly on the special zone but for now, not enough favorably to launch the start of the timed sector despite the rainfall stop.
    The competitors continue to arrive at the assembly point was organized at the feeding zone motorcycles and quads.
    This morning all the competitors in the latter category took the departure to Villa Carlos Paz. Either 136 motorcycles and 45 quads.
    The side of cars, only the competitor 360, involved in the accident yesterday, is not gone yet. There is therefore currently 110 cars entered the first connecting section.

Official:

09:57 : Still waiting…
    It's no longer raining in the area of the special, but the weather is not good enough for the start of the special yet.Competitors continue to arrive at the meeting point set up at the feeding zone for quads and motorcycles.All 136 motorcycles and 45 quads in the category set off for Villa Carlos Paz this morning, whereas car 360, involved in yesterday's accident, is the only car that has yet to get going. There are currently 110 cars in the first link section.
  11. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do nose goggles work?
  12. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. VRRR1

VRRR1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hit the link: nose-goggle thingies.
    There's a video.
    I wouldn't mind trying it, but the price is very wrong.
    Bluebull2007 likes this.
  15. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    And Africa ;o)

Jx
  16. Mudface

Mudface Adventurer

Oddometer:
    everything cancelled
  17. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    True - but those are circuit races, not spread out over 200+kms as they would be on today's stage... there are also infinitely more variables (and trees to hit) on a rally stage.

It's a bummer the stage is cancelled for those of us spectating, but I don't think any of the competitors will mind missing out on riding through that sort of crap... remember last year:

[​IMG]

Jx
  18. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  19. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good point, Jenny.
    That's the same area of the last year's mud fest.
  20. VRRR1

VRRR1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stage 2 - BB still leading - Everyone else on exactly the same time .