2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Scottyridewhere? and garfey like this.
  2. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    i love all that technical talk......
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  3. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    I hope Jurgen wins the Malle moto class

but the selfi contest is already won by Laia :evil:wings
  4. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
  5. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Dakar Addict!

Oddometer:
    Well I missed the start this morning..... Late gate?

Only I didn't :D

Cancel gate?
    Storm gate?
    Lightning gate?

Great how we can generate 12 pages on nothing much happening!

Let's hope it improves a bit tomorrow and we can finally see some proper racing!
    yardracer likes this.
  6. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Water gate.....
    pebble35 and K_N_Fodder like this.
  7. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    COMAGATE!
    Deadly99 likes this.
  8. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Forecast tomorrow for Rio Hondo is rain, forecast for Tuesday in Jujuy is rain Tuesday and Wednesday. We're seriously faced with the next few stages being cancelled :cry
    slidewayes likes this.
  9. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Finally, the cycle is complete.
    Time for a new meme.
  10. barrier

barrier Says who?

Oddometer:
    'Return to Africa because of the pissing weather Gate'
    KTMInduro, Gian and yardracer like this.
  11. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Coma joins ASO and Peru bails, as a result we now start in rainy Argentina where stage(s) have/are being cancelled.

Comagate :jack
    Screamingeagle3 and cvlighthouse like this.
  12. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    this popped up on Annie's FB

SENASTE INFO! Om gårdagens olycka på prologen

En åskådare hade sprungit över vägen precis framför bilen! Föraren hade då väjt undan, för att inte köra på. Istället åkte hon av vägen och voltade, och också träffat några i publiken. Antal skadade troligen 5, ingen info om hur allvarligt.
    Där ser man... ofta är det just åskådare som uppträder tanklöst och oförsiktigt, och då händer olyckor.

LATEST NEWS! About the accident on the prologue yesterday

A spectator had run over the street just in front of the car! The driver tried to avoid a collision, but instead the car slid off the road and turned over, hitting some spectators. There are now maybe 5 injured people, but no info of how seriously.
    Once again spectators act silly and careless, thus causung accidents.
    beechum1 likes this.
  13. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    I dont recall seeing any spectators in the various videos and photos?
  14. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    This should be a fun Dakar!
  15. steved57

steved57 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Argh- cancelled !!
    I spent yesterday riding my 200 xcw and when I got home washed bike and all gear immediately so I could spend today on f5

Guess I'll have to go to Garfeys and help him with all those groceries/distilled spirits
    garfey and yardracer like this.
  16. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    If they even have one!
    beechum1 and yardracer like this.
  17. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    From Dakar.com

Martin Duplessis, winner of the Dakar Challenge, made no secret of his apprehension as he headed to the start of the prologue and his maiden Dakar on a brand-new KTM…

• [​IMG]
    Martin strides purposefully among the barriers in Tecnópolis on Saturday afternoon. Holding his helmet in his left hand and the road book in his right one, he heads to the parc fermé to pick up his motorcycle and start his first Dakar. "Thank goodness I took part in the Dakar Series. You get a better picture of the organisation. You even know some people. It helps." Martin Duplessis proudly points out that his name is French and that he comes from San Luis, a city that has already hosted the Dakar. "I'm still a bit nervous. But what I learned is a solid foundation. Although it's short, I'd like to use the prologue to move up and spend less time in the other riders' dust trail from stage 1…". He waves to the fans as he walks past the barriers. He finally gets to the parc fermé and leaves his helmet in the shadow. "This is where I'll put the road book." His anxiety is not too apparent as he parks his motorcycle. "I trained on a bike from another brand, and I only got this KTM a few days ago…" Martin unfolds the road book. "I haven't seen anything special about the course. A couple of tricky spots at the very start. But we should be able to go fast." He places the precious roll in its dispenser, tightens his boots, and asks what time he has to leave the parc fermé for the podium and the prologue: "12:03 pm, Martin". "Thanks. See you in Carlos Paz", he blurts out. The Dakar has just begun for rider 104, Duplessis. He will go on to finish the prologue in 29th place and climb 74 places in the process.
    garfey likes this.
  18. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ahhhhh hellz.... last day "off" for some time and no Firehose to drink from. Y'all have a good day, I'm going to go cry in my coffee.
  19. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Dakar 2016 - 14 days - 11 km SS - 9989 km Liaison - The Odyssey

:1drink
    KTMInduro, cvlighthouse and yardracer like this.
  20. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Damien Udry started his second Dakar yesterday. He is just as excited as last year, but more relaxed after getting acquainted with the race in 2015.

• [​IMG]
    For Damien Udry and all the others, climbing onto the podium in Tecnópolis is a cathartic experience. The Swiss rider, acclaimed by the Argentinian fans, is not hiding his impatience. "It feels good when it starts", he says. "It's cathartic. We also get to share this with people who come to cheer on and dream through us. The crowds roaring for you, all these fans asking for a photo… It's awesome." This is the second Dakar for 29-year-old Damien. The rider of 450 KTM no. 98 finished in 58th place in his first go at the world's most famous rally raid last year, a solid performance that gave him the confidence he was missing back then. "I know what lies in store", he explains. "Furthermore, I'm riding the same bike and in the same team, but my budget is a bit more generous. This gives me some peace of mind. However, I'm just as thrilled as I was when I made my debut right here." Yet another reason to savour this extraordinary moment.

Sylvain Espinasse made an impression as he rode onto the start podium of the 2016 Dakar on his little 125. The rider from Auvergne has already stolen the crowd's hearts.

• [​IMG]
    Sylvain Espinasse has got itchy legs. The rider from Auvergne is focused as he finishes installing his road book minutes before he is due to start the prologue. "I've been in Buenos Aires for three days", he says. "I can't stand it any more. I'm dying to hit the track." This year, Sylvain is answering the call of the great outdoors with a huge challenge. He will be tackling the 9,500 km rally on a 125 Husqvarna TE equipped with a two-stroke engine. "No-one's ever done this since the Dakar came to South America", he points out. "At the start, I feared they wouldn't take me seriously. My fears were unfounded." It is worth noting that the 46-year-old Frenchman has already finished two editions of the Dakar. "I picked this bike because it's the one you'd use in enduro", he continues. "You could say it's Joe Everyman's bike. I want to make a statement, to show people anything is possible if you want it bad enough and you believe in it." The crowds in Buenos Aires got it loud and clear.
    Scottyridewhere? likes this.