2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quote form Laia about the Renet incident:

http://www.motorsport.com/dakar/new...us-renet-it-was-the-right-thing-to-do-666244/

Sanz, who had been passed by the Husqvarna rider during the stage, stopped to come to Renet's aid before medical crews were able to arrive on the scene.
    "He passed me on the special and then I followed him - I was at kilometre 402 when it happened," Sanz told Motorsport.com upon arrival at the Jujuy bivouac.
    "At first, when I found Renet, I was scared because he was unconscious. He had some pain on his hip and his back, but he was more or less fine.
    "Helping someone is what any rider should do, that's normal and it was important. Though I lost time it was the right thing to do."
    cameron110 and garfey like this.
  2. *kartman*

*kartman* GO Bacon GO !

Oddometer:
    G´Morning guys ! Back to business :)

Nice talk about altitude sickness ! I can recommend to watch DreamRacer, you can see the effects of the camera / support guys while they cross the Andes.

Today´s stage will surely bring us a big increase in withdrawels, as terrain and navigation gets really tough and it´s also second day of a marathon stage, so may some bikes are likely to have technical issues ...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rato Molhado and CBVRacing like this.
  3. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quote from Manuel Lucchese about his and Renet's incident:
    (Gian posted this last night)
    http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/72...anuel-lucchese-sviene-e-cade-per-l-altitudine

And Lucchese has no doubts about the Renet's incident: "I saw where he fell, and also in that corner I had a slow reaction. I saw him and I saw that he was approaching, and while my brain was thinking and telling me that I need to brake, lack of oxygen and the weakness of my body kept me from reacting. I think absolutely same thing happened to Renet, also judging by the signs on the ground. "

And what will I do tomorrow with the bike?
    "I hope to find a way. To attach the tanks I need a couple of screws, maybe ask someone on the street. Maybe I'll find a boy with a scooter. But I'll get to the bivouac in Bolivia tomorrow night for sure."

A boy with a scooter…
    His fashion sense is terrible, but his spirit makes it up for it many times.
    Carlos M, DudaRO, yardracer and 8 others like this.
  4. JossaXR

JossaXR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How can BB be 5,34min after Speedy when he was first on the stage?
    Did he get more then 5min penalty?

Skickat från min SM-T805 via Tapatalk

EDIT: (TSC) The total time in the general classification (overall) is the aggregate of all the stages... not just yesterdays SS4. Bam Bam recieved a 5 minute penalty yesterday... a 1 minute penalty the day prior. On overall Gonk is ahead of Barreda... slower on the piste... smarter on the roadboo speed limits.
  5. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    "shoestring" Luchesse... by any means possible - or impossible :clap:thumb
  6. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So to win, Robby has to finish ahead of some Peugeots ? And where are they built exactly ? ...................:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2
    chasbo and troy safari carpente like this.
  7. too old

too old Keen supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you need to more exact than France? :D

Although it is 14% owned by the Chinese!
  8. CBVRacing

CBVRacing CBVRacing

Oddometer:
    Lack of oxygen definitely plays tricks on you. There was a lot of discussion last year around that and how to minimise its impact. Everyone react differently and are more or less impacted. I personally load up with water (and its O2) even though the last thing you want to do is drink because it's usually freezing. Drinking loads and controlling my breathing to lower my heart beat seem to do the trick for me up to 4,500m.

Simon and Jacob in Dream Racer did not do that and you can see the impact of altitude sickness.

Manuel is absolutely right, your reaction time dramatically slows down and I have experienced this as well. Another aspect to be mindful of is on the way down to sea level and more oxygen coming into you, you feel stronger but your mind is still a bit behind and I believe a lot of accidents happen on the way down.

On a side note, I have been on this forum for a few years now and it is great to see how much better and informed the commentaries have been. A lot of expertise has been F5 gained by all of you regarding Dakar...this is great!
  9. daryl

daryl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just checked, as as you suspected it's banned:

troy safari carpente likes this.
  10. too old

too old Keen supporter

Oddometer:
    A lot of the Pro's go in for hypoxic training in the weeks before - Sam was having 2 or 3 hard cycle sessions a week at around 4,000 metres, even though he was only 50/50 to go - whether it helps or not I don't know, but it must be better to try and prepare than not?
  11. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cristian Espana: (Bing Translation from Spanish)

[​IMG]
    WIsixfitty likes this.
  12. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Altitude training is mainly done to increase red blood cell count to benefit you AT SEA LEVEL.

At altitude you can't do intense training as you can't recover as quickly
  13. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Hmm... hard for me to understand what's exactly going wrong there, because here it works exactly the same on all pages. When I was testing and checking the urls you sent I noticed something:

Some links have the www in it, some haven't. So, going to www.trackingdakar.nl or trackingdakar.nl makes a difference when you mix both of them in usage. I should probably fix that.

I'm not yet sure if I understand what you exactly mean. You talk abuot the X. You only talk about the X behind the filter or also the X to close the browser? I notice a small difference between index.php and live.php: on one the list is reset with "list=-1" in the url, the other with "list=*" in the url, but that doesn't make any difference here.

I'm very busy with some upgrades at the moment which I wanted to have finished already, maybe that's why I don't understand yet. I'll check again later. You could try to go to http://www.trackingdakar.nl/index.php and toggle classes there... then http://www.trackingdakar.nl/live.php and do the same there... switch both urls after enabling or disabling the class. It should remind what you chose and it doesn't matter on which of both pages you were. The way I meant it to work: the site should work with the filters you choose. If you want to see ADV Riders only, it should show only them on all pages. It shouldn't matter if you are on live or on other screens. The only reason I can think of is that something is different in the urls you use to visit both pages.
  14. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    @Myway @HogWild good morning sirs of the F5 mapping elite :wave

do you gentlemen have any detailed map resource for us on SS 5 - the second part of the marathon stage to Uyuni f5or us...? :bow :D

Schedule
    Local Time is GMT-3
    Pacific Standard Time is GMT-8
    1st Start MOTO (GMT-4) 8:00 am

Transit
    Bikes: 314 km
    Quads: 314 km
    Cars: 314 km
    Trucks: 314 km

Special Stage
    Bikes: 327 km
    Quads: 327 km
    Cars: 327 km
    Trucks: 327 km

Cars/Trucks/Bikes/Quads
    [​IMG]
    Cars/Trucks/Bikes/Quads
    [​IMG]

Common course for all today...
  15. Sundowner

Sundowner Bort

Oddometer:
    Tehdutchie "Likes :thumbup" this.
  16. chug1

chug1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Be sure to use the correct roll of paper! :kat
  17. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :wave
    G'Morning, Y'all!
    Now to catch up with the F5ireDribble
    and with Kickoff @ 0800 I have an hour so . . . . .
    :sip
  18. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't say that's really helpful but it is interesting, and that's good enough for me, for now. :thumb
    sick_boy likes this.
  19. Weldr

Weldr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bolivian time is GMT-4, it is currently 6.13am there
  20. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    pasted from Italian Soloenduro forum, this should be David Casteu's version on Pela Renet accident:

« Je roulais avec lui et un autre concurrent à 20 kilomètres de l’arrivée. On roulait sur un bon rythme. Il était devant et dans un virage qui se refermait, il est arrivé vraiment trop vite et il est parti tout droit. La moto a décroché, il est monté en l’air et il est tombé sur la tête. La moto lui est retombée dessus et il était complétement inconscient. Il est resté 10 minutes comme ça, puis il a rouvert les yeux et il m’a demandé où il était. J’ai mis ma couverture de survie sur lui pour le cacher du soleil, je l’ai mis sur le côté mais il avait très mal au dos. L’hélicoptère a mis du temps à arriver. Quand tu as une personne inconsciente devant toi, les minutes paraissent incroyablement longues. Je suis reparti sur un rythme tranquille car ça te calme un peu. »