2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
  2. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    Ha thanks for that Ted a fantastic effort buy the crazy Dutchmen
    I know your a small country , i lived there for 3 years in emmen as a child , went back to visit my grandmother in 2002. Got directions .."go up the hil and turn left" i got lost could'nt find a hill:lol3
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    From Laia:

It has overcome the challenge of piloting a 4600 meters in the outcome of the marathon stage.The KH-7 has shot to the rhythm of the most competitive drivers and has finally been twenty, just over a minute of the top 15.In stage four, the Barcelona was relocated to 15th after the organization will return 35 minutes in compensation for the time he was detained helping an injured pilot.E5 Dakar16 Laia 1Laia Sanz has recovered the pulse of the race after yesterday's episode in which he sacrificed a great stage to help the injured pilot Pela Renet. Today, on the fifth day, between San Salvador de Jujuy (Argentina) and Uyuni (Bolivia), which will go down in history as the most especially altitude (4600 meters) in 38 editions of the Dakar, the pilot of KH-7 He has maintained the type and lapped with solvency within the first 20.At the end of the second part of the marathon stage, and after 327 kilometers with very fast sections, the 17-time world champion crossed the finish line in twentieth place, at 12'37 "of the first, his partner in the KTM Rally Factory Team Toby Price. Laia has withstood the challenge of high, despite running "almost all day with a headache and fatigue notice more", as explained. His times were very even those of the most competitive drivers Dakar and in the end he has distanced himself in just 1 minute and 20 seconds in 4 minutes 15 and top 10."The truth is that I thought would have finished in the top 15 because I've done quite well, but it is clear that in these stages so fast, the differences are minimal and can stay behind for very little. The most important thing is that we saved marathon stage, the bike is perfect and I have not lost much time, "he says. The KH-7 still biding his time, knowing that the hardest is yet to come: "Although the rally is now in its fifth day, this year we have not seen any real difficulty still have to go through things and secure. they will. The second week will be harder and hopefully get there well positioned ".In the overall standings, Laia Sanz occupies the 18th place at 25'43 "in the first two minutes of the fifteenth and tenth ranked twelve. Last night, the organization of the Dakar returned to Barcelona 35 minutes, most of the time who was detained helping Pela Renet, accident at kilometer 402. Thus, finally it consisted as ranking 15th in the fourth stage.The rally continues tomorrow with the running of the sixth stage, which will start and finish in Uyuni, with a long stage of 542 kilometers and link 181. "It will be a long and difficult day because we are between 3,500 and 4,200 meters" provides for the pluricampeona.
    garfey and GalacticGS like this.
  4. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    (the image to go with that story)
  5. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    Anyone know what the penalty for missing the new WPM is this year?
  6. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    yes it's called E.T
    nry likes this.
  7. stellarbrews

stellarbrews Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like Nassar is, in the face of the results from 3 really fast french cars, honestly and honourably saying to the world: "Look, I'm driving at my limit. We are giving it all."

Interesting when interviews are "real" and not just p.r. exercises.
  8. Moto Benny in MTL

Moto Benny in MTL Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    Dunno if "start ya bastard" counts. I've called mine that before
  10. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    He is talking about 60-70 riders have leaking fork seals, after the marathon, dryed up mud is hard, seals do not like it, says the man with the clogs. The malles moto one.
  11. stellarbrews

stellarbrews Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Moving on, one of the 'hits' of this year's race is the 'clunkiness' of inexact translations from other languages.
  12. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:

-
    CYRIL
    DESPRES

“50 kmph for around 100 km”

[​IMG]“The car is working: there's oil, diesel and water. It must be an electronic problem, because we haven't managed to go faster than 50 kmph for around 100 km. We stopped and tried to find what the problem was, but we couldn't. We stopped a second time and Romain Dumas gave us a tow to get up a slope. But the Dakar isn't finished, it's only the 5th day. In any case, we didn't know what we were aiming for… now we know that we're 22nd, there you go”.
  13. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    Too right! This is just Nasser, a refreshing character. If Peugeot was a women he'd be bitch slapped red, showing his pearla's and planning his next move!
  14. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    News just in from Corky's Facebook page:

Stage 04: Couldn't contain myself any longer - went into race mode. Sandy rocky pistes are good for me and I quickly overtook many riders. Then at full tilt the moose went and took the tyre off the rim. The tyre and mouse were trashed.

I rode 70k on the rim battling with trucks - it was scary. Borrowed a wheel of a crashed Husky and made it back to the bivouac at 11:30pm

Jx
    DudaRO, cheekorollo, sick_boy and 9 others like this.
  15. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Cyril,
    It's a French car. You need to be prepared for a bit of 'Safe mode' driving. :hide
    drgunther and yardracer like this.
  16. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Missing WPM, WPS, WPE, WPV, DZ, FZ, CP

19P2.1

See road-book
  17. timeOday

timeOday Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any precaution for this other than riding slower? More lube on mousse? Running a rimlock? (Or do they already?) Carry a tube and CO2 in case the mousse melts and cannot hold the bead?
  18. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Fixed. "But OK, for such a small amount I don't need a cheque book, this is not a problem"
  19. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    As a thought, I imagine this could well have been the wheel from #51 Pela Renet's bike?

And the circle of life continues...

Jx
  20. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    They're not a lot of help on that, so is it possible to get an hour penalty for missing the WPM? And how are they noted on the RB?