2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    From FB......more rain......................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Terence Marsh
    3 hrs ·
    Both of our South African built Nissan Navara's have managed to complete Stage 6 of the 2016 Dakar....but unfortunately not without issue!

Jurgen and Daniel Schroeder crashed 10km before the end of the stage and took off a front right wheel....they subsequently lost a couple of hours repairing the car before limping into the finish.

Sean Reitz and Riaan Greyling had another good stage recording their best stage result with 37th overall which now moves them to 51st overall in the event!

It is going to be a long night for our race technicians as they go about repairing Jurgens car and preparing Sean's car for tomorrows Stage 6 of 723km.....

The adventure continues....
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    RG

garfey, sick_boy and cyborg like this.
  3. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    10km from the finish...
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that detail. The rule talks about unauthorized "service" as being illegal but doesn't clarify if that applies to a little help from locals. Service makes me think more of Mustache Man with the spare tire and not the spectators helping lift the front to drain water or a farmer giving a pull.
  5. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Daaaaaaaammmmit. :cry:cry
  6. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    One of the best movies ever.

Woodrow : What do you want legs for anyway? You don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drink whiskey!
    Gus : I like to kick a pig every once in a while. How would I do that?
    AteamNM and Jimmy the Heater like this.
  7. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    We don't rent pigs!
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  8. rickmdz

rickmdz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On NBC sports Gordon's interview he also complained (accused) Peugeots of not using production engines, then he added he will have to rethink his Dakar program and he thought he wasn't coming back, I infer he was frustated with the org and his penalty.
    sick_boy likes this.
  9. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    OK you goofballs, time to find an avatar.

upload_2016-1-7_21-51-57.png
    beechum1, garfey, nry and 4 others like this.
  10. stuckthrottle

stuckthrottle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whew, finally got caught up. F5irehose marathon stage for me. Hopefully will be able to keep up from now on.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
  11. stuckthrottle

stuckthrottle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's similar to how the trackers we use in SCORE (Baja 1000) races are designed to work.
  12. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would guess there is more to it than that. Robby's been in the game long enough that just coming and running the course isn't enough. I think he has always been in it to win and he can see the writing in the sand. The era when any privateer, even with the resources that Robby brings to the table, can compete head on with the likes of Peugeot are coming to an end. It was one thing when he was bringing a unique design to compete against the turbo diesel 4wd Minis and a half effort from Toyota and other private designs like the bugley . Now he will be going toe to toe against the resources that Peugeot has at their disposal and a similar design. He came to prove that a Baja/stadium truck design is the best for Dakar. Unfortunately, it's Peugeot that is providing him right.
  13. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:

Here are the start times for the special section of Stage 6 of the 2016 Dakar Rally.

Robby Gordon - 9:25am/et
    Sheldon Creed - 10:05am/et

STAGE 6: UYUNI > UYUNI

Connection 181km | Special Stage 542km | Total 723km

[​IMG]
  14. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

Nasser Al-Attiyah cruzó la frontera a Bolivia a toda velocidad. Llegó 4° en la etapa de hoy y busca acercarse a los punteros del @Dakar. #AxionXRaidTeam
    {translated} Nasser Al-Attiyah crossed the border into Bolivia at full speed. He came 4th in today's stage and seeks to approachDakar pointers. #AxionXRaidTeam

[​IMG]

El #AxionXRaidTeam ya está en Bolivia y la gente lo celebró saludando a los autos al costado del camino.
    {translated} The #AxionXRaidTeam Bolivia is already in place and people waving to cars on the roadside.

[​IMG]

El #AxionXRaidTeam dio muestra de su garra en una etapa donde la gran altitud y los dificiles senderos fueron un verdadero desafio
    {translated} The #AxionXRaidTeam evinced his claw at a stage where the high altitude and difficult trails were a real challenge

[​IMG]

Nasser al llegar al vivac de Jujuy. Mañana se viene el paso de frontera con Bolivia hacia Uyuni.
    {translated} Nasser upon arrival at the bivouac of Jujuy. Tomorrow the border crossing comes with Bolivia to Uyuni.

[​IMG]

@orlyterranova en el campamento de Jujuy, luego de finalizar la 4ta Etapa.
    {translated} @orlyterranova Jujuy in the camp, after completing the 4th stage.
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  15. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

@dakarrally @peugeot @csainz_oficial @lucas74cruz #bolivia #dakar2016 #rallyraid #rally #dakar @redbulldesertwings #redbull #peugeot #rallydakar #southamerica #mchphoto

[​IMG]

The landscaoe around Jujuy is just amazing @dakarrally #rallyraid #dakar2016 #rallydakar #southamerica #argentina @joanbarredabort @rallyteamhrc #landscape #mchphoto

[​IMG]

Leaving #argentina today @gchicherit @xraidteam @dakarrally #dakar2016 #dakar #rally #rallydakar #monsterenegy #toyotires #zebrabuggy #mchphoto
  16. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

@kamaz_master won their first stage of many more today!! #Dakar2016 #desertwings

[​IMG]

Congrats to @seb.loeb on another stage win! Sainz and Peterhansel share the podium and the 2008DKR dominates yet another stage! #desertwings #Dakar2016 #teampeugeottotal
  17. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

Dakar passion begins at very young age. / La pasión comienza desde muy joven. #Dakar2016

[​IMG]

Magnifique atmosphere after a hard Stage 5 / Magnífica atmósphera en la llegada de la Etapa5. #Dakar2016 #DakarBO

[​IMG]

The smiles on the competitors are priceless. / Las sonrisas en los competidores son invaluables. Thank you / Gracias @boliviatravel1 #DakarBO

[​IMG]

After 642km of cold, heat, rocks, sandy roads and lack of oxygen, she works on next stage with a smile. / Después de 642km de frio, calor, rocas, caminos arenosos y falta de oxígeno, trabaja en la próxima etapa con una sonrisa. @laiasanz_85 #Dakar2016
    Rato Molhado and sick_boy like this.
  18. dog botherer

dog botherer Been here awhile

Oddometer:

So have played this clip back oh so many times (as I am sure Deadly has too, but for different reasons), and want to know how the hell she brought this back on line. I would be right down in the dirt with Ladder. Did she give it the donkey, right compensation with the front wheel, luck, weight distribution or alien forces, or is there a way that a mortal like me can do this too
    Rato Molhado and *kartman* like this.
  19. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    The hype is over all these roadbook holders are gone?
  20. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    Casteau on Facebook:
    It was a dusty special. I rode really strong, caught Olivier Pain and other pilots but it was very dangerous and I decided to hold, my tyres being very worn.Wwe can all fit over an handkerchief. This year the rythm is very high, there is no navigation, it's very fast. We climbed to 4800 m and the Bolivians gave me coke leaves that really helped to endure the altitude. It's a bit like homeopathie (sp?)
    dooby likes this.