2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think Ruben will be one to watch very closely , very fast and smooth rider and way more experience than most of the top 10-20 contenders ,
  2. Screamingeagle3

Screamingeagle3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    each year im amased by the entusiasam of the dakar posters/threads and i started follow advrider the year that "f5irehose"term was created.....just bump to it

thanks to f5 team(you know who you are) for the hard work....its awesome to have place like this
    :drink:super
    Bluebull2007, ALLAWYN, Clancy and 2 others like this.
  3. leeo45

leeo45 Longtime Lurker

Oddometer:
    I decided years ago that I am a backmarker at best, and often relegated to the spectator corp running to keep up with the F5irehose. But, most of the time I am up all night and day with one screen on the F5irehose and the big screen on Mischa's tracker. (BTW - don't forget to donate to Mischa's site in 2016) I appreciate the info and insight of the F5 elite. Looking forward to a great Dakar. Thanks in advance.
  4. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    Mornin' Garf... we're back in the saddle again... :kumbaya

F5 chaingang roll call... :deal

[​IMG]

:rofl:rofl:rofl
    Clancy likes this.
  5. homerj

homerj 742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer:
    Sleep? Sleep? You sleep? I went to the seedy part of town, jumped a crack dealer, took his stash, smoked up, and then went and swiped some nitro. When my heart starts palpitating I'll eat 7 or 8 nitro tabs. Then I got some Valium to smooth out the crack, and some adderall to pick me up from the Valium, a handle of Wild Turkey to take the edge off the adderall for the stage. I duct taped myself into my chair so when the spasms hit I don't fall down. I distilled the tuarine out of a case a Red Bull and I squirt that into my eyes when they start drooping. After the stage I'll get together a plan for tomorrow.
  6. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    Full Stage 1 Map and Google Earth file . . .

Stage 1 Map - Dakar 2016 - HogWild.png
    Green is car/truck track. Blue is where motos divert and rejoin car/truck course.

Google Earth File

Note that Street View works in a number of sections of the race course, including some of the high mountain dirt roads!
    sick_boy, K_N_Fodder, ALLAWYN and 9 others like this.
  7. Quietus

Quietus Mariner

Oddometer:
    Woohoo.. Good morning F5ers! The prologue yesterday was a good warmup. Coffee is on the pot, all the PCs in the appropriate pages,the muscles on the F5 finger are ready and waiting.
    Screamingeagle3 likes this.
  8. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    And that, Sports Fans, is FUNNY!
    :bow:bow:bow
  9. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Keep an eye on the old guard. Ruben, Helder, and Viladoms. Gonk fits in there as well but I expect HRC to be running a very high pressure operation this year and that pressure will either produce diamonds or cracks. Never having been a huge fan, I expect big things from Helder with his new found comfort zone at Yamaha. Let's hope their teething problems of last year are behind them.
  10. doyle

Oddometer:
    The n00bs will be fast fer sure but without a clear top dog to chase, experience could be the tortoise that beats the shit out of the hares.
  11. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    SS1 Rosario to Villa Carlos Paz
    MOTO PREVIEW:

Joan "Bam Bam" Barreda, by way of his fastest time on the 11 km prologue stage yesterday, will have the honour of leading the moto field into battle on today (sunday) 227 km SS1... the first real rally stage of the 2016 DAKAR.

Barreda left the Rosario bivouac at 04:00 am local Argentine time, and now the entire moto field is on route via the liason stage to the SS1 start control.

The special stage is scheduled to start at 08:00 am local ARG time, barring any fog or other weather mishap which may delay the official start (it has happened before in the mountains around Cordoba).

As far as the tactics or "attack" for this first "WRC style" stage of the race proper... we can see that the top 20 moto's at this stage are only seperated by 20 seconds in the generall (overall) classification). ie. you can put a blanket over the lot of them!

Bam Bam and Ruben even tied for first place (on time) from yesterdays prologue.

Will Barreda push hard (opening the road and setting down the lines in the gravel rally type stage)... who will play conservative... the elite riders in start pos. 10 through 15 definately have the best window of opportunity to make time on a stage like this, anywhere up to 3 or 4 minutes on the leader, with the road swept and hot lines/braking points scuffed in...

It's only about an hour and a half to kick off f5olks! :thumb
    ALLAWYN likes this.
  12. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you got the biochemistry right, but you forgot snacks, dude. :drif
  13. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sleep ? Tried it ,didn't work ! Coffee in hand waiting , go Sherco!
    VxZeroKnots and Rato Molhado like this.
  14. homerj

homerj 742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer:
    I'm watching what I eat for my health, no snacks :D
  15. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    What strangery... is this you say...? :dunno:confused Do not he know where mouth, to put food is? (yoda voice) :D
  16. R3zn1k

R3zn1k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good morning F5ellas.
    I can't wait what the mothership will be like, since the thread yesterday was already fast f5lowing (at least for me) ;-) .
  17. tatterhood

tatterhood Sturdy Girl

Oddometer:
    Home on maternity leave with a 4 week old kiddo. Timing couldn't be better. Too bad I'll have to sit and entertain myself with this thread while I keep him fed. F5... Bring it on!!
  18. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went ~40mi out of the way on the way home yesterday, got a big box of fried chicken, a dozen chicken livers, 8 gizzards, 4 pieces of fried catfish, a qt of cheesy broccoli, a qt of taters fried up with onions & bell pepper, rolls & corn muffins & gravy . . . and a qt of cherry cobbler. And I have a crockpot of black beans cooking. And a couple 12-ers of beer, a handle of brandy, a l of tequila + Triple Sec + limes, a l of Hot Damn 100, and some oranges & grapefruit & tangerines.

And some snacks.

I'm ready.
  19. doyle

Oddometer:
    Congratulations!
  20. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't make the start line last night because I was away at a race meeting, and now I'm struggling to catch up and find all the right pages:shog

At my age you can forget an awful lot in twelve months:gerg