2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gooooo Wessell!!!! :pynd
    690RR, Pyp and 640 Armageddon like this.
  2. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's some very weird marketing there man :D
  3. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    wtf? :scratch

[​IMG]
  4. SteveDennehy

SteveDennehy Steve

Oddometer:
    Wessel made it to just before the rest day last year before the snowball got him. And only after spending two nights sleeping in the desert. He's tough as nails, but not lightning fast.
    He's out there with a hurt wrist, staring down a snowball, seeing who blinks first.
    Come on Wessel, gooi mielies :wings
    BurtDakarax, Carlos M, Khonsu and 6 others like this.
  5. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Walkner FB

Awesome day!!! Place 2 in the case of the longest and one of the most difficult stages and in the overall standings on rank 3 after advanced! " in the beginning it was not perfect! I am 160 km long in the dust of 2 drivers driving. I could then pass by and found a great rhythm. The last 80 km were then quick right after such a long stage and on the height. But for me it was despite all the hardships a mega awesome day "
    Iron Horse likes this.
  6. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Faria :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's kobus doing some Coca :p

[​IMG]
    Rato Molhado and sick_boy like this.
  7. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Bam Bam now shows WP 10 with Ceci

I don't think Annie got her batmobile fixed..................:becca
  8. dickosaurus

dickosaurus Geezer Coalition Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Attrition appears to be mechanicals and injuries, not fatigue, exhaustion or psyche?"
    I would argue that the altitude alone has a lot to do with the injuries due to the fatigue and exhaustion it brings to the table. Not for everyone, but it certainly affects some folks worse than others.
  9. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Personally I feel that the withdrawal of Peru and the hastily added Argentinian start has had an impact and so has the weather, plus there hasn't been too much off piste, and when there has it hasn't really been - having said that the pace at the top is quick, very good riders are now half an hour back. The field is thinning, but on the whole it hasn't been as brutal as other years - yet!!!
  10. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just noticed that Francisco Arrendondo finished just ahead of Scott Bright today. I believe he's a frequent Score Baja contender, and I think he ran in the BITD Reno to Vegas this year as well. Didn't realize he was running Dakar as well.
    690RR likes this.
  11. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In respect of Bam Bam I'm with Lewlleynen (how the heck do you spell it?). He is a great rider. Those who trash him because his bike broke are just sour grapes - none of you ride as well as him. :lol3 I got tremendous respect for the guy personally because so many others (including Cyril) would have thrown in the towel when the going gets tough. Thats the spirit of Dakar that we all love to see from the little guys, and the malle moto guys. Lets not forget, this boy rode a bike hundreds of km with only one hand!

He was and is known to be a bit silly at times, but at the end of the day if you want to be in front there only one thing to do and that is put the throttle to the donkey. Conserve the bike = do not crash and do not wring its neck too hard for too long. Hmmm - Well Faria just crashed. Why is he not being given a pineapple by the peanut galley? Bottom line is most guys have done silly things. Look at Brian Bontekoning, who was running second in the quads and forgot his passport at the bivvy!

The honda team are not exactly the best team out there and maybe they need a revamp - whatever- So long as they maintain the bikes well, build good bikes and so long as the riders survive all the risks they should do fine.

Hey, I really like Toby, he is a gent to boot. A brilliant rider too. NOT yet an alien in my books. Lets see how he does this year. If he does well and is back next year, then sure I agree he will be an alien.

But Hey, wouldn´t it be just amazing if the Gonk were to finally win a Dakar?

And if he does, what will all the naysayers be saying then?
  12. VRRR1

VRRR1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honda have a history of bad rider racing decisions - Ricky Carmichael - Valentino Rossi - The HRC rallye bike came 2nd last year in this race won many stages plus rally world champ etc so there is not much in the bike build Honda v KTM rally. Its all about management ! Japanese and European lost in Translation - Europeans know how to build and enduro bike it their thing . What do the Japanese know ? I think Honda is taking notice of KTM coming on strong in terms of establish themselves as a manufacturer. Moto 3 is a case in point back and forth Honda v KTM (Honda won the last one) KTM going to play now with Honda in MotoGP ... see how that plays out ? Last time they tried they battled to finish a race. KTM is on offensive. In the off road KTM own ( plus the amount of products available here in KTM stable) that is why Honda cannot keep riders - Laia for example has a better route to wec etc - Honda have a poor infrastructure for riders path to championship. KTM have that covered from 50cc 65cc and the path to KTM branding offroad is much more effective at KTM.
  13. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    We got a get this in full resolution.
    Witch Orange trooper is that?
    Screamingeagle3 likes this.
  14. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Ignacio Casale out.... :(

''Ignacio Casale abandona el Dakar 2016 por una caída con consecuencia de fractura de clavícula, fuerza perro Casale!!! #dakar2016''
    Hope he gets well really soon...

[​IMG]
  15. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I absolutely agree! :nod
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  16. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
  17. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    The TV4Frace pictures tell the story...
    Today was touted to be the toughest so far... but a 90+ km/h average speed does not indicate they spent much time out of the top two cogs...?

Mathias knows how to make sure he gets on the highlights reel... Kini's protogé... :D
    LlelP, yardracer and 640 Armageddon like this.
  18. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Neil - yes he is all of that, but don't believe the folk (or his) stories - he rode the bike a few Km's one handed after his second big crash that day. :thumb

Who could ride a 100k over that terrain one handed with one handlebar and only lose a few mins - or are you winding us up :lol3
  19. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :razor

That would be one of the KTM elite team´s guys taking "Unacceptable Bam bam risks" again :rofl
  20. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    AUTO overall:

Peterhansell takes the lead today.
    It seems that PUGs have really gapped everybody else.

[​IMG]
    too old likes this.