2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. LlelP

LlelP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    He genuinely did it man. I was there!
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Ivan Cervantes did really well today considering he crashed yesterday and knocked himself out.......
  3. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    Croquelois is out with a pretty nasty fall according to what I read on FB
  4. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer:
    CD - changed his engine by himself on the marathon. Because the man is an educated mechanic. That makes him a fighter.

But(t) the BB man is deadly quick and navigate just as good as the top guys/gals. Might be to deadly...
  5. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    TV4France ”le bivouac”: :jkam
    Troys musings of the SS6 bivouac in Uyni…

Bolivia eh…? If you owned the world’s biggest desert rally cross country spectacular… well why wouldn’t you take your show there? I mean look at it… the peoples genuine passion and enthusiasm, the pageantry, the support and co-operation of the government… the vistas and the terrain and the LIVE almost non-stop televison coverage… lalalalalah BOLIVIAAAAAA…. Lalalalalalaaah….!!!” :rayof:wings

The presidents hands on presence and what seems to be a genuine interest for the rally and it’s participants, and his country’s involvement… simply awesome!
    Except for the acidic fiasco out on the Salar stage last year (nothing more than a PR stunt at the expense of the competitors) the Bolivian contribution to DAKAR is very worthwhile… even if there is not a sand dune in sight.

The stage…. Hmmm… looked that by mid day the rain had held off and it was light dust on some fast tracks and roads… I am sill wondering when the “off piste” is going to happen? Like Llel and others have indicated… maybe all the “hard marbles” are being saved for Fiambala…? :hmmmmm:dunno

Luc Alphand and Maxime Picat did a nice job of a 10 minute “infomercial” for PEUGEOT (back to the days of the RedBull DAKAR by VW…eh? :lol3 ) looking at the footage of the new 2016 PUG… well it looks like it brakes, corners and accelerates really well… eats the bumps and gutters much better than the Mini’s or Toyotas. All in all I would comment that it looks 50% easier to drive – but does so at a pace 20% faster than what the 2015 version could hope for. Last year’s car always looked unsettled, nervous at speed… this new thing is stable, stealthy. :bow

A nice homage to the old Camel and Pioneer 205’ and 405 Dakar campaigns also… the days of tyres on the turret… :D

[​IMG]

Chavo made the news reel and binned it on the Uyuni ceremonial podium… the crowd still loved him!!! :clap:clap

RG pulling donuts around the town square… typical Robby. Crowd pleaser. :nod

Jean Marc Fontin did a bit on the SAF Toyota Hilux pick-ups. (Bakkies). The new gen v8 motor sounds awesome I think. As far as the platform… I think that in an “African DAKAR” this car would be in its element – more “offroad DAKAR race truck”, than WRC gravel cross car”. :dirtdog

The recce crew with Jean Pierre Fontenay must have the best job in the business… if you’re an adventourist! (I miss my old job, when I see JPF digging 4x4s out of sandhills).

Michelin jumped on the “infomercial bandwagon”, and plugged their nice new readily available series production tyre, that they knocked up at PEUGEOTS request. Of course these are the ones – as per the regs - that any competitor can buy… if they had of been able to… but only PEUGEOT knew about… until recently… or something like that. :rofl

Other diverse MOTO info…

Toby bounced off a vehicle while going through a sand wash about 22 km’s into the stage. :eek7

Waulkner caught Meo and Svitko just before WP1… they picked up the trail and made off more or less in company. :wink:

Mathias pulled a "no footer" for the chopper... :ricky

And Gonk did what Gonk does… kept on keeping on… Ceci pulled Bam Bam off, Ruben busted his arm and got a picked up/fixed up by the medics. :cry

That’s about it…
    AteamNM, Carlos M, ArthDuro and 5 others like this.
  6. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    WOOT WOOT!!!! ANNIE WP2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap
    drgunther and Deadly99 like this.
  7. Ciampa

Ciampa Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting! That makes sense. I didn’t think he was grooming the kid out of his love for the sport.

Looks like El Niño might make another appearance tomorrow in Salta.

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 12.00.37 PM.png
  8. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    :photog :oscar
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  9. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:

stop singing.....:fpalm
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  10. tormenta

tormenta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No. for example, tobi Price today take the start at 7:00 an finish at 12:51:48 his stage time acording to the tracker is 5h 51´48´´
  11. steved57

steved57 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Manny is in now
  12. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    MANUEL IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been away from the PC for a few hours but, as said before, let's see him atop the podium a couple times before granting laurels. Let's see how it goes when there;s no "we," when he's without his crutch.

Note: In case there's any doubt, I think any endeavor undertaken in order to be able to say "I'm The Best" is meaningless unless done ALONE. "We" is nobody!
    too old and Rato Molhado like this.
  14. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Annie WP3...I hope this works for her today.......

well, got to go and chuck a new battery into my batmobile......and feed me putz (husband)......
    garfey likes this.
  15. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    It could be worse yr... :brow

I could post a vid of me dancing... :wings:rayof

:lol3:lol3
    yardracer likes this.
  16. sick_boy

sick_boy I follow you.

Oddometer:
    ...and so is CR Gittere.

Shoestring and Critter!
    steved57 and dwdantzler like this.
  17. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer:
    A nice homage to the old Camel and Pioneer 205’ and 405 Dakar campaigns also… the days of tyres on the turret… :D

[​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

THE most cool rally car ever made. 205 T16...the late days maxed out at 3.0 bars....500+ bhp
  19. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    and Rosa!!!!!
    Rato Molhado and dickosaurus like this.
  20. rtw02

rtw02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, One of the Greats!
    Glad Manny made it around :clap

And yes, wouldnt it be something if Gonk won!