2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the update! Let's hope he can make up the positions lost on his birthday!
  2. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the work there Yardracer...Saves a lot of us time bouncing back and forth to get the whole story.
    yardracer likes this.
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Laia's blog for today....in a limpy gogle translation....

Step 6: Laia Sanz lurks the top 15
    Created: January 8, 2016After shooting more than half ninth stage, the pilot has completed KH-7 is placed fifteenth and sixteenth overall."I had to shoot 300 kilometers stuck in the dust of the drivers in front and I struggled to overtake.""At the end of the day I dropped the pace a bit as a precaution. It was a very long and with many special hazards.""The pace is brutal and the level very high; there is not armed".In the overall classification, is 39 minutes from the first, which in the Dakar 2015 would have placed seventh race at this point.E6 Dakar16 Laia 1After six days of competition, Laia Sanz is already on the threshold of the top 15, your primary goal in this Dakar 2016. The pilot KH-7 has brilliantly solved the longest stage of the rally, with 542 timed kilometers on the edge of Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia), and finished in 15th position, 13'42 "from his companion on the KTM Rally Factory Team Toby Price, winner of the day.The Corbera de Llobregat rolled for over half stage in 9th place, spaced 3 to 4 minutes first. Even in the way point five came to lie in 8th position. It appeared that the Spanish pluricampeona sign his first top 10 this year, but in the final part of the race has slowed the pace a bit after day wear, which has gone to about 3,500 meters with a peak 4200, which made him lose any position."Today I finished more tired than other days. The tour has been long and although it was very rapid, was full of dangers, so you had to be very focused. The first 300 kilometers I have eaten the dust of the pilots who were in front and I struggled to overtake. At the end of the day when I've noticed more tired I loosened a little caution. I did not want to force and risk a fall. how many forces have to know you are and learn to manage them. I think that I know do it, "he admits.At the sixth stage, Laia is in 16th place overall at 39'29 "leader and only 2 seconds of the 15th. Compared to last year, at this stage of career, Laia Sanz leaving in 14th place but 1h 23'09 "of the first, giving a good account of the progress it has experienced in his riding in the past twelve months and increase general level of the motorcycle. In fact, doing 'rally fiction', the almost 40 minutes apart with the head of the race had placed seventh in the 2015 Dakar.So see what Laia Sanz: "Clearly going much faster this year, but everybody runs much Rhythm is brutal and the level very high; there is not armed, but I'm very happy because the race is. being speed so far, without any difficulty really and zero navigation, the opposite of what is good for me and I'm holding the guy. I think this has not really begun. He has not yet passed anything and I convinced that it will be in the second week when it happens. "Indeed, the first week of competition will be completed tomorrow with the running of the seventh stage, between Uyuni (Bolivia) and Salta (Argentina), which will have a special of 353 kilometers and a link 440.
    dickosaurus, Rato Molhado and dooby like this.
  4. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    You're very welcome :D

(What the heck did you all do the two hours I was gone..........????:imaposer)
  5. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    I think I was a little hard on Barreda earlier. I guess it just bothers me that HRC seem without the ability to grasp and learn from their mistakes. And these are small mistakes but they add up to a death by a thousand cuts. What bothers me is that I like Honda, I like the team, the riders, the structure, and the fact that such a large organization would expend such effort on a small niche segment within a small niche sport and that their lack of total coordination gives the bean counters further reason to pull the plug. Honestly if I am Honda executive management, I am asking the hard questions of the teams upper management. It's not Barreda, or a new bike each year, or the team (mis)management, or the hyper-concentration on a technical solution, it's all of them together that conspire to sabotage their effort. Few out there have the wherewithal to snatch the win as Paulo and few deserve it as much. I became a fan when he rolled out on an XR650R when everyone else just went for the 660 Rally. I was a fan from day one. Paulo has been scrapping with the Honda nearly the entire time and when the machine breaks down, we break down. I was a fan of Barreda from when I got to interview him for my blog back in 2011 or 2012. Everyone of them has super human talent when compared to the total gene pool, I just hate it when it goes to pot.

[​IMG]

When I worked for Honda in their Indycar glory days, if they won on Sunday, us warehouse schlubbs got a cookie tray on Monday. I want the HRC warehouse schlubbs to get their cookie tray.
  6. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    Downtime?

How about BBC's 2012 Documentary "Madness on Wheels, Rallying's Craziest Years":

[​IMG]
  7. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:

Safe to say that it's NOT drinking the koolaid when I say Dakar racing is the Ktm kulture.

Twas not that long ago when Bmw was the culture as Ktm have not always owned Dakar.

Why you'd leave a culture you dominate (as Bmw did) is beyond me. Guess it comes down to elephants (Bmw) v tigers (Ktm)

Perseverance = success.
    yardracer likes this.
  8. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Looking good to:-)day

[​IMG]
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  9. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:raabia "oooooh mr doyle person... you had me at cookie..." :raabia
  10. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Rebel X Sports FB

Day 7 - Connection 180 | Special Stage 542
    Today was the longest Special Stage and for the most part was at above 4000mt of altitude. Look like the KTM squad is on the attack and Toby Price won at an incredible speed. Bad day for Barreda, which stop for more then an hour and Paolo Ceci had to stop to assist him, but looks like the spaniard is almost out of the game. Our Manuel started this morning in 100th position, not so sure why… but he managed to climb several spot finishing the day in 86th position. Finally the navigation is starting to become harder and will might see our hard to die, do it all, never give up GOMan climb several spots in the next days. Now is the Dakar is finally becoming more navigational and few stages on after the rest days are also very sandy, which is one of manuel favorite terrains… Let's get ready!
    Day Stage
    1 - Toby Price | KTM Red Bull > 05:51:48
    86 - Manuel Lucchese | Yamaha Rebel > 08:22:49
    Variation > 02:31:01
    Overall Ranking
    1 - Paulo Gonçalves | Honda HRC Racing > 20:23:07
    67 - Manuel Lucchese | Yamaha Rebel > 25:00:29
    Variation > 04:37:22

[​IMG]
  11. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    8Pm and Bosman is showing as finished, :knary but there is nothing after Wp9...Im hoping he did indeed finish but his name appears with these guys which is worrying :hmmmmm
    upload_2016-1-9_1-6-0.png
    BurtDakarax likes this.
  12. HumphreyBear

HumphreyBear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can see it here:
    Stage-6,-Brabec.gif

'Bear
    Carlos M likes this.
  13. Rato Molhado

Rato Molhado Psiconauta del inconsciente

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure his Irritrack stoped or something... Bosman is in the classification, I think that does it.
  14. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this yr, its what I have been waiting to see:

Laia tells us what its really like - Hard but...
    but I'm very happy because the race is. being speed so far, without any difficulty really and zero navigation, the opposite of what is good for me and I'm holding the guy. I think this has not really begun. He has not yet passed anything and I convinced that it will be in the second week when it happens.

Ahah! :deal
    Rato Molhado and yardracer like this.
  15. HumphreyBear

Oddometer:
    Price on Stage 6:
    Stage-6,-Price.gif

'Bear
    Carlos M and nry like this.
  16. HumphreyBear

Oddometer:
    And Bam Bam for Stages 4 and 5. I did this to see if he was sitting on anyone's heels...
    Stage 4
    Stage-4,-Bam-Bam.gif

Stage 5
    Stage-5,-Bam-Bam.gif
    Carlos M, beechum1 and nry like this.
  17. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Sometimes I think I'm going mad at a minimum I question my memory / intelligence. Definitely starting to suffer information overload but this one is pretty glaring in my opinion.
    yardracer likes this.
  18. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Flip I´m pleased about Bosman. :pynd

19. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    After yesterdays stage you've got to love it !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rato Molhado, Sundowner and yardracer like this.
  20. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    I think so far I posted her blog every night. Just look for something with an atrocious translation.................................
    Rato Molhado and drgunther like this.