2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    TVP on
  2. leeo45

leeo45 Longtime Lurker

Oddometer:
    Head over to the east side of Lake Lewisville and you can use my broadband. :photog You have to let me see the ES coverage though.
  3. CBVRacing

CBVRacing CBVRacing

Oddometer:
    Whoaaaaa...more impressive than the Peugeot dashboard! Love the black book for the special F5 notes ;)
  4. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    He doesn't have a bright white bandana and sucking down a Red Bull during interviews. Admittedly he is a flat biller but it doesn't even look like a fresh hat.
  5. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    The black book was mostly love letters to Laia.......
    :raabia
    :cob
  6. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:
    100 percent of the Shercos are still running well ! Just saying ,lol
    stuckthrottle, DudaRO, Brtp4 and 8 others like this.
  7. Iron Horse

Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer:
    Think the F5ADVASO needs to change the rules next year and make the use of "gate" an automatic DQ.
  8. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    David Casteu

[​IMG]

David is ranked 35th of the 7th stage of the Dakar disputed between Uyuni (Bolivia) and Salta (Argentina) at 13'42 '' behind the winner Antoine Meo (KTM). It appears in 21st place overall, 1 h 01'53 '' leader Paulo Goncalves (Honda).

"I left this morning on a good pace, but my bike was not working well. I do not know if it was from the altitude. I found a gasoline pump fault, my bike was 70%. I stopped, I tinkered on the track, I got back on the rear pump. But drivers have passed and I found myself in the dust. "

Then racing motorcycles was stopped before the passage of a river swollen by a big storm. Twenty-two drivers were able to cross the river before it is too big, but David and the rest of the pack, could not pass. "It was me who made the decision to stop the race, says David. We could not go in the river. A Polish driver wanted to move, but his motorcycle was left completely under water. With Verhoeven, we tried to cross but it was impossible. I then went back initially to warn others and we could then regain arrival in convoy ... The rest day will be well deserved! Laurence and Charles arrive tomorrow (Sunday) in Salta manager for me all week. The mechanics, themselves, will arrive around 3 am after making 1200 km on mountain roads at 4600 m! ".

The three riders of Team Casteu are still in the race

Harite Gabari ranked 79th in the stage at 45'20 '' behind the winner. It appears in 80th place overall at 7 h 06'26 '' behind the leader.
    Thursday night at the finish of the sixth stage, Harite sent a message: "It was a very dangerous step, fast, long and played in altitude. I rode well, I kept the pace from beginning to end, I still suffer, but I grit my teeth! "

Laurent Lazard ranked 74th in the stage at 42'09 '' behind the winner. It appears in 70th place overall to 5 h 44'25 '' behind the leader.
    "Even a complicated day. It had been three days since I had altitude sickness and therefore I was not well. I preferred to make thinking about the second week I'll attack at 100%. I assured so as not to hurt me and not dip into my physical, because I had trouble concentrating. I regret because the Bolivian people, the landscapes were really beautiful. It is a pity that the altitude has made us so badly. "
  9. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill! I've only ridden a couple days of road books but even with that very small pool it was enough to see very different styles in what to mark and what not to mark. But man.... given the pace possible on that road, you'd think that one may have been marked....
    VxZeroKnots likes this.
  10. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really like this cockpit but I can't figure out where the beer goes?
  11. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Support route is 1200 km!!!! Holy crap!!! 3 am estimated arrival in bivouac? Thats whole lotta crazy, I assume not planned....route diverted duebto floods or something?
    yardracer likes this.
  12. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    upload_2016-1-9_23-45-32.png

F5 comedy star :clap:rofl points from the jury.
  13. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do not believe that, that they have two or more sets of elevation. All those printed press and .... on paper should be wrong to.

Very sloppy, as you said.
  14. Lobster Grrl

Lobster Grrl Ground feeder

Oddometer:
    Aww, I hope all is well with your dog. They're just like family.
    too old and Rato Molhado like this.
  15. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes, planned, but they do not ride over Villazon, the same route as they come over Tarija.
  16. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmmm so that'll be Gate Gate then .................... :imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer
    garfey and Evil Invader like this.
  17. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salta convience centre, 1 coffee. Or is this last years pic from Antonio NariƱo, set just on line?
    [​IMG]
  18. Iron Horse

Oddometer:
    :bluduh

:lol3
  19. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  20. Iron Horse

Oddometer:
    So if the support vehicles have to go 1200 klicks, what route do the motos, that couldn't cross the rio, take?
    yardracer likes this.