2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. cameron110

cameron110 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have packed up the F5 hub here at VA Motorrad for the night.

[​IMG]

Because it is "movie night", we are having some folks into the shop tonight to watch a few days of the Eurosport coverage on the projector and to consume some delicious beverages :freaky

[​IMG]

:drink Anton and I are signing off for the night, you FFs are in charge, slow clap those last few riders in.
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:

quad 257 - Nelson Sanabria, the Paraguayan going for broke

The only representative of his country in the quad race still on the Dakar, Nelson Sanabria has been discrete since the prologue. But that is finished: he has decided to do his utmost to bring to fruition the plan he hatched in 2014…

• [​IMG]
    The Dakar is a question of will. For Nelson Sanabria it is also one of outstanding consistency. The Paraguayan quad rider, who was 12th in 2014 and 4th in 2015, now boldly declares his objectives. “To reach the top”. He has been working towards this for three years and now the moment has come. On the evening of the stage between Salta and Belén, he sets out his tactics: “Now, it's going to be all or nothing”. However, this announcement is based on logic. “I rode the whole of the first week managing my race, observing and listening to my machine. I wanted to get to the moment on the Dakar where the view becomes clear and you know just where to go”. A motorsports enthusiast, he has been devoting himself to quad riding for several years, with the aim of swiftly making it to the top, according to a three-year plan. “The time has come,” he says on his third Dakar. In this light, the stage he rode to Belén was a model of sensible management: “I suffered a lot on the tracks in the first half of the rally. Afterwards, there was sand, muddy rivers and heat. It was tricky and the quad started to overheat, so I made sure I looked after it. But you need to know just how to handle it, which is what some of the favourites who have dropped out were not capable of”. After a perfectly controlled first week, for Sanabria's Dakar it is now make or break; or the conclusion of his three-year plan.
  4. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Way ta go Critter!
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    A bunch of cars (dozens) still out of the route. Dark. Dunes. Awesome. Tim Coronel being one of them
  6. clearandlock

clearandlock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brooklyn, New York. Home Town Sydney Australia
    ok Sebastian Loeb is a hero of mine, the guy is awesome so I am struggling with my feelings here, firstly thank god he was not injured in the accident but part of me is a little bit glad he has been humbled by the desert, just a little bit. ( I would like him not to have lost as much time though)

If he was to come in and ace the race first time, it would devalue the Dakar for me. This race that i love and admire is to respected, no matter how fast you are in WRC, motocross/baja, stadium truck you have to pay your dues and learn the craft. (sometimes the hard way). (Side thought: I wonder why RG just doesn't get it)

This race is special, the guys that excel at it are special (for me anyway) for someone to come in and win it straight up means that Mr Dakar aint that great (and we know he is) and the race ain't that hard (and we know it is).

If Seb gets win fair and square against Nassar, Stephane and Carlos and co then he has to fight for it, I want him to earn it. (this is my disappointment at the first weeks course)

Maybe I am just romanticizing the whole thing, it is just a bunch of boys (and exceptional girls) tearing through the country side.

I have no doubt Loeb will be the next Mr Dakar, he is just an incredible driver, but "First you race the desert... and sometimes the desert wins!"

I hope this thought does not come off as schadenfreude, I am loving the racing, and at last the Dakar has started!!!

discuss...

Side thought 2: Why don't I feel the same about the bikes, I guess with the aliens gone it is anyones. hmmmm thought?
  7. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    from Craig Gathercole's FB

"Who would have thought? Just over 14 weeks ago this man Toby Price was sitting around a campfire and spending time with kids to help raise funds for children and families living with cancer. Toby has been helping us out at our annual KTM Ride 4 Kids event for the last 3 years and now is leading the toughest off road race in the world. He is just over half way in the tough race and everyone needs to get behind Toby to help him get home and stay on top for a win. Plenty of sleepless nights ahead to watch the results....go luck and keep it up Toby"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:clap:clap:clap
  8. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    dooby likes this.
  9. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:

Now we know who the "we" are he's always speaking about.
    He rides with them in his heart.
    A quality Human Being there.
    Good on Ya !

GO!!!!!!! Max
    dooby, DudaRO, TEDROO and 6 others like this.
  10. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I just realized where you're at, stopped by there last year. :D
  11. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    noticed: France tv, Luc Alphand to Helder in zona de meta, just start telling first how good the bike is. Helder did not expect that this was the first part of their conversation.
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  12. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

You calling Loeb, Daddy Cool?

Rato Molhado likes this.
  13. solitary1

solitary1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    maybe coma made the first week easier than usual because entries are down,if people thought they would struggle to survive the first week they would be reluctant to stump up the entry fee/cost of having a go.with loeb and the enduro moto riders making a good go of it then more people may be tempted to try their luck next year
    rickmdz and Rato Molhado like this.
  14. clearandlock

clearandlock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brooklyn, New York. Home Town Sydney Australia
    Probably...
    Deadly99 likes this.
  15. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    is this a different vid than before?
  16. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Pizzolito FB

Pizzolito confirmed that remains the hardest
    Arrived in Buenos Aires after its abandonment of the Dakar Argentina - Bolivia 2016, Javier Pizzolito analyzed with the Champions team, AM630 Rivadavia, the characteristics of the sections began to move participants in Catamarca. "Here you define the race. Will that have physical and mechanical rest," he said.
    In my view it is the most attractive part of Dakar. It is the crux of the race. Here is define who is going to take the race by the peaceful duties, "said Javier Pizzolito during the dialogue with the Champions team, AM630 Rivadavia, analyzing the remaining stages of the Dakar Argentina - Bolivia 2016
    .Arrived in Buenos Aires after its abandonment in the competition, said Pizzolito from the remaining sections, all must be taken with prudence on the part of the pilots, to the characteristics of the terrain. "Basically, there will be no roads only dry riverbeds course and compasses are much used, because deviations will be the order of the day. It will have to be excellent guidance and administration of resources, both physical and mechanical," he said.
    "In the dunes, being more than 2000 meters above sea level, the engine loses efficiency and begins to fail because water and fuel reach a boiling point, which literally boils everything," said Pizzolito. "From midday, the heat arerna it makes a meal and traction is complicated and if not flowing with handles breakages occur" advised.
    sick_boy likes this.
  17. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    old map
    [​IMG]
    dooby likes this.
  18. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    I'd say Manuel looks particularly happy......................................

There are so many things to say tonight, and unfortunately not good. Francesco Catanese broke his yamaha which remained in the first special, awaiting the balai. He is back with a ride to the bivouac, I'd say pretty poodle. Diocleziano Toia is down at mile 180 of the second ps and the bikes he thought well of atterrargli on my back, probably incrinandogli two ribs. The two camel back broke but in this way they did to him from airbag! Diocletian restarts of course tomorrow morning....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    neduro and sick_boy like this.
  19. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Gd ted.
    Deadly99 likes this.
  20. auguzt

auguzt get on with it

Oddometer:
    M. Metge has reached WP9
    and Cork is in!

:clap
    pebble35, sick_boy and Rato Molhado like this.