2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    Thank's for educating the F5aithful Gimme :thumb

Might I add, that they are not just good ozzie tucker... they are the confectionary gods gift to humanity... :yum:yum:yum :lol3

[​IMG]
    garfey, TEDROO, Gimme 2 and 1 other person like this.
  2. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    No, you are wrong... we are alllllll wrong... except the French :rofl
  3. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    019 - Metge, from one world to another

Until then, the rally had been going well for Michael Metge, who occupied 16th position in the general standings, carrying out his role of water carrier in a Team HRC that had already been hit by the withdrawal of Joan Barreda, and who especially had posted the 4th best time on the stage to Salta. However, after the rest day, the resumption of the rally had an especially bitter taste: “After 18 kilometres, I had an electrical problem and I couldn't ride any faster than 20 kmph. I took ages to reach the end of the first section of the special and with my assistance team it took time to find the problem and repair it,” says the French rider. Faced with such bad fortune, caused by a disconnected socket on his Honda, Michael endeavoured to hang in there, even if it meant confronting difficulties that he had not yet experienced before. “I didn't know the Dakar by night,” he explains at the finishing line. “And it's rather intimidating! The worst thing is at about 10 km from the finishing line, in the fesh-fesh, I fell and it felt like I hurt every bone in my body. The front of the bike hit something and I was thrown over the handlebars”. With an injured shoulder and wrist, as well as a dizzying fall down the general standings, Metge was still counting on clocking in for the marathon stage that starts today, which could be decisive for his team leader: “I don't even know what time it is, but I'll need to recharge my batteries. I'm hurting all over, but I hope I'm going to be ok. I'm aiming to be back on the bike for the next stage to be able to help Paulo (Gonçalves) if he needs”.
    sick_boy and Rato Molhado like this.
  4. homerj

homerj 742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer:
    Work has been putting a damper on following, figures that one of the most exciting days is today.

TP is going to have his work cut out for him tomorrow on another marathon stage. I'll be interested to see if the KTMs lay back on the 1st 1/2 of the marathon again like they did on earlier in the rally. If they're all turning in the same or suspiciously similar times they're laying back and letting Gonk lead on the 2nd half.

Speaking of Gonk, what a goddamned hero. I probably would have laid there until someone got my mom to come out and there and make it all better. He just jumped up, grabbed the bike, and took off.

Good on Seb for getting it back on the road and running through to the stage end. That Pug looks super compact, there's almost nothing in front of the firewall, and the engine looks like it's up and under the cockpit. They've really done a lot to centralize the mass,

Poor RG, he can't keep gas in his trucks or keep them from breaking. He missed any chance to win overall once PUG started throwing bales of $100 bills at a 2wd buggy. He might as well go 4wd and see if he can beat them that way. :dunno
  5. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    It's primarily because of the layout of the stage book each competitor is given (A5 landscape format), so maintain the continuity on each page.

I agree it can appear confusing - but at the end of the day, the competitors themselves don't really need to know which direction they are heading in, just where everything is in relation to each other?

Jx
    garfey and ianofmcmillan like this.
  6. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    All in a days work my good chap . Well the things you learn on this site aye...now i can tell my brotheroutlaw in the uk about the link and i wont have to pay 25 dollars to send him some from here:roflwhich will now be more with the 30% postage increase.
  7. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    07:29
    Which strategy for Gonçalves?
    Deposed from his place as leader yesterday and lagging 2'05'' behind the Australian's KTM, Paulo Gonçalves starts the day behind his direct rival for victory. The official Honda rider is just as comfortable with navigation as Price, so what will his tactics be? Following the tracks or taking the initiative? Watch this space…

07:25
    Price gets to grips with the special
    Toby Price (KTM), yesterday's winner, has set out onto the day's special. On a stage where off-track riding will be predominant, it remains to be seen whether opening the way will be an advantage for the Australian. For stage 9, 105 bikes and 35 quads have been authorised to start.

07:22
    It is going to be hot!
    Although the very least that can be said about the weather so far is that it has been inclement and difficult, the day's stage should be contested in the sunshine. However, this will not help the competitors as the tackle the dunes. With ambient temperatures of between 36 to 38 degrees, the slightest effort to dig a vehicle out of the sand will turn into a trial of strength.
    gagnaou likes this.
  8. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    It's a bit clonky ..the dakar site...but i spose it helps keep your nerves high so can practice calming them down for future dakar efforts.
    the greater plan and so on...
  9. wasabi46

wasabi46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As long as he hasnt hurt his finger he should be fine...
    :D
    garfey, too old and Rato Molhado like this.
  10. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    A Herculean effort!

Although I'm surprised he mentioned his 'assistance team' in the middle of a stage (neutralised section)? - presumably he means he was able to call them on the phone and get advice or something? Not strictly allowed in the rules of course, but we know it happens - especially in South America where there is reasonable cell-phone coverage.

Jx
  11. Rato Molhado

Rato Molhado Psiconauta del inconsciente

Oddometer:
    TP through WP1
  12. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    HRC better have rebuilt every bit of Goncalves bike.
    If he doesn't finish because of that digital motorcycle, they should all be transferred to Honda Jazz development project.

Gonc: +00:02:03 to Price.
    chasbo, garfey, homerj and 3 others like this.
  13. rider911

rider911 Shortcut Navigator

Oddometer:
    might be interesting to watch the cars at positions 15, 16, 17
  14. rider911

rider911 Shortcut Navigator

Oddometer:
    TP 2 min on Speedy Nice work!
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  15. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    It seems he's looking to take over from JBB - well, on the strategy aspects! :D
    wasabi46 likes this.
  16. Tomas Kocanda

Tomas Kocanda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stefan Svitko 2nd on WP1, great!
    dooby and Rato Molhado like this.
  17. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    That didn't take long for a tracking f*** up!
  18. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    4- 5 hours long ?
  19. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    So:
    Tuesday Gonçalves wins 3' to Price, gets back to top the overall with a 55" lead.
    Wednesday, the opposite
    Thursday, Gonçalves leading again
    Friday, Price 1st overall
    Saturday Gonçalves has 180 km to reel him in. :clap :clap :clap It's gonna be fine... :D

Now don't any other rider dare to disturb my cunning plan by slotting in between these two!!!

EDIT :Never mind! I was reading it -02:03!!! I guess Speedy mught be sore, after all!
  20. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    Repost from Billy Geddes Instagram!
    Toby : "Can I go fast now?"
    Team Red Bull : " Not yet mate"
    Toby: " how bout now"?
    Team red bull : " na just chill for a bit mate" Toby: " now can I go fast?" Team Red Bull : "Yea alright mate" Braaaaaarp!!! Toby started over 3 mins behind now is over 5 mins in front of Goncalves. Atta boy @tobyprice87 !!! Good hustle brus.

:photog