2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite

That is a team wanting to win.. MR DAKAR WILL prevail !!!
  2. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Laia FB

Hard day for me after several problems, but this is the Dakar. Some days everything goes right and others wrong.
  3. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quotes from HRCs press release from yesterday - now I'm not an engineer or mechanic but I was puzzled by how you could adjust the compression to make a dead bike run again - perhaps Gonk borrowed some compression from Metge's bike overnight ? :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
  4. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

:lol3:thumb Sounds like a fair thing. As good as any other right now eh. Thanks Troy.
  5. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    Yeah, i had a bluey and my parents had 3 reds . The reds are hit and miss. If ya get a good one clone it , cause thats possible now.
    They hold the world record for oldest dog at 28 years ....

Yes yes i hear the crys. ok ok its a Dakar site sorry
    Back on track .i think TP is part blue healer treating the rest of the pack like sheep all over em.
    Go you good thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    Its a GORDINI not a Hummer !
  7. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm not sure how you'd adjust the compression to make it go either. Something lost in translation maybe:confused:dunno:augie
    Tee Dee Mmm likes this.
  8. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    Best Photo yet...

Have not seen any photos of Robbies bad ass support rig driven by Randy..
  9. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    GONK's magical 39 minute 56 second penlty? Why cont'd.

If it does have to do with the " derived stage time" from SS9 and the Clerk of Course has appled it "after the fact" then the penalty column is the only place it can be debited, given that once the provisional stage results have been made FINAL by the stewards, they cannot go back and be ammended. The "penalty" is then just brought forward and noted in the FIM penalty summary under whatever article it refers to.
    JMo (& piglet) and ArthDuro like this.
  10. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Little computations:

Local ARG time is 20:58. Right most column in this "table" is the ETA based on their WP5 times. WP3 and Wp2 obviously are going to have a real rough time of it. We can see who is late and who just hasn't come in yet. Ostensibly.

WP5

- -35 039 - MILAN ENGEL(CZE) 15:18:43
    - -88 145 - CARROLL GITTERE(USA) 18:15:25
    - -16 018 - ALESSANDRO BOTTURI(ITA) 18:23:05
    - -84 149 - SIMON MARCIC(SVN) 19:52:01
    - -95 141 - ERIC DUHAMEL(FRA) 20:35:14
    - -100 116 - CHRISTOPHER CORK(GBR) 21:31:10
    - -97 111 - SYLVAIN ESPINASSE(FRA) 22:16:08

WP3

- -15 030 - XAVIER DE SOULTRAIT(FRA)
    - -54 115 - CRISTIAN ESPANA MUNOZ(AND)
    WP2

2:00:00
    - -93 065 - CARLO VELLUTINO(PER)
    - -94 146 - GUILLERMO JULIAN(ARG)
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  11. AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader Long timer

Oddometer:
    They said the piston was OK. Might have replaced the rings and possibly the cylinder. Yeah, kind of strange that Metge's bike suddenly wouldn't start. :lol3
    Tee Dee Mmm likes this.
  12. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    which as was mentioned earlier today, when we should expect to see it. The evening after.
    SloDon and ArthDuro like this.
  13. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    kaching.!!! :D:D:D

goldstar for beechy :clap

beechum1 likes this.
  15. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Easy. You replace the bent valves with straight ones from your mates bike. Which means his ain't gunna start in the morning..... :lol3
  16. lurkin

lurkin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep,that’d be my guess ( guess the main word there:lol3) Extra hot motor = stuffed exhaust valves ??
  17. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Laia's blog

Step 10: Laia Sanz lives his hardest day
    Created: January 13, 2016
    One problem with the radiator water slows the pilot KH-7 and the KTM Rally Factory Team for over an hour.After last minute changes in the classification of the ninth stage and setbacks in the tenth, the pluricampeona down to 16th place, two hours of top 10."I'm very angry because what happened today was a day to finish in the top ten."
    E10 Dakar16
    Laia 1In Dakar there is always a bad day. It's a phrase that sounds like a cliché and that many drivers have signed in the 38 editions of the Dakar, but today is fully consistent with the reality that he lives Laia Sanz. The KH-7 has suffered mechanical mishaps during the tenth special delayed since the 40th day, a 1h 34'29 "behind the winner, Stefan Svitko. In the overall standings, falls to 16th place in 3h 29 '36'.
    Laia Sanz difficulties began at kilometer 30 of the stage, when I started to have problems with water in the radiator. From there, the stage has become an ordeal for the Spanish pluricampeona, which has been forced to shoot at low speed because the engine temperature rose too, until 40 kilometers from the finish was able to fix it."
    For 100 kilometers I had to go stopping to put water and could not run. It was very hard because the wear and nerves was very high. I knew I was losing a lot of time and today had to be my day," explained Laia his finishing position.
    The KH-7 this tenth stage expected as rain in May, after a first part of Dakar marked by speed and a distance of little technical difficulty. "I'm really angry what has happened because today there was a lot of navigation and sand, which is what I needed to make a good step. I have found several drivers face many have been lost, but I was fine, except a fall that I had no consequences. It was a day to make the top ten and get 11 or 12 overall, but has not been. It only remains to look forward and keep fighting, "he resigns the 9th ranked Dakar 2015.
    In fact, the day started badly for pilot KH-7 and the KTM Rally Factory Team, when he received the news of the changes in the classification of the ninth stage that made the race direction at night. Like the vast majority of riders, Laia remained blocked at CP2 without the organization let him go, although a dozen motorcycles could complete the course. Given the situation, it was decided in the first instance to validate times CP2 and suspend the rest of the stage, as was done in the seventh stage by the overflow of a river.
    However, at night the criterion was changed and the time taken until the end of the tour. To those who were blocked at CP2 they gave their time to that point plus the time invested the last of the pilots finishers between CP2 and the end of the tour. That has prompted protest Laia Sanz, upset and aggrieved by the decision.. "I'm very disappointed with the results they have finally put us we were not allowed to finish the special was going 13 to 13 minutes top 10 with the results of CP2 ( where we stopped), but with the decisions of the offices I found 50 minutes from the tenth. I do not agree. "
    This difference with the top 10 has been increased today at 2h 07'41 "keeping now with the French Adrien Van Beveren. The good news for Barcelona is that it is a minute and a half of the 15th (Mario Patrão) and less 10 minutes from the 13th (Emanuel Gyenes).
  18. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    TB twitter link

PRICE MAINTAINS STRONG LEAD
    [​IMG]

KTM’s Toby Price continues to hold a firm lead at the 2016 Dakar Rally, remaining over 20 minutes ahead of the pack at the completion of Stage 10.

Price battled the intense off-piste racing over some of Dakar’s most scorching dunes.

Today was just a lot of sand dunes, a few little river beds and about 95% off-track, so really had to make sure we stayed on the ball with the road book,” Price said.

[​IMG]

Price has continuously excelled in his navigational skills throughout the Rally, improving at each stage.

We lead out on the stage today and had two guys behind me that caught me on the special but they sat behind me and followed off my navigation,” Price said.

Really difficult navigation, backed it off a little bit to make sure we didn’t make any mistakes. We’ve hit all our waypoints with all the arrows open, so everytime I see them open I have a pretty big smile on my face.”

[​IMG]

The KTM Rider will begin 23’12” ahead for the Stage 11 sand trek from La Rioja to San Juan.

“Trying our best to keep this position at the front and hopefully stay in this position by the end of the week,” Price said.

Price is sitting in a prime position as a favourite to take out the Dakar Rally title.

We are doing a good job at the moment but in saying that it can all change at the last minute,” Price said.
    cheekorollo likes this.
  19. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    f5 satire... at the expense of HRC

I thought it the HRC journo's had defined it as an "electrical problem"...? :dunno

(one of the valves poked a hole through the CDI box?) :1drink
  20. Tomas Kocanda

Tomas Kocanda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some late update from our country riders...

Milan Engel was on very nice 17th place all the day, finished about 20km from end of the stage with broken engine and was waiting for his team mate - Jan Vesely.
    Jan had horrible day - trying to find waypoint on 32. km several hours, then been hit by car on some CP, his bike stopped and he discovered that lost somewhere all tools and finally when arrived to the place where was waiting Milan Engel, they tried to tow him about 50m and realised, that it´s not possible due to soft sand. Tried also some quad with the same result. Honza is now on the way to bivouac as he has lot of work on it. He is in Marathon category by the way and even when he can use mechanic, he does all the work alone.
    yardracer likes this.