2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    says 7:30 for bikes and quads, and 9:27 for cars and trucks.
    beechum1 likes this.
  2. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Years past they did, this year not so much. He usually updates FB when gets in (Corky), havent seen anything yet
    yardracer likes this.
  3. Iron Horse

Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer:
    Do not like... :bluduh
  4. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    TOMORROW
    [​IMG]

1st start (GMT-3) : 7:00 AM
    the day's route - stage 11

Time for an
    attack

The level of difficulty remains the same, but variety will favour the most flexible of drivers and teams. Sand in all its forms will feature, particularly fesh-fesh, the most volatile and heavy kind, which demands both dexterity and patience. But speed will also be an advantage in other, straighter sections, featuring gravel and pebbles. Opportunities will be few and far between, but there is still time to shake up the standings, since the terrain will be favourable to creating significant gaps.

La Rioja > San Juan
    Distance
    Car
    Truck
    Bike
    Quad
    connection
    Distance

281 km
    281 km
    281 km
    281 km
    special stage
    Distance

431 km
    431 km
    431 km
    431 km

Car/Bike/Truck/Quad
    • Map

[​IMG]

Car/Bike/Truck/Quad

[​IMG]

Rato Molhado and sick_boy like this.
  5. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

RM/ From Previous
    DSS 0
    WP1 47.2 47.2
    WP2 105.1 57.9
    WP3 136.2 31.2
    WP4/CP1 168.3 32.1
    WP5 198.6 30.3
    WP6 234.2 35.6
    WP7/CP2/Fuel 250.2 16.0
    WP8 314.3 64.1
    CP3 355.3 41.0
    WP9/CP4? 397.2 41.9
    ASS 431.0 33.8
    yardracer and sick_boy like this.
  6. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    This seems to be saying she lost like 40 minutes, just because of how they stopped the scoring.
    I Don't like it either.
    Iron Horse and yardracer like this.
  7. beechum1

Oddometer:

Waiting to hear Nick Harris....
  8. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    I was seeing that too and stressing. Last of our team to come in for the night.
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  9. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Deadly99 and yardracer like this.
  10. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Rato Molhado and Deadly99 like this.
  11. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    When I spoke to Scott earlier he said it was going to be a late night and no time to call in with updates. Internet was very poor too. So I wont' hear on Corky until tomorrow which usually isn't until they get to the next bivy and set up with our time difference. They get up and move by 4-5 am Dakar time..... - 1-2 am my time. :(
    K_N_Fodder likes this.
  12. beechum1

Oddometer:
  13. beechum1

Oddometer:
  14. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Dakar Press Team FB

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leon Jansen added 5 new photos — with Ran Hendriks and Andre Thewessen.
    39 mins ·
    Tijdens de rustdag in Salta hebben we de remmen van onze Amarok aan de voorzijde vervangen. De dag erna direct remmen inclusief behuizing voor de achter remmen ...

See More
    During the day of rest in salta, we have the brakes of our amarok on the front replaced. The next day directly brakes including housing for the rear brakes bought at a local vw dealer. With half the braking force then drove on the internship, towards the pass place of hr productions, where we were spontaneously help of André Thewessen and Isaac Schouten. The Gentlemen had fun though in order to replace our brakes! Just great!
    Translated from Dutch
  15. beechum1

Oddometer:

Everyone wants to know what's happening tomorrow, where will the 11th stage pass through? It will be La Rioja to San Juan, alot of sand alot of fesh fesh, also straights, some (rip rap, look it up) and rocks, beautiful parts, 431KM of SS for all the categories. 281KM of link. First bike expected at 1300 (GMT-3). (part of town called) Jaran de Octavo (I think he said) To the beautiful mountains of Talampaya, Hills of Fertile valley, Jachal River. We will surely have gorgeous landscapes tomorrow.
    rickmdz, Rato Molhado and yardracer like this.
  16. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    A dream hatched in Vic comes true in Rosario for Marc Solà

There is still lots of space left on his CV, but a 23rd place at the last Rallye du Maroc and a 3rd place at the Baja Aragón earned him the right to play with the big boys at the Dakar. The young rider from Vic has no regrets.

• [​IMG]
    Back in his region, everyone seems to end up dabbling in motor sports sooner or later. In Vic, Catalonia, one can never be far from Juan Manuel González "Pedregá", Jordi Arcarons, Nani Roma, Marc Coma and many others. Marc Solà has a humble objective: to learn and discover the Dakar, a race he has long dreamt about. The lanky rookie, a protégé of the Catalan rally raid elite, is spellbound by the rally. Even a heavy fall during the second day of the marathon stage between Salta and La Rioja left him unfazed. "I fell hard this afternoon. I hit a large stone. It happened about 40 km before the refuelling zone neutralisation. My right foot hurts like crazy…" No pain, no gain. Anecdotes are also a source of experience. The first part, raced on Tuesday, showed him just how fast things can change: "I had a problem with my tank. I mended it as well as I could, but I ran out of petrol just 12 kilometres before the end of the special. I asked passing riders for help. Cristian España, from Andorra, stopped to help!" The sheer amount of navigation he faced in the second part, which he completed on Wednesday afternoon, showed him a whole new world of adaptation and focus, as well as struggling when the trucks plough up the tracks or the drainage channels. "But I'm having the time of my life", he smiles.
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  17. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Yamaha Racing

2016 Dakar: Mixed Results for Yamaha's Riders as They Battle the Fiambalá Dunes
    In today's tenth Dakar stage the Yamaha riders left Belén’s isolated bivouac to complete the last half of the second marathon stage, which saw mixed results. Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team’s Hélder Rodrigues did well on the route to La Rioja through the famous and redoubtable Fiambala dunes and crossed the finish line in seventh position, whilst teammate Alessandro Botturi faced some difficulties on the track, ultimately resulting in a DNF. Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Team's Adrien Van Beveren achieved his goal and ended up within the top-9 of the stage results. His fellow Junior rider, Xavier De Soultrait was not so lucky and was forced to withdraw from today's stage.

The tenth stage of the Dakar Rally was characterised by its unusual starting order, mixing the leaders of each category; motorbikes, quads, cars and trucks set off together for the first time in Dakar history. The new format made the rally's spectacle even bigger and added one more difficulty for the riders, who had to make their way on unfamiliar tracks alongside competitors they never race against and usually only meet in the bivouac.

Because of the previous day's storms, the stage departure was delayed to later in the morning and the arrival was relocated to a point thirty kilometres before the initial finish line due to a rio being flooded 244 kilometres into the stage, preventing any Dakar participants from passing.

Another challenge that the riders faced today was the essential need to preserve the machines through off-piste desert route, dunes and altitude to complete this last steps in the Dakar competition before setting out for Rosario in the final stage.

Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team's rider Rodrigues was one of today's front-runners and did well to sign off today's stage in sixth position. Despite suffering minor injuries after his fall in yesterday's marathon stage, he gave his all to keep his ranking position whilst minimising the gap to the race leaders; he is still seventh on the overall timesheet.

Teammate Botturi had a more difficult time on the tenth special, as he ran into some issues caused by the heat in the dunes. He was unable to reach La Rioja's bivouac and had to drop out of the competition.

Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Team's Van Beveren stood out on the leading board and once again confirmed his great performance as "Dakar rookie". He completed today's stage well, avoiding mistakes and preserving his bike to get to the finish of the shortened special in ninth position. Yamaha is glad to have the junior realising performances that exceed their already high expectations for his first Dakar Rally participation. Van Beveren currently holds tenth in the overall classification.

After an encouraging result on yesterday's stage, fellow junior rider Xavier De Soultrait found himself in a delicate situation on the tenth stage. He lost a filling plug, which resulted in technical difficulties. Despite his best efforts and positive energy, the Frenchman was forced to withdraw from the stage. It's the end of this year's Dakar adventure for De Soultrait but not his last; the junior already promised to come back stronger next year.

In the quad category, the Patronelli family adjusted their tempo and were beaten by their rival of the day, the South-African Baragwanath. Marcos and Alejandro completed a safe race and kept everything under control to rank in second and third position on the stage. The brothers stay on course as 2016 Dakar's leaders: Marcos ranks first with one minute and thirty seconds over Alejandro in second place. They are both in a comfortable situation with a one hour thirty four minutes gap to their rival, the Argentinian Jeremias Ferioli Gonzalez, who is also competing on a Yamaha Raptor 700.

Tomorrow the difficulty will remain the same as the riders venture out on a terrain made of sand and heavy fesh-fesh. Dexterity, patience and speed will be the watchwords of the upcoming eleventh stage.

To track the Yamaha's riders during tomorrow's eleventh stage, click HERE.

Additionally, you can follow Yamaha's progress in the Dakar Rally HERE and click HERE for more imagery of Dakar 2016.

[​IMG]
    Hélder Rodrigues, Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team
    7th / +00:12:01, 6th / +00:56:17
    "I had great pleasure riding my WR450F Rally in the dunes. Yamaha's crew did a good job as the bike made the distance from yesterday's marathon stage in Belén to today's arrival in La Rioja. It was hard for me today, I completed the race with much pain due to my fall in yesterday's stage. I will take care of this injury and rest tonight; there are a few more stages to complete and everything could happen in those last Dakar stages. I am 100 per cent focused and confident for the finish."

[​IMG]
    Alessandro Botturi, Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team
    "It's difficult to accept but the race is over for me. I had a hard time on the Dakar, especially because of the wrist injury I was suffering from in the competition, but I kept fighting to carry Hélder Rodrigues to the end, but I got stopped on today's Fiambala dunes, where I encountered a technical problem. There was nothing I could do to fix it, which is the rule on the Dakar and I knew it could happen. I'm thankful for Yamaha's support this year again. I count on a comeback next year."

[​IMG]
    Adrien Van Beveren, Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Team
    9th / +00:18:01, 10th / +01:21:55
    "The last two days were tough and exhausting! But I am glad I joined La Rioja's bivouac with my WR450F Rally in good shape. This second week on the Dakar, the stages are mainly focused on navigation, with typical rally-raid routes, and all I wanted was to avoid mistakes and cross the finish line. I'm focused on this goal and I won't give up until Rosario. At the same time I have the satisfaction of getting good results. I'm really enjoying Dakar so far."

[​IMG]
    Xavier De Soultrait, Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Team
    "It is obvious that I'm disappointed; I had a hard time this year on the Dakar. I made a bad start to the Prologue and had to double my efforts stage after stage to climb up in the classification. Yesterday I was really happy with my result and I thought I was on route for a good finish in Rosario… Ultimately I had to give up on the stage today, as I ran into some technical issues that I was not able to fix myself. It's a sad turn of events but it is the Dakar Rally, the toughest race of the world. I would like to thank Yamaha for their support on this year's Dakar journey. I will be back stronger next year."
    beechum1 likes this.
  18. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Sweet baby Jesus :eekers
  19. Rato Molhado

Rato Molhado Psiconauta del inconsciente

Oddometer:
    Rather good :thumb Besides, Talampaya is one of my awe inspiring favourites places of my country :nod
    Iron Horse, Lobster Grrl and rickmdz like this.
  20. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't think he can help.

Sheesh........!:waysad
    London and yardracer like this.