2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. athens01

athens01 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but for historical comparisons sake don't forget ye olde Dakar of Africa days was run in the winter of the northern hemisphere. El nuevo Dakar is being run in the summer, so peoples memories seem to forget that a race in the extreme hottest park of the year for Argentina is being held up againsy a memory of a race that happened during the mildest temps of North Africa (exception of 1992 when they went to Cape Town) I'm no meterologist and someone can certainly look up some temps. But if Sabine had really wanted to make the Dakar as tough as possibke he would had scheduled departure in say July from Paris so everyone had to race through North Africa in the summer. But if he had done that it might have been considered foolish. I'm just saying that the heat of Argentina in the summer may be more extreme than the heat of North Africa during the winter and that its just possible they ran the race in the winter to be sensible to the competitor's health.
  2. sick_boy

sick_boy I follow you.

Oddometer:
    Pablo Quintanilla

Creo que hoy ha sido una de las etapas más duras del Dakar, con muchos peligros, piso roto y mucho calor. Estuve los últimos 100 kms de la especial casi sin freno trasero, ya que se calentó por la temperatura, con lo que perdí tiempo y parte de mi concentración. Mañana se viene una larga etapa, en la cual espero poder recuperarme y seguir mi lucha por el podio. Ya quedan solo dos días de carrera, pero todo puede pasar, así es el rally. Muy agradecido de la energía positiva y del apoyo de cada uno de ustedes. A luchar hasta el último kilómetro!!!

@mundocopec @ride100percent @husqvarna1903 @rockstarenergy @ctikneebraces @scorpionexo ‪#‎abastible‬ ‪#‎clc‬ ‪#‎epysa‬ ‪#‎transportesartisa‬

I think that today has been one of the hardest stages of the dakar, with many dangers, floor broken and a lot of heat. I've been the last 100 kms of the particular almost without rear brake, since it warmed up by the temperature, with what I lost time and a part of my concentration. Tomorrow comes a long phase, in which I hope to be able to recover and continue my fight for the podium. There are only two days of career, but anything can happen, that's the way the rally. Very grateful for the positive energy and the support of each and every one of you. To fight until the last mile!!!

@mundocopec @ride100percent @husqvarna1903 @rockstarenergy @ctikneebraces @scorpionexo ‪#‎abastible‬ ‪#‎clc‬ ‪#‎epysa‬‪#‎transportesartisa‬
    Translated from Spanish

[​IMG]
  3. dickosaurus

dickosaurus Geezer Coalition Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess I have some empathy for the orga in that, after trying to put together an enduro with 80 or 100 miles of trail that won't have the short course guys griping because it's too hard and the long course guys griping because it's not tough or long enough to give them the challenge they need to separate themselves from the 'not so tough', I find this event daunting at best. And, as I understand it, Chile bailed out late in the game, mainly because of 'el nino', which couldn't have been predicted to be this bad, leaving the orga scrambling to replace those tracks with what they had available. They've put together a roughly 6,000 mile race across international borders and had an awful lot of monkey wrenches get thrown into the works,,,,, and it's still been pretty stinking good.
    If I had any sense, I would have posted this under an assumed name.
  4. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    A VB.…with a VB chaser.
    Or if you're really sophisticated, a Bundy & coke.
    Sledge007 likes this.
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Well that's that. What was awesome up until 12 months ago is no longer awesome.

What a shame.

The ultimate test of man and machine is no longer.

Total BS

:cry
    Uller, Enduro10, chasbo and 5 others like this.
  6. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Lighten up Francis you'll be sadder in a few days when it's over and your have to wait another 12 months till it's on again :D
    Don't worry they'll fix it, have faith !
    New_Folder, wasabi46, gagnaou and 7 others like this.
  7. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    I disagree. It's betraying what the race used to be. They should make a new race and put the Dakar to rest so it can be remembered for what it used to entail; not the watered down version it's becoming.

It's not supposed to be easy it's supposed to be a grueling test of human ability, intellect, and machine.
  8. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:

Husqvarna-supported Jacopo Cerutti continues to impress in his first Dakar ride!

[​IMG]
    yardracer and Rato Molhado like this.
  9. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Stage 11 Summary - Car/Bike - (La Rioja / San Juan)
    yardracer and sick_boy like this.
  10. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    tehdutchie, zack05, Carlos M and 2 others like this.
  11. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    You whinner!

I have hope in that, certainly a lot to chew on for the Orga. And that is the truest statement of all, I'll miss it next week!
    Rato Molhado and 640 Armageddon like this.
  12. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Stage / Etapa / Etape 11 - Top moment - (La Rioja / San Juan)
    sick_boy likes this.
  13. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Stage 11 - Inside Dakar 2016 - LAIA

for the Laia F5anclub.
    Sledge007, yardracer, chasbo and 11 others like this.
  14. Boondoggle

Boondoggle no good deed

Oddometer:
    so, uh, anybody heard from Corky?
  15. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    I have been without cell service and internet today. So no forum or team texts or calls - where is CORKY? Anyone know?
  16. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    do I read something between the lines, oohh, hhhee, before you go and take some quality time again, like last Saturday.

BOYS and GIRLS

it is

Snowballing " F5esh F5esh " bucket time.

apparently soon this year, TSC gave the hint.

" WE "

want to thank you, TROY for your input in this DAKAR and keeping us on track.

And we have a gift for next year, a new Avatar.

[​IMG]

So, BOYS and GIRLS

Let's TROY snowballing begin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks TROY

Myway
    :jack

To all of you thanks.
  17. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    I was just about to PM you and ask the same thing...

Not looking good.

Jx
  18. Anders F

Anders F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What do you mean?
  19. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Thing is ASO failed.

They shoukd have cancelled the event if they couldnt put a "Dakar" route together. Week one was not a Dakar route.

They should have had the means to help riders who want help, leaving the riders to decide for themselves if they want to attempt to finish a stage. Not decide for them because they screwed up and didnt have the resources to let the stages play out.

Flooded rivers I understand. They rest is just a failure on the part of the organizers.

The Dakar wasn't just another race, it was an event where most fail, the one's who succeeded did so because of proper preparation and sheer will power. Take away the right to choose to battle the elements, the terrain, the challenge and you've destroyed what made the Dakar so unique.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that the ASO screwed up so many times that this wasnt a "Dakar".
    Uller, homerj, neduro and 9 others like this.
  20. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:

:spam