2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    WOW! A WHOLE STAGE TODAY! :clap

:hide
    Uller, garfey, chasbo and 7 others like this.
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    I didn't see him :lol3
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    -
    ANTOINE
    MEO

“It was one hell of a crash”

[​IMG]“There's one stage left, right? Ah, I didn't dream it. I don't remember anything, just the Iritrack buzzing to call me after the fall. I know that I went to look for a way point at one moment. I'd lost time and was riding with Toby... is that right? It's a pain in the arse. It was one hell of a crash. I'm hurting everywhere, my hand, my neck, my head… everything except my arse!”
    garfey, too old, rides2little and 6 others like this.
  4. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    What the hell?! - Helder is showing a 5 minute penalty on the overall - dropping him to 5th behind Benavides???

edit. He had 2 mins of course, but he's been given 3 today for something?

3rd overall looks unlikely now... or are they just making this crap up now to keep the interest up?

Jx
    yardracer likes this.
  5. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    If I was coma, I'd pull out a tough stage tomorrow. Nomas por puto.
  6. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    El francés rodaba por el kilómetro 290 de la especial de hoy cuando sufrió una caída que dañó su moto. Para revisar los daños, Duclos se quitó el casco y cuando ya estaba preparado para retomar la marcha se encontró con que había desaparecido.

La broma, de algún amigo de lo ajeno que se encontraba en las proximidades, le ha costado más de una hora de retraso, ya que la organización prohíbe terminantemente circular sin casco. La mala conciencia debió perseguir al caco porque el francés pudo retomar la marcha. Una anécdota curiosa, sin duda.

http://www.marca.com/motor/dakar/2016/01/15/569958cc22601df4268b461f.html
    Bad translation;
    El French rolled on the 290 km of the Special today when suffered a fall that damaged his bike. To check the damage, Duclos took off his helmet and when he was ready to resume the March met with had gone.

The joke, a friend of the alien who was in the vicinity, it has cost him more than one hour late, since the Organization prohibits strictly circular without a helmet. The bad conscience should prosecute caco because French was able to resume the March. A curious anecdote, no doubt

[​IMG]
  7. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    El Rally Dakar es una competencia exigente en la que el terreno puede jugarle una mala pasada a los pilotos más experimentados. Pero también pueden verse perjudicados por otras situaciones, como la que le ocurrió este viernes, en la penúltima etapa de la competencia, al francés Alain Duclos. Al piloto le robaron el casco cuando se lo quitó para levantar su moto luego de una caída en el kilómetro 290 y estuvo fuera de competencia por una hora. Afortunadamente, reapareció y logró continuar en carrera.

La información la dio a conocer la organización a través de su web: “Alain Duclos, vigésimo en la clasificación general, acaba de sufrir un contratiempo bastante particular. El piloto francés, tras una pequeña caída, se quitaba el casco para preparar su moto para volver a reanudar la carrera. Cuando ha querido arrancar, ¡su casco había desaparecido! El piloto de Sherco se encuentra, por tanto, parado al bordo de la pista cerca del kilómetro 290 y espera encontrar pronto una solución… ¿Pero cómo? Sin casco no puede reanudar la carrera por razones obvias de seguridad”.

Mucha gente, entonces, utilizó Twitter para extender el pedido y que aquel que lo había robado se lo devolviera o alguien le alcanzara uno para seguir. El rezo fue escuchado y, después de una hora, Duclos volvió a estar en carrera, ya que pasó el WP8 en el puesto 67 y luego también apareció en el WP9. Claro que el contratiempo le costará posiciones en la general.

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/daka...tencia_0_1504649881.html#link_time=1452885041

The Dakar Rally is a demanding competition in the field can play a trick to the most experienced pilots. But they can also be adversely affected by other situations, as happened Friday in the penultimate stage of the competition, the Frenchman Alain Duclos. The pilot stole a helmet when he took it off to raise his motorcycle after a fall at kilometer 290 and was out of competition for one hour. Fortunately, he reappeared and managed to continue the race.The information was released by the organization through its website: "Alain Duclos, twenty in the overall standings, just had a very particular setback. The French driver, after a small fall, took off his helmet to prepare your bike to return to resume the race. When you wanted to start, his helmet was gone! The Sherco rider is therefore stopped by the crew of the track near the 290 kilometer and hopes to find a solution ... But how? No helmet can not resume the race for obvious security reasons. "

Many people then used Twitter to extend the petition and who had stolen it returned achieve one or someone to follow. The prayer was heard and, after an hour, Duclos returned to be in the race, as he spent the WP8 in the 67th and then also appeared in the WP9. Of course, the setback will cost positions overall.
  8. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    “I tried to push and take fifth place”

[​IMG]“For me it was a great day. I tried to push and to fight a little bit. I had a better second week. On my first week I was sick. At the beginning of this week I took out my shoulder, but now I am okay. Today I could push. I was riding a lot, having a lot of fun, passing Toby and Meo. It was fine, really nice, a really nice day for me. I was riding fast and safely. For me it's good and for Yamaha it is very good to win this day. I tried to push a bit and take the fifth place in the overall ranking. But the important thing today was to ride fast and safely."
    Carlos M and sick_boy like this.
  9. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    A joke? A JOKE???

I imagine that is now an ex-friend...

Jx
    640 Armageddon and yardracer like this.
  10. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    good to see the "stragglers" are moving on to their next way points, too :clap:clap:clap
    garfey likes this.
  11. wasabi46

wasabi46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where are you seeing this ?
  12. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    In the General Rankings
    wasabi46 likes this.
  13. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    And here 3 minutes
  14. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Maybe there was something in this after all - thought the FZ was where it wasn't or something?

Huge shame if so...

Jx
    rickmdz likes this.
  15. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    "La broma" is spanish for electrical problem.
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  16. wasabi46

wasabi46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The speed penalties are usually handed in the morning, I think. In a couple of weeks we will finaly now what these are all about.

Lousy job by the org, fed up of these this year
    yardracer likes this.
  17. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Maybe Husky saw him leave the refuel on the wrong side of the cone or something...

Jx
  18. rickmdz

rickmdz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bad translation, "amigo de lo ajeno" (friend of someone else belongins) is an euphemism for thief, the "joke" is an ironic tone coment....
  19. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 16' double-axle flatbed, too. :deal
    yardracer and stuckthrottle like this.
  20. griesgram999

griesgram999 grmpf

Oddometer:
    144 - OSWALDO BURGA(PER)
    seems to be the last bike on track
    Go Oswaldo goooo!

Nope, I'm not asking: Where's Oswaldo
    yardracer, Deadly99 and Rato Molhado like this.