2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well done to Toby Price and all the other entrants\competitors in this 2016 Dakar.
    Now Toby please feel to say , WE did it!
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Carlos M and Rato Molhado like this.
  3. klatelm

klatelm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    kaia the winner here thanks for the photos
  4. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
    Rato Molhado and 640 Armageddon like this.
  5. BabyBeemer

BabyBeemer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At the risk of getting my head bitten off, I think the environmental issue is a major challenge that has to be faced. I could make a case for bikes and quads and perhaps the cars. I can't make a case for the trucks racing off road across areas that are environmentally sensitive.

Just based on my own country, there are areas that appear to be vast tracts of nothing, with occasional vegetation, but these are also the home to various species of native animals and vegetation.

The reason that the amateur motorbike rider, horse rider or hiker likes these types of areas is because of the isolation, difficulty and beauty. We need to preserve them so that our children and their children shall have the same opportunity.

It's in the best interests of these events to get on the front foot and acknowledge these issues and find a solution, in order to secure the survival of the event in the future :)
  6. Vince

Vince Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your kidding right , time and place. Well done Toby, great result
  7. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    Next years Dakar will be held in Holland, only e-bikes are allowed, all stages will be 40km in length max. and the first 100 placed riders will be on a KTM (Freeride E)

Until 2017, I am off to have a beer
  8. barrier

barrier Says who?

Oddometer:
    Owen, (pebble) I see you nuked your post, need a little more sleep?
  9. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    Meanwhile, in Manny's tent...
  10. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    Congratulations Toby, the whole of Australia is stoked, bummer for Paulo but he is indestructible and will return.
    Had to ride the armchair today and dream, if only I was good enough to compete I would remortgage the house in a heart beat.
    Instead we have to live the dream vicariously through our heroes.
    I have utmost envy and respect for those at the level that allows them to compete.
    Thanks to all the contributors for the great insight into the world that is "C'est Dakar".
    Without the enthusiasm and passion it would be just another race.

[​IMG]
  11. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS to TOBY PRICE - #1 2016 DAKAR RALLY
    - from the ADVRider Ozi forum / F5 cheersquad :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

ferals5, El Ponkin, Enduro10 and 2 others like this.
  12. Anders F

Anders F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great to be part of this again this year, thank you all! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
    And congratulations Toby :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  13. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    Don't forget Laia, rides the longest stage of this Dakar with a broken collarbone and finished her 6th Dakar today :clap:clap:clap
  14. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for the great posting, hats off to Toby Price, an immaculate effort! A bit sad for the Italians that didn't make it, especially Botturi and Catanese, both out for mech problems... No words for Paolo Ceci... only the biggest applause for what he did for his team mates. Cerutti 12th, once again a big hurrah for our rookie. Manuel is MANNY! hope to congratulate personally with him and hear some first hand stories. Metelli and Toia just amazing :clap
  15. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Wow, congrats to Toby for orchestrating the win! :freaky
  16. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    motorsport.com

Dakar winner could take “months” to confirm after protest

The results of the Dakar Rally in the car category could take “months” to be confirmed, according to sporting director Marc Coma.
    Although Peugeot’s Stephane Peterhansel is heading towards a likely 12th career Dakar win, with a lead of 41 minutes overall with just Saturday’s final stage to go, the result will remain provisional due to the rival X-raid team’s protest after the eighth stage.

The controversy surrounds whether or not Peterhansel was permitted to refuel midway through the stage, with Peugeot boss Bruno Famin saying the refuelling point was listed in the roadbook, and X-raid chief Sven Quandt arguing this was only for bikes and quads.

Officials concluded that, because the rules were open to interpretation, that Peterhansel should not be penalised – a decision that has been contested by X-raid, whose appeal could take until March to process, according to Coma.

"Never before in the Dakar do I remember having a situation like this," commented rally director Etienne Lavigne.

Al-Attiyah resigned to second
    Were Peterhansel to be eventually penalised or disqualified, leading X-raid Mini driver Nasser Al-Attiyah would be the man to benefit – but the Qatari insists he is focused on securing second place.

"I will try to gain some time; we'll see what happens,” he told Motorsport.com. “We need to finish second, but we are in a good position for tomorrow.”

Commenting on Friday’s penultimate stage, he added: "It was a good stage for us with many hours of driving.

“It was not easy to open the road because the surface was complicated and decided not to take many risks during the special. It was important not to lose time and were close to Stephane.”

Al-Attiyah also said, with second overall looking safe, he would try to help teammate Mikko Hirvonen move up to third place at the expense of Toyota driver Giniel de Villiers.

“Mikko tried to beat de Villiers, this was something we talked about, so I had to push,” he said.

“It will be difficult to reach the podium for Mikko, but tomorrow is a different day and we’ll see what we can do.
  17. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    anybody know if the podium in gonna be on TVP???
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  18. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    I think that's the other ASO spectacle Tour de France

oops, 205
  19. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    Well, that was ridiculous to follow for two weeks. I'm going to need a long nap today and all I did was sit in front of a keyboard. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the thread!
    640 Armageddon and coak like this.
  20. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    Rato Molhado and yardracer like this.