2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. DaCat

DaCat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Many thanks to everyone who has made AVD Rider the place to be when Dakar is on. Your insight, opinions and experiences make it all the more interesting.

Unfortunately I couldn't follow the Dakar as closely this year, but I still came here every evening for the updates.

Well done to the competitors, true gladiators, much respect goes out to you.

Thanks for letting me hang out here :D
  2. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well over for another year - thanks to all the F5ers, its been a blast - now the anti-climax and the opportunity to read the ordinary news and other social media :D

Great win for Toby and KTM, the Privateers (KTM ) and Pablo, Husky (KTM) - all finishers (especially Shoestring) and all non finishers, even those who couldn't continue with a broken finger nails. - Its just as well the Spanish girls can ride and finish with broken shoulders! - and without saying, those who couldn't get there - Go Sam Go.

Will see the die hards in the Bivouac and the individual threads for Rally - starting with the ADDC early in April - Matthias won't make it, but all others who have the opportunity will.

Time for a brief rest - oh, and a wedding to squeeze in before the next event - wish me luck!

Cheers to all and well done to Tboy :D:thumb:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

PS - special thanks to Mischa, Baldy, Myway and even Troy and all the other Mods - thanks guys :killen
  3. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Left to Right:

#88 Jasper Riezebos / #84 Sjaak Martens / #34 Robert Van Pelt / #137 Rob Smits / #123 Maikel Verkade.

Jx
    SteveDennehy and Rato Molhado like this.
  4. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Wow. Drive a MINI do we Troy? ;o)

I know for a fact that ASO are at liberty to amend the rules as they see fit - and I stand by the assumption that if ASO allowed Peugeot to have a fuel dump at the [Moto] point in question, there there isn't much the FIA can do about it.

I appreciate your frustration with regard to making that provision public as they do seem to have had one rule for the French [Team] and one for everyone else, but it has been ever thus with ASO.

Jx
    keepshoveling and tehdutchie like this.
  5. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    And this is where all this gets very complicated. If a racer asks an official "can I do x?" and they say "Yep, you can" it's hard for the officials to start dishing out penalties for action x. Even if everyone at the table at the end of the rally knows "it was wrong" the secondary discussion comes down to who's fault it was.

At the appeals court it's going to be like this: "Wait, you guys TOLD them the could do this? *forehead smack* Gawddamit you guys! You should know better than that. Well, f, what are we gonna do with this now?"

A perfect analogy would be like coming up to an crash at an intersection. Two cars wrecked, police are there doing paperwork, everyone's ok. It's a four way light that's still operating, but there are cars in the middle of the intersection, and everything is all backed up.

You pull up, the police officer looks right at you, points at you, and says out loud, "Hey, you in the white truck, go on ahead" and then waves you through the intersection.

Then on the other side of the intersection, Officer Number 2 gives you a ticket for driving through a red light.

"But! But! They TOLD me to go ahead!!!"
    "You know the rules son, you can't drive through a red light."

And that's where we are now. The side issue is that it seems that Officer Number 2 never pulls you over if you're French. ;)

Anders
  6. B-Rod

B-Rod RubberNecker

Oddometer:
    I always hoped to see him on the top spot.

Awesome for Toby!

Gotta feel for Gonk. He's a fighter, but deserves a better chance. Some real solid performances in all categories. Mikko almost made a top spot, Loeb kicked some ass until he couldn't anymore, Villagra did incredible, for being a good rally driver, 'meh' in the WRC, he kicked ass in the truck. Congrats to DeRooy. Appears to be a top tier gent.
    homerj and Rato Molhado like this.
  7. Rato Molhado

Rato Molhado Psiconauta del inconsciente

Oddometer:
    It's been a pleasure to learn more dakar with you, guys. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Now, podium in tvp. See you next year [​IMG]
  8. Jack D

Jack D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kind of disappointed to see that it is over for another year. I watch the daily 30 minute blurb on US tv every day and have done so for several years. I did not know that ADV had this thread and the Cliff Notes version. I don't know how this data is gathered, compiled and posted but I want to thank all of the people who have contributed to it.
    K_N_Fodder and keepshoveling like this.
  9. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    Watching the finishing ceremonies...

...needs moar Champagne!!!:beer

DW
  10. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    Troy, Deadly, Kaia, Myway, Yardracer and especially Mischa, Thanks to all, Was a way different Dakar for sure!

Burgerking, you called it spot on!

Year of the rookies,

1. PRICE (AUS) 2nd Dakar
    2. SVITKO (SVK) 7th Dakar
    3. QUINTANILLA (CHL) 4th Dakar
    4. BENAVIDES (ARG) Rookie
    5. RODRIGUES (PRT) 10th Dakar
    6. VAN BEVEREN (FRA) Rookie
    7. MEO (FRA) Rookie
    8. FARRES GUELL (ESP) 9th Dakar
    9. BRABEC (USA) Rookie
    10. MONLEON (ESP) Rookie
    11. METGE (FRA) Rookie
    12. CERUTTI (ITA) Rookie

Really hope to see Benavides and Brabec get picked up for a factory ride, Ian too!
  11. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    and I know for a fact you are incorrect

The Supplementary Regulations, the Technical Regulations and the Service Regulations, as well as the Appendices must be considered as the Cars / Trucks Regulations of 38th Dakar.

2P REGISTRATION

The Paris Dakar Sporting Association is organising, in conjunction with Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O. here after named the Organiser), the 38
    th Dakar Marathon Cross-Country Rally, named for 2016: « Dakar Argentina - Bolivia», an international event to be held from 3rd January 2016 to 16th January 2016, under the aegis of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile, of the Fédération Française du Sport Automobile and of the National Sporting Authorities (ASN) of the countries to be crossed: Bolivia (FEBAD) and Argentina (ACA).
    FFSA (ASN) approval: (under process, will be notified by a Bulletin).

To facilitate the Competitor’s understanding, the regulations are translated into English and Spanish. In case of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the various documents and other publications edited by the Organizers, only the French version of these current Supplementary Regulations will be applicable.
    In the case of legal litigation, France will be the sole country where cases may be judged before a tribunal and French law the only one applicable.

The Organiser delegates the entire authority and the sporting power to the Event Officials, these being responsible of the respect and application of the present Regulations and its appendices.

There is no "frustration" on my part... I have nothing to gain or lose from the protest. I clearly and accurately point out what the regulations stated.
  12. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Let's agree to disagree then.

Jx
  13. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Top American this Dakar. Well done Ricky! :clap:clap:clap I predict he will be up in the Alien group soon.
  16. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just watched Ricky and Ian on the podium. Fantastic job guys. Thanks to all F5 participants. :clap
    homerj likes this.
  17. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    OK.
  18. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Despite the imperfections of this Dakar, I can't wait until the next one...less than a year to go...
  19. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Puzzled by that - not sure what happened !

But the thrust of the message was to help people 'wind down' from the excitement and stress of F5 season by pointing them towards what I think is one of the best 'Dakar' films out there ! Dream Racer gives a great insight into not only the rally itself but also the level of effort and determination necessary to just reach the start line - well worth taking a look.

http://www.dreamracer.tv/
    RussellM likes this.
  20. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer: