2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    :rofl:imaposer:clap

Good one Drif :lol3
  2. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    I'll keep it there whole year probably? ;)
    dooby, cyborg and yardracer like this.
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    live2fly, homerj, CBVRacing and 3 others like this.
  4. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much did the year of the "likes" influence the views.

How many are there given, is there a classement, I believe, "Our" Greek friend 640 Armageddon found 'the liker" the most.

Misc tracker is more and more integrated in our behaviour, less F5, is less new views.
    Boondoggle likes this.
  5. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Laia FB

Before starting the Dakar Rally I'd have signed the top 15, but after seeing how the Dakar has been, I could have been higher up. Next year I'll try it again!

Step 13: Mission accomplished: Laia Sanz finished in the top 15 his sixth Dakar
    Created: January 16, 2016
    The last three days had to drive with a sore throat and fever with a sprained collarbone after a fall, but took heart of grace and managed to finish the rally in a heroic fifteenth position.Despite past the first half of the race with options to finish in the top ten, a reclassification by the organization, first, a technical problem then you have prevented overcome ninth achieved in 2015."Before we started he had signed a result like this but after how it went all think it could be later."
    E13 Dakar16
    Laia 1Laia Sanz has returned to finish the Dakar Rally and now they're six straight! Or what is the same, a hundred percent of shares finished a statistical unusual in the world's toughest rally. The pilot KH-7 and the KTM Rally Factory Team has once again demonstrated that the impediments have to be huge to deprive it of achieving the goal. This time, even a sore throat and collarbone sprain have been avoided to climb the podium in Rosario as best woman in motorcycle-for time- sixth and 15th overall position, after climbing a spot in the final stage, held this Saturday.
    It was not easy to Dakar and Laia Sanz already predicted before starting. "Finishing in the top 15 is my goal," he said again and again to those who claimed a podium or top five, excessive challenge in an edition that had a list of "20 or 25 pilots, some of them champions The world of enduro or motocross, with chances to win stages, "he says. Despite that, and the route of the Dakar 2016 he was unfavorable, with very fast tracks, very little sand and almost no navigational difficulties, Laia showed he could be among the best.
    "The standard this year has been brutal, but mainly because it was a very fast race. The days that there were Navigation saw a Dakar different and more stages and would have changed things much. That makes me optimistic because I know I can be above "explains Corbera de Llobregat.
    Laia started the rally with a very solid pace, keeping the type, without wasting time in order to get to the complicated stages located in the top fifteen and near the tenth: "fast I was more than I thought I would go the rest of riders ahead, while maintaining a margin. I did not want any setbacks that annoy my chances of going into the second week.
    "The possibilities of improving to ninth place achieved last year-the best result for a woman in the history of the Dakar-vanished within three days of misfortune. Everything is complicated in the ninth stage, when a reclassification by the organization, after stopping a part of the tour, made the KH-7 happened to be 13 minutes from tenth to slip to 50 minutes. "The organization had to make a decision and he made was unfair to me and conditioned my career, but I do not think about it.
    "The worst would come the next day, in the tenth day of competition, in the desert of Faimbalá. It had to be one of the steps conducive to Laia Sanz, sand and lots of navigation, but a problem with the water in the radiator of his bike made him lose more than half an hour about the head of the race. "The previous day with the reclassification caused me to delayed and you were the tracks very wrong with the passage of five trucks and the ten cars that began interspersed with the first ten bikes. There I had a fall down a boulder that was hidden under sand. All this influenced and made the bike is warm, remember that temperatures were extreme. I ran out of water in the radiator and had to roll at low speed and replenishing water. I ended up dead by wear and that I paid the physically next day. Instead the KTM 450 Rally proved to be very reliable. The engine continued as usual, "he recalls.
    Not end there setbacks of the 17-time world champion. At the 11th stage, after the effort of Fiambala, he took angina and was forced to fly with fever and dizziness. That's when he suffered a heavy crash caused a torn ligament (acromioclavicular sprain) grade two on the right collarbone. Laia Sanz drew strength from where there were none and not only managed to finish the race, demonstrating his enormous will and endurance, but did well in fifteenth position. A result that, being good does not reflect the potential of the best motorcycle racer of all time.
    "Before we started he had signed a result like this but after how it went all think it could be later. In the Dakar can not always get everything right. It's a very long race. It's been around but still I've been well sorted and with good feelings. I am happy because complete six six Dakar is not easy. Now, to rest and then think about what you need to improve and start thinking about preparing the next. "
    Rato Molhado and too old like this.
  7. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Speedy is home

Feels good to be back!
    Thank you all for the love and strength.
    We're gonna get.
    Paulo Gonçalves
    Translated from Portuguese
    [​IMG]
  8. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    From Ian on Instagram just now. So awesome... So proud (from just one more spectator). This is what's all about....

https://instagram.com/p/BApiDvyNQdk/

ianblythe. Trying to go fast! Rally bikes are easy to crash. I had a great few stages in this second week of Dakar but when I started pushing I also started having problems. Stage 8 had an oil line wear through but I did a pretty lucky fix where I used JB weld and motion pro tape to hold it together. I managed to fix it in the neutralization and minimize damage, then stage 9 we had a cracked air boot which actually almost ended my race, lost a lot of time and ended what could have been another really good stage. Then I Strung together an 11th and 8th place stage but the next day i dropped the bike while pushing in a long road stage and punctured the tank. I didn't notice it was leaking until I had already lost too much gas and I ran out 15k from the neutralization. Barely held it together the last few days. I am so happy to finish this race, it was everything and more than I could have imagined. It was such a roller coaster, emotionally I have set new highs and lows. I really have to give it up to the team, #rallypanam these guys worked super hard and put forth a huge effort during this race.
  9. tatterhood

tatterhood Sturdy Girl

Oddometer:
    :ear
  10. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    Only one song......

:super

see you in 2017 Paulo
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  11. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    F. Alright alright. set if meese.

Are you taking notes?
    nry likes this.
  12. ColoWyo

ColoWyo I crash a lot.

Oddometer:
    I don't have much to add, but wanted to say thanks for all your guys updates and work on this thread. Spending a lot of times on airplanes forces me to miss a lot of stuff. This thread was great.

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!
  13. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm just taking a break from lurking to thank all those who made this thread what it was. An astonishing collection of experienced, knowledge, and yes, opinion.

A deep love of off-road motorcycling is what draws me to the Dakar. I've been bto Baja a couple times, but am quite inexperienced at the really world. So, from my VERY American homer viewpoint, a few predictions for the future of America(ns) in the Dakar follow.

Dakar in America- No way. The very thought of even talking to a Frenchman is off the table for any Southwestern government official.
    Americans in trucks or on quads- the curiosity factor isn't high enough to overcome the preparation required or the entry fee.
    Americans in cars- Robby will be back. I saw it in his eyes when he said no way the Peugeot engines were a production item. I'd bet he's already filling out the forms needed to buy a couple Peugeot "production" diesel motors.
    Americans on bikes- Brabec will be back. On a Honda. Looking for stage wins and possibly a podium next year.
  14. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS....an epic f5 event, as usual.[​IMG]
  15. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have lost my mind. I cant find final results with times, Something showing past 10 place. Like everyone. I would like to see what that 37 minutes that Laia lost on stage 9 would have done to her overall.
    thanks everyone that posted up so much good stuff. Seems like some Trophy's should be awarded to those peoples profile. Can someone tell me about that as I don't see anybody that has got one.
  16. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    http://trackingdakar.nl/overall.php?show-top=off&track=12&type=M
    Hop-Sing and keepshoveling like this.
  17. RussellM

RussellM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe, maybe not.

We can resume this conversation after he manages to finish a Dakar.
  18. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    HRC Racing

The Dakar Rally: unfinished business for Team HRC
    This report is in the following languages:

The Rally Dakar 2016 is over. Team HRC is packing up to go home with a score still remaining to be settled at the Dakar; one for which the team will go all out to achieve. Now, the data has to be analysed and a year-long project planned, if the team is to capture rally’s top prize next year. The team’s endeavour to accomplish this mission in 2017 begins right away.

The two weeks of racing have ended in Team HRC’s fourth year back in the event, but the entourage will come home disappointed after a bad run of luck put an end to what had appeared to be a promising opening week. The team returns empty-handed, but more resolved than ever to take top honours next time round.

The 2016 edition has been particularly tough on the squad, losing one of the main riders before the rest day and another after having led the rally for three consecutive days. Yet, even after such setbacks, the never-say-die Team HRC attitude prevailed with Dakar rookie Ricky Brabec displaying great promise on his debut. The 24 year old Californian finished ninth overall in addition to having finished runner-up in stage nine.

Paolo Ceci played an important role for the team, coming to the aid of both Paulo Gonçalves and Joan Barreda on separate occasions when they ran into trouble. Paulo had clinched two stage wins, while Joan had won the prologue and would have won the first two stages too, were it not for time penalties incurred for speeding.

A special mention goes out to Team HRC’s great collaborator Honda South America Rally Team, who not only scored a stage victory, but also managed to consistently finish among the rally’s front-runners. Argentinean rookie Kevin Benavides rode to a noteworthy and well-deserved fourth place overall. A bright future beckons for this brilliant young rider.

Frenchman Adrien Metge, also on his maiden Dakar outing, finished the challenge in eleventh overall position. Jean Azevedo and Javier Pizzolito were both forced to retire after heavy falls.
    Team HRC wishes to express its gratitude to all the sponsors and collaborators who have so loyally supported the team through thick and thin. Many thanks also to all the fans who have offered very active support on social media.

Now, all that remains is for the team management to analyse and evaluate what has occurred during the Dakar 2016.
    too old, keepshoveling and Linhares like this.
  19. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    So where will Dakar 2017 go? :scratch

- Seth Efrika?

- Stralia?

- Farther down in Argentina, ripping tracks through Patagonia?

- Mexico City to Lima via the Darien Gap?

- North American HogWild route?

- Same old WRC tracks as this year?

head here to continue the discussion: :deal

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-bivouac-general-rallye-raid-news.543325/page-361 EDIT // troy
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  20. Tomas Kocanda

Tomas Kocanda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ondrej Klymciw (#31) is on the flight at home at special section in the commercial plane.
    By luck happened, that on the same flight was another Czech racer - in the car category - Martin Prokop (quite known young WRC rider). They sent photo from the on board party with Ondrej...

[​IMG]