2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    last stage of the Dakar..................

[​IMG]
    sick_boy and PilbaraGoat like this.
  2. CBVRacing

CBVRacing CBVRacing

Oddometer:
    Rato Molhado, ferals5 and sick_boy like this.
  3. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    :deal
    Good and positive for 2016 and 17 then - let's see what turns up in Abu Dhabi, but it does sound like Robbie Gordon wrote this for them! :jack

Ceci certainly fulfilled his job as WC, if to no avail and to remove himself from any contention. If that's the accepted position then great,:deal but it seems to me that once you have lost that initial 30 - 60 mins then you're pissing into a force 10 gale for a podium! But if the WC position and contract works for HRC then also great, but to me it lacks flexibility and innovation - typical of HRC - following, whilst others are pioneering?

I still believe they have 2 competitive front line riders and now perhaps Benevides ( they could have been a little more enthusiastic over his result) and that they did perhaps have some bad luck, and in the Dakar you need a little bit of it; but also in Dakar, 9 times out of 10 times both good and bad luck are man made from one angle or another - HRC have been having it just far to long :hmmmmm:confused: :evil

The bike seems good now - spend the year tidying it up and ensuring its fully maintained and fit for purpose - you've now had over 4 years of practice now!:baldy

Get the riders phsycologically ready for an event equal to a season of cross country rally's in one go.:eekers

Make sure that rabbits foot is attached to Barreda's and Speedy's keys!:D

Can they do it?

Against the KTM line up I really don't believe they can in the current guise - just too much firepower, belief and team spirit within the Austrian set-up! :beer :drink

PS - I certainly couldn't see any other sporting management team being given another chance after the last 4 events!
    Rato Molhado and 640 Armageddon like this.
  4. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    motorsport.com photos from stage 12, all reposted in the Photo F5irehose for your enjoyment.

when i say "all", i mean like 300 photos, almost all from 12. some may have been from 11. who knows at this point. :smile6

#52 - MONTERO IVAN CERVANTES (ESP) [KTM]
    [​IMG]

#327 - JAKUB PRZYGONSKI (POL) / ANDREI RUDNITSKI (BLR) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

#323 - HARRY HUNT (GBR) / ANDREAS SCHULZ (DEU) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

#323 - HARRY HUNT (GBR) / ANDREAS SCHULZ (DEU) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

#519 - TERUHITO SUGAWARA (JPN) / HIROYUKI SUGIURA (JPN) [HINO]
    [​IMG]

#47 - KEVIN BENAVIDES (ARG) [HONDA]
    [​IMG]

#32 - PAOLO CECI (ITA) [HONDA]
    [​IMG]
    steved57, tart, ferals5 and 1 other person like this.
  5. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    motorsport.com photos from stage 13 & finishing podium, all re-posted over in the Photo F5irehose for your easy viewing... well as easy as it is to view 300 photos.

#300 - NASSER AL-ATTIYAH (QAT) / MATTHIEU BAUMEL (FRA) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

#252 - MARCOS PATRONELLI (ARG) [YAMAHA]
    [​IMG]

#321 - CYRIL DESPRES (FRA) / DAVID CASTERA (FRA) [PEUGEOT]
    [​IMG]

#5 - STEFAN SVITKO (SVK) [KTM]
    #3 - TOBY PRICE (AUS) [KTM]
    #4 - PABLO QUINTANILLA (CHL) [HUSQVARNA]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#302 - STEPHANE PETERHANSEL (FRA) / JEAN PAUL COTTRET (FRA) [PEUGEOT]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#319 - LEEROY POULTER (ZAF) / ROBERT HOWIE (ZAF) [TOYOTA]
    [​IMG]
  6. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    He is still steady and going strong, till all is "Cleaned UP"

WHO, who do you think?

KAIA

when you talk about motivation and perseverance

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

and the photo's are still so good
    watch the story in the detail​
    Carlos M, kaia and ferals5 like this.
  7. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    "we" as "we F5", "we" want to know, what A.S.O. talking about, and "we" has a PM, for confidential stuff.
    ferals5 and 640 Armageddon like this.
  8. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    We, as in Darren and I regarding Sonora Rally in Mexico. They know we exist now, and they know what we are doing. That's it for now.
  9. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    for example this one, happy all ? but one man with a concern.
    was it the right of the "LEFT".​

[​IMG]
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  10. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay, we know the path now.
  11. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    Okay... DAKAR 2016 is done... :ricky

this thread will be sticky/open to post up articles etc. of what HAPPENED in the DAKAR rally... 2016 post rally press realeases, PHOTO's etc. about the rally, untill the end January... then it will be cut loose to roam the cyber plains...

In the meantime, discussions about the FUTURE and what might happen for Dakars future edition etc., can we jump back to "THE BIVOUAC" thread for general rally discussions, where the coming World cross Country Rally Championship series round in the UAE is next, HONDA's dilemma, KTM's stranglehold and all that other stuff... :deal

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-bivouac-general-rallye-raid-news.543325/page-361
    Rato Molhado and kaia like this.
  12. lurkin

lurkin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Troy,,,,, and as an aside ; please excuse us Ausies ( lot of fun to spell this a different way every time :raindance) here in the F5irehose land but “WE” have a fare bit to celebrate ( thats NOT celebrant !!) ,,,,, thanks Toby, amazing for an “old" "has been" farming Ozi thats been following this thing since 1979 …….. never thought I’d live to see the day.
    RussellM and Rato Molhado like this.
  13. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    Awesome times everyone! Team F5 has the best seat in the house. Thanks to everyone who contributed and thank you Troy for all the colorful commentary.

We'll see y'all next year!
  14. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    dooby, steved57, cyborg and 3 others like this.
  15. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Freedom Rally Racing

Congratulations to the team and much respect to RSConcepts #111 Sylvain Espinasse on his Husqvarna 125te!
    They used ONLY 4 pistons and a motor change on the rest day to finish 83 overall. That's how you get it done on a 2-stroke!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KZJohn, barrier and Rato Molhado like this.
  16. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Manuel's GF FB

I've never seen anyone have so much to do and work day and night for a dream.... You're great love, next year, let's get back to win category and stay in the top of absolute
    Translated from Italian
    [​IMG]
    Rato Molhado and too old like this.
  17. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  18. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  19. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    Many thanks to everyone who contributed here. To name just a tiny few: Myway, Mischa, Troy, Kaya, Yardracer, you've been awesome as usual! I couldn't participate much, it was mainly lurking for me this year. But I enjoyed it as well, except when a few got hysterical with the "it's not fair" and "this in not Dakar" thing :D . A few random thoughts:

- It has never been completely fair. Stages got cut every year (and in South America, a lot of them), and that's usually unfair to someone.
    - It is not Dakar, the old guard has been telling you that for a long time. Dakar is the capital of Senegal, far far from South America :D .
    - The race is not what it used to be, it is impossible to keep it as it was. The adventure consisted in traversing empty, deserted terrain. No spectators, no gas stations, no hardware stores for the assistance teams, no GSM/3G, no internet, no Google Earth, no sealed roads for motorhomes... no nothing. Damn it, it was sand all around for hundreds of kms. Literally.
    - Nowadays, to keep it hard they throw in altitude (a lot of it!), Summer in the desert, phony bivouacs... then they figure it is too much and mount oxygen posts, refrigerated trucks at CP's (really??) and throw water from the helos. It is kind of artificial in the sense that it is not a race across the Earth's largest desert with all the challenges that it would encompass, but it is still hard as hell, dangerous and exciting.
    - I understand that the race evolved into a sort of "reality show Dakar" but the difficulty of it is undeniable. It still requires amazing riding skills, navigational capacity, physical strenght/fitness/stamina/endurance/courage. It still shows awesome images, fantastic landscapes. I still like this race.
    - F5 - Not having time to participate, I read every post in here, it still was the nicest way to follow. Exceptions, when I drifted to Twitter: A) Calling Barreda a wuss. Come on guys? His tenacity has been proved. No reason to suspect his reasons for withdrawal weren't legit. B) General French bashing and conspirationism.
    - I bought the Eurosport pass, I am still at Stage 5 :D, will try to continue.
    - Toby Price is an alien. Like the GOAT discussions in MotoGP, the discussion "if the dominating alphas Despres and Coma were still active, would he have shined this way?" is worthless. Showing up and getting a podium on his 1st appearance meant something. Winning at his second attempt (even in the absence of the previous aliens) is a sign of the new order.
    - The portuguese Ruben, Paulo and Helder are not getting younger. If these three start to fade, will a Dakar gold statue ever come this way? Doubt it. As the race fled to South America and economics here being as it's known, sponsorship dried up and new values have not appeared.
    - Gonçalves was sold by the media here as an abnegated Mother Teresa for having stopped to assist Walkner. In a country that elevates soccer players to deities I am very happy that media inaccuracy shines over a true gentleman and sportsman like Gonçalves!
    - HRC. Oh boy...redesigned bike for 2017? Or finding the Dall'Igna of rally racing?
    - Peugeot - like Price, not veni vidi vici but as close as it gets..

See you all at the Bivouac and thanks again!
    dooby, twinie, gagnaou and 7 others like this.
  20. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Manuel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    juames, Linhares and Rato Molhado like this.