2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Corky is auctioning some of his stuff off

[​IMG]

As you're all aware my Dakar dream/obsession is over for the forceable future so I'll be auctioning off my Dakar related items from the last 2 years. Race jackets, fairings, helmet, paddock clothing, competitors items, and any other personal Dakar related stuff that I think may be of interest. The money made will take my 2 boys and girlfriend on holiday. If I only raise £100 - it's Crealy Adventute Park but I'm hoping we can at least go somewhere warm where there's a pool and the sea - even if it's in the tent again. I know I ask for much but I would be grateful if you could share this post for me so these auctions reach interested collectors/bidders. The items will be listed on a weekly basis with the 1st being my vented jacket on the 29th of this month. My eBay ID is 'chriscork' but I will be linking all auction listings here on Facebook as well. Thanks as always, Corky
    Rato Molhado and stuckthrottle like this.
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    David Casteu FB

David Casteu: "can't wait to see the next dakar"
    David has finally ranked 18th in the overall ranking of the Dakar 2016. Attached by phone in Argentina, to Rosario the day after arrival, so that he was leaving for Buenos Aires in order to catch his flight to France, it has Answered our questions:
    David, what conclusions dresses you of this dakar?
    I'm ranked 18th (1 + 8 = 9, my number of race)... But, for my 13th Dakar, I'm still a little on my hunger and I can't wait to see the 14th. I know these regions to have rolled on the dakar or on the ruta 40, I see that it's missing at least one more country.
    But yet?
    They did a race for Peugeot, it was of the wrc without navigation. The only time there has been, they cut the offers. It wasn't the dakar that it was necessary to win. The Pilots Rapid '' Baja '' Have managed well, Meo, van beveren have done well. The Sports of aso sucked, they traded three offers. They all felt that it was a dakar of transition. It was a dakar '' Baja '', Not a dakar '' Adventure ''. There were too many connections, and they have slaughtered our bikes.
    Why didn't you couldn't roll out front?
    I put myself in there after the accident of pela (Renet). The fact of stop me and see this young pilot wounded on the track, it broke. After that, I found myself in the dirt of the other, I've struggled to get back.
    Glad your assistance?
    A big thank you to my mechanics gaëtan taligot and Laurent Dupas who have done an amazing job. For them, this is the worst dakar for years, with hundreds of kilometres every day, the cold, very hot, rain, mud. It was the inferno, all the more so because the equipment has suffered a lot.
    A conclusion?
    It must be that aso redefine the word rally raid because there are a lot of unhappy people.
    Your Season 2016?
    She looks very loaded. I have a lot of requests for assistance, pilots, I'll have to take big decisions particularly in logistical. At the end of may, I'll go to Dakar Series in merzouga (Morocco) and then in sardinia.
    Translated from French
    [​IMG]
  4. barrier

barrier Says who?

Oddometer:
    Thanks 'Yardracer', you are helping us back to our real lives without such a bump!
    This post is why I love the F5 crew so much. My favourite piece of insider info of this years Dakar is the 'piston count' for the 125!
    A real Dakar nut may like to know if the 4 pistons included the ones in the original engine and the fresh rest day engine? Not me of course!!! I'm trying to re engage with the family I still have!
  5. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    My house is a certified mess, for those two weeks me putz should be grateful he has clean clothes and the dishes get done......when I run out of room......I have ZERO inclination to fix any of that.......post-Dakar.......SUCKS!!!!!!!:muutt:pep
  6. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oops Robby...

ferals5, *kartman*, London and 3 others like this.
  7. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    DID Manual get the wrong trophy ?????????????

In the overall general classement pdf, he is second.
    http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/docs/classements/CGM_14.pdf
    http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/stage-1400/rankings/overall-bikes.html#ancre

They changed the Italians?
    Third, DIOCLEZIANO TOIA
    Who is second?

Misc tracker:
    http://www.trackingdakar.nl/overall.php?list=18 second
  8. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Our gal is home

Happy to be home again! Thank you all for this reception!!

Contenta de tornar a casa! Moltes gràcies a tots per aquesta rebuda!!

See Translation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  10. tileman

tileman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Apparently this had been going on for a while before they started filming from the comments reported locally. The hummer rolled and a member of the car filming got seriously hurt. More info will come out I'd assume.

What happened to the moto just behind the hummer seen right near the end?
    BigBearJoe likes this.
  11. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
  12. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    From frredom rally racing FB:

Congratulations to the team and much respect to RSConcepts #111 Sylvain Espinasse on his Husqvarna 125te!
    They used ONLY 4 pistons and a motor change on the rest day to finish 83 overall. That's how you get it done on a 2-stroke!!!
  13. patagon

patagon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OOOPs Robby!!!

Can people be that stupid???? At this point they weren´t racing, just going to Rosario for the closing...
    Thank God there were only 2 wounded. They could have caused a disaster...
    too old likes this.
  14. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Just watched the 30 minutes Sports Insider Dakar on Eurosport (is showing twice more if interested... at least on the program available to me) with a couple of great insider stories of Manuel and Corky... both very describing and emotional.

A couple of screen shots from Corky's ride at the stage where he is beated by the dunes in the dark...

[​IMG]
    His headlight showing the way uphill :eekers

[​IMG]
    While having a rest and telling about this "monstreous hill climb" to the camera... the parked bike falls over :doh

[​IMG]
    And on the chopper ride back after having spent the night in the desert... felt so sad for him :cry
  15. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    Set it up. I'll contribute.

This was rough. I'll admit I laughed when the bike fell over. Because I'm a bad person. The only other thing that could have happened at that point was for it to start raining.
  16. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    RE Honda,

Someone posted this and it sorta gets me down. I think this was the "philosophy" that took out Speedy, about "balls" and pushing it. He never could have made up the 30 minute gap. He is already so fast. So instead of getting a 2nd place, for the 2nd year in a row (which is huge), they got Kevin & Ricky (which is great) but Paulo should have just slowed down and done what he could have. Instead he has (probably one more severe) concussion. What a bummer...

too old and yardracer like this.
  17. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    It's my quote and it is not about Speedy:wink:

If you want to quote please put into its context, JBB bails with a sore hand? while ,according to some press releases, Laia Sanz finishes the race with a broken collarbone. Hence my comment referring to JBB (I thought it was obvious at the time, but if read later it may not be so clear)
  18. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    I think the Corky's should be on youtube or the Dakar site. They had some people make videos called "My Dakar"
  19. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    we all know Bam Bam is a whiny little boy :D
  20. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    me too