2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Spanish? Thats not going to help you....I speak French :thumb

Full on F5 withdrawl going on, seems I have an issue. 350 days until F5 season starts again :pynd
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  2. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    What about the upcoming ADDC in the UAE & the FIM WCCR c'ships...? They have F5 friendly tracking IIRC...?
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Rebel X Sports

Dakar 2016: Other than the participation of our rider Manuel we were happy to see at Dakar several of our Rally Kits being used and we are happy that the 2 Ktm EXC and 2 Husqvarna's featuring the REBEL Rally Kit got happily to the finish podium! Congratulations Rosa Romero, Dani Oliveras, Carlos Fernandez and Domingo Fernandez

[​IMG]
  4. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Yardracer... :clap... but go to bed already... :eek7 it's three day's past sleep time... :lol2
    yardracer likes this.
  5. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    I wonder if any of the top riders that finish early every day ever feel like they're missing out on the real Dakar experience?

Kind of like the experience Corky had. Slogging tough and slow through the sand, listening to the wonderful (constant) chirping of the sentinel, then enjoying the serene desert beauty all night long night.

Maybe not. :hide

Thanks for all of the contributions large and small.

Until next year :1drink
  6. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    from Marca.com

Barreda and talks with KTM
    It has a contract with Honda until 2018, but look out. Viladoms arises stop running
    The future of Joan Barreda is, today, a mystery. Castellon Dakar left dejected and frustrated by his third failed attempt with the Honda factory team. It was the favorite all time and neither were Cyril Despres and Marc Coma, but his horse again left him lying.
    The Torreblanca ended dissatisfaction with some aspects of HRC. Whereas, as has been told MARCA, it has already initiated contacts with the rival brand KTM. He did it before returning to Spain and was only a first contact, but in it, Barreda made it clear to the leaders of the Austrian squad that is more than willing to run with them and the next Dakar.
    Joan has the handicap of that last summer signed his new contract with Honda that binds him to the house of the golden wing until 2018. There is even an option to extend the agreement until 2019. The Spanish is the spearhead of the project, receives a good salary and the team has done, over the years more to your liking.
    But the disappointment was so great that neglect Levantine is even less willing to perceive something of money just to have a completely reliable frame, as the KTM proved. Not surprisingly carry 15 years in a row winning the test.
    Barreda also know that in the Central European firm there is a pilot who holds the title of No. 1 was not there when they lived Coma and Despres has not been so in 2016, as Price, Walkner, Meo or Quintanilla have enjoyed total freedom and the same mechanical guarantees.
    The fact that Price has expired on his second attempt has strengthened the position of the Australian, but KTM also takes into account other promises as Sunderland, who could not attend due to injury. His young drivers have tightened soon and that plays against Bang Bang.
    Honda, meanwhile, also provides a new restructuring. Nakamoto has confirmed its commitment MARK follows. "Although not win, we will continue in the Dakar," he said.
    HRC there is some dissatisfaction with Barreda. They believe that he could have made an extra effort to continue the race and help Gonçalves. However, these quarrels are salvageable. A possible departure of Joan force sign a top pilot.

'Vili' KTM offer
    If Barreda can enter KTM, Viladoms can go. Jordi also finished the rally very disappointed. "This Dakar has not been mine or anything, but to finish, with all that has happened to me is to feel proud," he admitted after being sick the first week and suffering several breakdowns in the second.
    The Catalan, who disputed its tenth raid, has one year left on his contract with the Mattighofen factory, but its guiding been offered a position within your organization where they could test their bikes raids and work with their pilots. Igualada The teacher has exercised luxury competitors like Price and this is highly valued by them.
    The Vili own and let slip that his end as active driver is near. "It's certainly going to continue in KTM, but there is a proposal out there," he said.
    Rato Molhado likes this.
  7. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Have to keep updating the cliff notes? :imaposer
    DesertSurfer likes this.
  8. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:

Jx
    klatelm and dtysdalx2 like this.
  9. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    from baboons.de

Dakar Rally 2016 - Conclusion of the Team Managers
    Two KTM and a Husqvarna on the podium in Rosario. Behind a Honda and two Yamahas. The dominance of KTM victorious as the brand continues unabated, but four brands in the top five give a colorful picture.

The toughest race in the world was one full of obstacles. Chile and Peru withdrew early because they feared the effects of El Nino. But Argentina and Bolivia, too, felt the impact. Storms and floods plagued the rally, especially in the first week. In the second week stages had to be shortened due to the heat. The first part was fast and it went up to 4,600 meters on, after the rest day, it was complicated and the navigation was decisive.

The sporty Conclusion of the factory team manager
    Alex Doringer (KTM):.. "I could see that Toby is a top driver, with potential and a talent for navigating He did a fantastic job and I am happy for him as I took him into the team, I was glad I was able to do something for my old friend Kurt Caselli. He encouraged me to take Toby in the Dakar, and now we see the result. I am also proud of Antoine Meo. He has such a great performance shown in his first Dakar and will present very well in the future. He was very brave, when he finished the race after his heavy crash on the penultimate day. But he wanted to be there until the end for the team. The team spirit was great and this is also the friendship between Toby and Antoine. Although Toby drove for victory, he stayed on Saturday all the time behind Antoine, to make sure that to make it to the finish. ""Jordi Viladoms had two hard weeks. He was almost sick all the time and could not harness his powers for a good result. But it is extremely important for the team, especially as it helps young riders. And Laia Sanz, well , she is unique how she is fighting. We all have a great respect. Everyone likes her and we are very happy and proud that she travels with us. It was perhaps not the result she hoped for, but she was also sick and had a severe crash, she has done a tremendous job. We are super happy to have one of our customers Motorcycles on the podium. That's what we work for. "

Wolfgang Fischer (Honda): "The Team HRC has missed its goal, the Dakar Rally win in 2016. Our hopefuls Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves did not get to the finish, bringing us homework so we return better next year. Moreover, we had a... good time and were at half-time lead. We are pleased to see the development of young drivers. ""It was certainly the year of the rookies. In the top 15 are many new drivers, we are especially happy for the fourth rank of Argentine talent Kevin Benavides. We are pleased with the outcome of newcomer Ricky Brabec in the top ten. Also Adrien Metge ( Honda South America) was not far behind. Working with these guys gives us a lot of motivation for the future to return even stronger and to end the mission next year. "

Alexandre Kowalski (Yamaha Team Director):. "A happy ending for Yamaha at the Dakar Rally in 2016. We are very happy with the result in Rosario, after the conditions this year were so heavy Helder Rodrigues is in the top five and Yamaha Junior Adrien Van Beveren right behind it. He finished the race in an impressive sixth place on his debut. Our drivers did a good job and we are proud of all, even if Xavier De Soultrait and Alessandro Botturi in the dunes of Fiambala were unlucky. Our brand-new WR450F Rally has proven itself as a powerful engine for a race like the Dakar. We all believe there is a great future for Yamaha with this bike in Rally Raids. I thank the whole Yamaha crew for their hard work, the mechanics gave everything worked closely and efficient. We were a family the last three weeks and we did a good job ".
    Rato Molhado and ferals5 like this.
  10. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    NaniRoma.com

[​IMG]

Nani Roma, Rosa Romero, Laia Sanz and Jordi Viladoms came to BarcelonaNani Roma• Nani Roma, his wife Rosa Romero, Laia Sanz and Jordi Viladoms came to Barcelona on Monday once covered the Dakar. Tired from the trip but visibly happy to be again at home.01.18.2016 | Josep Viaplana / sport.es Photo: Josep M. ArolasAt 1230 hours on Monday he arrived at Barcelona airport of Dakar caravan, made up of some of the most illustrious names who faced the hard journey of 9,600 kilometers from Buenos Aires and Rosario arrival. With emaciated faces for the effort but visibly happy to be again at home, this is what they said Nani Roma, his wife, Rosa Romero, Laia Sanz and Jordi Viladoms to the media

.Nani Roma:"I wanted to return. The result was not what we expected for us or for the team. We started very badly and the balance is negative. When you lose the train of the race, everything is complicated. You should now be time for reflection, because after four consecutive victories seemed Mini was unbeatable, but it is clear that Peugeot has taken a step forward and won deservedly and Toyota also has a very good car. We have to react to the 2017 edition.

"Rosa Romero:"We have achieved the goal. Michael Gates (team leader) told us before start which was the primary end five Hynoinsa team. The early stages were very fast and did not adapt well to the characteristics of my bike, which when enduro is smaller, but just right. Tired but very happy.

"Laia Sanz:"Before I started this result but had signed after the first week how he expected to be higher. The special court in Fiambala, warmth and a fall I suffered another day, delayed me. Anyway I have participated in six Dakar and I finished all, and the last three in 16th, 9th and 15th place. ""I agree that we must ensure the safety, but there are things you can foresee: the heat in this place has always been the same and when steps are cut must take into account the pilots who are professionals and who They are amateurs. ""The change to KTM has been a success. They have helped me a lot and there is a great atmosphere. ""It was the strangest Dakar and less hard than I've done. Long way and some desert. Indeed, Dakar has only been two and a half days.

"Jordi Viladoms:"I started wrong from the first day and went retransando progressively, never had the pace and I was not well physically. It's a shame".
    dickosaurus and 640 Armageddon like this.
  11. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :rofl :wave :nod

It's like having the typing pool temp from hell... wouldn't leave the office till all the filing was done... :lol3

Yardracer... :deal off5icially now... :D it's Miller time peoples...!!!! :clap:clap:clap :drink

PS: ... love ya' work Yardracer... :thumb:thumb:thumb

Okay... DAKAR 2016 is done... :ricky

this thread is a record of what HAPPENED in the DAKAR rally... 2016 post rally press realeases, PHOTO's etc. about the rally.. now as the f5irehose chatter has turned turns to a dribble...it will be cut loose to roam the cyber plains...

Discussions about the FUTURE and what might happen for Dakars future edition etc., can we jump back to "THE BIVOUAC" thread for general rally discussions, where the coming World cross Country Rally Championship series round in the UAE is next, HONDA's dilemma, KTM's stranglehold and all that other stuff... :deal

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-bivouac-general-rallye-raid-news.543325/page-361

I have shifted a number of post's more relevent to that discussion to the bivouac...

thanks for being a part of ADVRider.coms 2016 DAKAR f5irehose... until next time. :thumb:thumb
  12. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is what Laia says.

""It was the strangest Dakar and less hard than I've done. Long way and some desert. Indeed, Dakar has only been two and a half days.

And that's coming from a girl. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    See you people next year.

Hop-Sing
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    D that's my line!
    klatelm and JMo (& piglet) like this.
  14. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Dakar.com photos from Argentina on Facebook #ArgentinaDakar, which i have painstakenly reposted over in the Photo F5irehose for everyone's continued enjoyment!

#139 - SEBASTIAN CAVALLERO (PER) [SUZUKI]
    #138 - ALESSANDRO BARBERO (ITA) [HUQSVARNA]
    [​IMG]

#4 - PABLO QUINTANILLA (CHL) [HUSQVARNA]
    [​IMG]

#311 - BERNHARD TEN BRINKE (NLD) / TOM COLSOUL (BEL) [TOYOTA]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#300 - NASSER AL-ATTIYAH (QAT) / MATTHIEU BAUMEL (FRA) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#305 - YAZEED ALRAJHI (SAU) / TIMO GOTTSCHALK (DEU) [TOYOTA]
    [​IMG]

#301 - GINIEL DE VILLIERS (ZAF) / DIRK VON ZITZEWITZ (DEU) [TOYOTA]
    [​IMG]

stupid facebook changed their gallery code backend over the past week, and my scripts that generated bbcode stopped working... so i had to rewrite them all before i could post these photos! doh!
    Rato Molhado and Sundowner like this.
  15. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    This dude...

[​IMG]

is the happiest of all riders...

Figure it out !
  16. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    MCH Photo is hands down my favorite photographer at the dakar rally, these photos from his Facebook gallery Rally Dakar 2016... posted in all their glory over in the Photo F5irehose. if there are any photos that you click through and see every single of... this is the set. enjoy!

#302 - STEPHANE PETERHANSEL (FRA) / JEAN PAUL COTTRET (FRA) [PEUGEOT]
    [​IMG]

#324 - GUERLAIN CHICHERIT (FRA) / ALEXANDRE WINOCQ (FRA) [BUGGY]
    [​IMG]

#2 - PAULO GONCALVES (PRT) [HONDA]
    [​IMG]

#36 - JUAN CARLOS SALVATIERRA (BOL) [KTM]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 - HELDER RODRIGUES (PRT) YAMAHA]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#321 - CYRIL DESPRES (FRA) / DAVID CASTERA (FRA) [PEUGEOT]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#42 - ADRIEN VAN BEVEREN (FRA) [YAMAHA]
    [​IMG]
  17. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

What a bummer.....

18. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has in here and every other Dakar related thread.
  19. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    WATCH this, how the prologue track is made.

tehdutchie likes this.
  20. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Piatek Waterfall