2016 OFFICIAL DAKAR f5irehose - THANK YOU ALL F5 posters and lurkers!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    You downloaded them?

Lagarda
    Stage1
    Stage 2
  2. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gotta love the Coronel videos - True Grit! - and I need a pair of those gloves with "EAT MY DUST" on the finger finger!
  3. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

?
  4. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:

Which one is in English?
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    RMS on Facebook say the special is shortened due to erosion. No specifics as to which part
  6. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday Botturi had a fall (his fault, admittedly) during the asphalt controlled section of the SS (that's why he didn't get penalties:D), hit hard his right wrist, was quite painful on the evening... let's hope for the better today!
    Rato Molhado, FPedro and nry like this.
  8. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Brabec ends up in 25th yesterday, Laia slipped to 18th, etc after the penalties were applied
  9. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Unless my Brodomath is wrong....fire in the hole! Special should now be underway
  10. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    Was it cause he looped out for the locals ,good sport!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Hmm... don't they start in 20 mins?
  12. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    07:04
    Special shortened
    The bikers are nearing the start of the day's special, which has again been shortened due to the weather conditions. The day's timed section will therefore start shortly after the initially planned CP1 (after 112.91 km) and finish after 314 km as planned. As a result, the special will be slightly less than 200 kilometres in length.
    Cactus Dave and Deadly99 like this.
  13. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Wasn't the start time 8am local time ? It's 7.43 atm
  14. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Quite possible....Brodomath is far from an exact science :nod
    Rato Molhado and Sundowner like this.
  15. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of the Stage in the Safari where we were going through the small dunes and low shrubby two wheel track - about Day 6 I think. You might remember it better, Neil. The track was really snaking and wound through some fairly delicate terrain. Looked like a fisherman's 4wd access track to the coast. If it was back home in South Oz, there'd be flannel shirt wearing Greenies hiking along the track to dodge around each bend. Anyway, we'd had so many speed restriction zones in the past few days added to the roadbook at nightly rider briefings, I was sure this must be one of them. It didn't help that there was one of the small laminated paper Safari signs at the start of that section, just past the mid stage control vehicle parked nearby. Problem was, the strong gale force wind had completely folded over the sign, so I couldn't read it even up close. So, thinking it was definitely a 40km RestrictedSpeedZone, I piddled along the track, trying to keep it under 40. Which when you're riding in dunes, makes it bloody near impossible to do. I eventually pulled over, radioed the Safari Base and asked them if they could confirm it was still a RSZ. They didn't know and just said, "Go for it", so I did. That's when I ripped over the top of a dune, straight downhill into a tidal creek, where the bike bogged mid crossing, my boots got stuck in the mud and I ended up falling on my arse with the bike pinning me into the mud. Good times. Love RSZ's. They bring the fun factor to rally racing.
    K_N_Fodder and *kartman* like this.
  17. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Looks like you've got time to dig out an appropriately "firey" picture then :D
  18. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    You should add a randomizer to the brodomath on the chance the special gets shortened. Maybe you can connect it to the local weather forecast? :rofl Good work though :D
    Rato Molhado and Sundowner like this.
  19. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    <a href="url" target="_blank">...</a>
  20. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    07:18
    Women of character
    There are only two women in the bike category this year. Rosa Romero and Laia Sanz are both Spanish, but have differing objectives. For Rosa, her aim is simply to finish and if possible in the top 50 (she was 52nd in 2015). However, for Laia, a four times enduro world champion, the stakes on the 2016 edition are much higher. A part of the official KTM team and boasting a ninth placed finish last year (the best performance by a woman on the Dakar), the Iberian rider will be seeking to repeat this achievement. At the start of the special, the two competitors lie in 95th and 21st position respectively.
    Rato Molhado and garfey like this.