2016 Pre-DAKAR: arrival, START podium ceremony/PROLOGUE and LEG 0 liason thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Just read an interview to Botturi, both Yamaha and Ktm/HQ teams were down in Morocco for latest tests and RB practices. They were testing all together, even simulating race, alternating the start. The one who impressed the most Botturi (by the way when he started first no one was able to cartch him:D) was Walkner. Not for his speed (and he can be as fast as Barreda/Quintanilla/Price etc) but for his clever strategies... So it's Speedy or Walkner to me:-)
  2. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:

Speedy will get spanked by Toby.

I seem to recall Toby was so fast last year he was able to race ahead then wait.

Waiting in Dakar is unheard of.

Is there any detail on what Honda has actually done to the Crf or is it more algorithms ?
    dooby likes this.
  3. ZequeArgentina

ZequeArgentina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Luckily flooding is mostly on northern east area, by Brazil and Paraguay borders. No impact on the race.

Regarding weather, currently it is really really hot. today in Buenos Aires is max 36 degrees, so teams will start to suffer hot from preparation before ramp!!

For first bivouac, conditions are better with some 25 degrees in Cordoba area, some rain expected
    Deadly99 likes this.
  4. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Fastest guy never wins. Smarts, experience, maturity, good luck.....qualities that earn the top spot of the podium :nod

Time will tell. I'd like to see Toby win but with experienced, fast riders competing against him...who knows :)
  6. Rato Molhado

Rato Molhado Psiconauta del inconsciente

Oddometer:
    I work near Tecnópolis exhibition centre and I can confirm a bunch of loaded trucks from the port have arrived. Yay! :clap
  7. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:
    Toby Price displays that he knows the winning recipe in a recent interview with the Maitland Mercury:

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au...ed-on-simple-approach-to-second-dakar-rally/

"It’s not won the first week. Half the field will maybe drop out by then because of injury or bike problems, so you’ve just got to play that first week really smart.

“Last year, Marc Coma won only one stage, like me, and ended up winning, so that proves you don’t have to win every single stage.

"A mistake, though, might cost you 45 minutes, and that’s a kick in the stomach that's hard to come back from.”

Maybe JBB will have also come to this realization and have a better result in 2016?
    Deadly99 likes this.
  8. wilkinsonk

Oddometer:
    Don't know how I missed the update on the Yamaha website (24 December), but they confirm it is a YZ engine.

http://www.yamaha-racing.com/dak...144/the-new-wr450f-rally-is-ready-for-dakar

"Over the last months, the Yamaha mechanics and riders have completed hard work on the new machine; fully equipped with the most advanced YZ engine and chassis technology ever developed, and optimized in terms of weight and design, the 2016 WR450F Rally looks promising."
    VxZeroKnots likes this.
  9. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    There was a question on the 2016 Dakar App - just got an update notice on the App Store so it's live - but it doesn't move the start any closer :D
  10. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

Maybe clever = lucky :jack

I understand that they ran the Merzouga 2015 road book when testing, so the guys who rode Merzouga would certainly have an advantage at testing only 2 months after the event?
  11. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    This dude is consistent and can take it or at least podium if he stays near the top daily... everyone overlooks him...
    dickosaurus and VxZeroKnots like this.
  12. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is this Map with POI's (green dots to click), and in the POI is a roadbook, who could draw the line to first bivouac. The first part is there.
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  13. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Just got the iPad/iPhone version , at first could not find in App Store , used the link from desktop Dakar site .
  14. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
  16. OldAndBusted

OldAndBusted Needs a little work...

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a 24 pack of this for the race. Robby better get on the podium or at least roll his car over a bunch of times for me!

Attached Files:

17. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    I have the banner in the shop , maybe I should bring it in the house for good luck . image.jpeg
  18. wilkinsonk

Oddometer:
    I'd rather kick it old school:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tobacco products or energy drinks..it's all the same.
  19. Simosez

Simosez go ride your bike.

Oddometer:
    With the old guard gone it is perfect timing for a new slogan.
    "The F5ORCE Awakens! The dark vs the light."
    Scottyridewhere? likes this.
  20. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    With the two Aliens now both in retirement, and a cast of a couple dozen new gun's hungry for the title... I was thinking along the lines of; :deal

"DAKAR WARS - the clones run amok..." :happay:happay:happay

or

"DAKAR trek - the next generation" :evil