2016 Pre-DAKAR: arrival, START podium ceremony/PROLOGUE and LEG 0 liason thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Linhares

Linhares OSM addicted

Oddometer:
    Laia Sanz yesterday:

[​IMG]
  2. ararat

ararat Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer:
    Auckland the land of the rain and clouds...
  3. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Dakar 2016: @LaiaSanz_ en la prólogo de ayer, los espectadores ayudando tras cruzar el río (Foto: @DamianBarisch )
    Dakar 2016: @LaiaSanz_ in yesterday prologue, the spectators helping after crossing the River (photo: @DamianBarisch)
  4. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did someone say WEATHERGATE?
  5. AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW on the IOS app I don't see driver 360 (Guo Meiling) in the standings anywhere. Is that team out after the crash?

EDIT TSC:

The Chinese crew officially withdrew overnight at the Rosario bivouac.
  6. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. cameron110

cameron110 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

yup showing as the first of many to come on the withdraw list. http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/withdrawals/cars.html#ancre

also here is the update on the spectators that got hit pulled over from the F5irehose

8. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    From Laia's Blog/Website (using Google Translate)

Link: http://mailing.logicmailing.com/new/viewnewsletter2.aspx?SiteID=12871&SID=7&NewsletterID=381230

The first stage of the rally had to be suspended due to torrential rains.

"We have been very cold, the wind pulled you off the road and fell rays. The scene was gruesome," said Laia Sanz.

The pilot KH-7 and the KTM Rally Factory Team lived a start in the prologue held yesterday when he stopped the bike on a wading.

The Dakar 2016 has started boiled and after almost 1,000 kilometers on tarmac, the competitors have been able to play only 11 kilometers from the prologue yesterday. And this Sunday the first stage has been suspended for security reasons due to the bad weather. Laia Sanz and the other participants of the motorcycle must complete the 404 km link and 227 other timed between Rosario and Villa Carlos Paz, but when they were still surprised way stretch them a heavy storm of rain, wind and lightning.

"We have been very cold because they had not warned us of what we would now find about 100 kilometers of the special has been to pour. It was a wind that pulled you off the road and fell rays. The scene was gruesome. It seen, Ruben Faria has been struck by lightning about 50 meters and has noticed in your body. After the organization has made us wait an hour and a half at a gas station until they have decided to cancel the special road and we followed other 300 kilometers to the camp. Now lacking see what happens the next day because look bad, "explained Laia Sanz on arrival at the bivouac of Villa Carlos Paz.

Weather aside, the race began with a start to the pilot KH-7 and the KTM Rally Factory Team in the course of the prologue, when his KTM 450 Rally stopped wading in water flow far and lost just over 3 minutes it delayed until the 115th place, at 3'43 "from the first. The last ranked ninth-best result edition bikes for a woman in the whole history of this test- lived a moment of trouble fortunately ended without serious consequences.

This was explained Laia: "Cross the bridge I passed not very fast, but I had the bad luck that had plenty of water and entered fully into the air filter I quickly lay the bike to get the water and fortunately took relatively little to get put. up. It was a shame because I was fine, but actually I can be very happy because I could have taken much longer or it could have been even disastrous. "

Although he finished far behind by that setback, the Corbera de Llobregat today started the race in 29th position in the first stage to be included in the group of priority drivers (those who wear the yellow bib).

Tomorrow the second stage will be held, including Villa Carlos Paz and Termas de Rio Hondo, with 786 kilometers in total, of which 336 will be timed, as long as torrential rains permit.

----------------------------------------------

I hadn't seen any reports of riders being hit by lightning. Certainly, not Ruben Faria!
    Carlos M and Deadly99 like this.
  9. ararat

ararat Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer:
    Auckland the land of the rain and clouds...
    nice vid from the prologue (thread is closed so i am posting here)