2016 Sandblast Rally - Cheraw, SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    Sandblast Rally

March 5, 2016

http://www.sandblastrally.com/

Registration will likely open late November or in December. Most of the details (price, schedule, rules) will be exactly like last year, so if you're new you'll learn a lot reading the "Supplemental Regulations" on the Sandblast Rally web site.

New to rallying in general? You definitely want to spend some time reading http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/Rally-University
    Almost any question you ask about general procedures is listed there.

Rules on event operations and bike classes are here:
    http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/rules

And this year... I plan to enter on my Husky TE610! :ricky

Anders
    godwinmt and WIsixfitty like this.
  2. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap

I think you should open the track!
    godwinmt likes this.
  3. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    I've seen the roads once or twice in my life... but that's not going to be enough to seed me up front. ;)
  4. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leave March 3rd open, we'll get you dialed in!

BC Moto Rally Racing Clinic is on!

Clinic registration and info: msreg.com/SandblastRallyClinic

BC Moto Rally Racing Clinic. Don't let the competition get a wheel on you. Come ride, learn and have fun! A comprehensive clinic giving tips and strategies on roll chart use, riding techniques, terrain reading, line selection, time keeping and practice, practice, practice!

The day will start with a brief "classroom session" followed with drills working on braking, cornering, riding techniques and conclude with plenty of practice on a simulated "rally stage" to put it all together. Whether you are a seasoned competitor, a novice rally racer, or maybe just interested in getting a taste of RallyMoto, this is a great chance to get accustomed to the sand while shaking off the cobwebs with tons of seat time. The class will utilize three sections of Sand Hills Forest roads unique to this clinic and are closed to the public. Rider safety is most important, while we encourage everyone to work on improving their skills and speed, this is a time to prepare for the race, not race day. Save the "little extra" for the Sandblast Rally!

Sign in starts at 8:00 AM, class will start at 8:30 AM and conclude at 5:00 PM with a break for lunch.

Participants will use their personal dual sport motorcycle and are responsible for their own fuel and lunch. The group will be going to a local restaurant or you are welcome to pack a sack lunch.

Space is limited, don't miss out!

Clinic registration and info: msreg.com/SandblastRallyClinic
  5. dwdantzler

dwdantzler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If all goes well I will finally be entering this event. Have wanted to for years.
  6. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    So does that mean you plan on holding the clinic again BC? Was a great time last year!
  7. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Plan to, need to finalize the land use.
  8. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    If godwinmt needs a pit (service) bitch I may be in for the clinic and then just watch or help at the race :deal
    godwinmt likes this.
  9. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    There's no trophies for watching either.
    Country Doc likes this.
  10. johnson357

Oddometer:
    True but there are no trophies for finishing on the podium either. With the money you spend going to get treated like an after thought at NASA races you could do the NORRA race.
  11. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    come on down, we'll try to get on the podium for post race beers. I'll even bring you a trophy.
  12. emmodg

emmodg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aaaaaaaaaand so it begins!

I'm in.
  13. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure there are!
    [​IMG]
    godwinmt likes this.
  14. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Long story Bill, stems from a conversation at Mag O about me spending a lot of money to go and didn't get great treatment and to boot finished 3rd but since there were not enough people in the class no trophy. So I'm taking my beating for bringing up the way for them to make it a better series to get middle aged guys with disposable income to show up, you should send them home with something, for starters. I mean my degree isn't in Marketing but it seems a good way to spread the good word about who you are and oh yeah how about sell a shirt or sticker. I mean those class trophies they gave us for Sandblast couldn't cost 5 or 10 bucks. I raced in lots of different race series and I'm no expert but I've seen some grow and others go away. They just need all the races to be the same and not a after thought for the moto guys. Plus I know I'll get one for beer drinking its the only thing I'm good at anymore.
  15. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are in again, now to break it to the wife Hopefully wont have snow storm on the way down again
  16. Doug Mo

Doug Mo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hum, May be time to eat fried chicken for breakfast again
    FreeTheBeast likes this.
  17. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear you. While I think at most events the bike guys are part of the main event, there have been a time or two where at the end of the day it didn't feel that way. I don't think it's intentional on the promoters part but it has happened.
  18. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    I might have to pack up the pickem-up truck and make the trek south for this. :1drink

I'm just a little reluctant to put my bike on the hitch hauler and be subject to the inevitable salt spray I'm going to get up in these northern regions. Maybe I can bring a few new racers along to justify pulling a trailer.

As for the whole expectations thing, I pretty much go into things like this expecting nothing at all. I look at Rallymoto as an off-road track day. I can go as fast as I want, on relatively safe roads whilst having a safety net of people around me just in case I need a little help. I thought Anders did a pretty good job at MO and BRS of representing the bike guys at the awards ceremony. The cars are the main focus and biggest money bringer to Nasa Rallysport. That's business.

If I go, I am definitely interested in the BC clinic.
    seasider likes this.
  19. johnson357

Oddometer:
    6-fiddy.......definitely don't use the hitch hauler!!!!!! I did that last year it trashed my bike with salt. But of the ones I've done Sandblast was best lots of fun and like I said I'll just go down to crew and ride in the BC clinic it was a good time, good learning, and well organized.
  20. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the salt was horrid on the 450 with the hitch hauler...never again...didn't get it as bad as Scott's 450X, but my rims will never be the same. If you can make it down to Seymour, IN, we can wash it right away, and load it in the enclosed trailer for the rest of the trip.