2016 Tour de France ** alerte spoil **

Discussion in 'Sports' started by enduro0125, Jun 13, 2016.

1. MisterD

MisterD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bugger. You wouldn't know it in the New Zealand press though, the number one story is Julian Savea dropped to the bench for the Super Rugby playoffs.
  2. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is big news...curious news.
  3. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Talk about tough. I hope he heals up fast.
  4. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Checking for mechanical doping

Ooh la la
    Ridge likes this.
  5. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Froome doesn't need to use a motor, he has multiple TUE's for that LOL
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    Into week three and I think I'm losing my legs/stamina. I may not have what it takes to wear the XXXXL yellow pizza stained shirt.
  7. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Got busy last Friday and have gotten a case of the fuckitts

Mechanical doping chic has a nice monitor
    Jurgen likes this.
  8. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap
    What a ride by Bardet. Props. Impressive.

I really feel for Mollema, what a shit day for him.

And respect to Froome. He really is riding a tough/impressive race this year. Also impressive response by Sky at 3km to go. Porte and Quintana attack, they see Froome can't respond. Two Sky riders to the front to slow it down. Not mentioned by the commentators, but a nice block/disruption.

Ok commentators, I've been watching more via Gold than Direct (this year I have both options... next year it will just be Gold) I know you are British/Australian and biased towards English speaking countries... But come on people for 90% of the race...."Froome, Froome, Porte Porte Yates Porte, Froome Porte, oh by the way Bardet is in front of Porte Porte Porte Porte Froome Yates Froome Froome Yates Porte, oh yeah some Dutch guy is actually in second Froome Porte Yates..."

Not until Mollema is in real trouble or Bardet begins to move do they even get mentioned.
  9. theboxers

theboxers Getting Out There

Oddometer:
    You need Eurosport and Carlton and Sean :thumbup
    https://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/in...with-eurosport-commentator-carlton-kirby.html
    Wildman likes this.
  10. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    I actually like the Australian guy with Robbie McEwen, though they like all of NBC just lean a bit too far into only speaking of guys from English speaking countries.
    Paul and Phil are ok, I don't dislike them. But I think I've heard them too many times, the cliches have become cliche.
  11. Ridge

Ridge Faster than farm equipment... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll have to do Gold next year.
  12. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    Bonus is you get all the classics so don't wait until July
    Rumor of a price increase too

Great stage so far today
    Ridge likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    It has been part of my cord cut experiment-- BTW Gold does stream on Roku devices. It isn't perfect. Due to my schedule I prefer to watch slightly time shifted with some fast forwarding, you can only do this 15 minutes after the live broadcast is over. I like to start while the live is on... and usually finish about 30 minutes behind the live, so that kind of sucks for me. I am looking forward to watching a bit of the Vuelta and the Classics-- all stuff I've never seen.

But with this, and a cough em sputter cough cough "shared" MotoGP subscription I will be cancelling my DirectTV at the end of this bill.Will be nice to not be paying $100/month. There are shows I'll miss, but between Amazon Prime and Netflix I'll have more than enough TV to rot my brain.

Edit: Today is a perfect example of what is wrong with their lack of ability to time shift. I went to Gold right after posting here. Too close to the end 5k left -I was hoping to be about mid race. ( I think). So, I'd have to stay awake another hour to start watching rather than being able to fall gently asleep to the early stages of the race. Then waking up, figuring out where to start and finishing the day's race.
    Ridge likes this.
  14. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Good night. :wave I'm going to dream that I'm being inspected for mechanical doping now. :D
  15. enduro0125

Oddometer:

:wave

You'll really enjoy today's stage
  16. Ridge

Ridge Faster than farm equipment... Supporter

Oddometer:
    We cut the cord from Directv last year and switched over to Tivo Roamio. I get all the streaming apps through it (except Gold of course) and it DVRs my OTA antenna in HD. Tivo subscription is $15/month to get their guide and interactive UI to find/record all episodes of a show whether OTA or streaming. Even with that monthly cost, iTunes Radio, and Netflix... I'm still saving $100/month. Roku is next off the bench if Tivo goes tits up.
  17. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Jurgen, I'm thinking about Sling TV. I'm new to this, but it sounds like I need a Roku box to use the service. I love to record sports and watch them on my schedule. Do you know if this is possible with Roku?
  18. MisterD

MisterD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You know, I think Froome managed his post-crash ride without ever having to look in "the suitcase of courage"
  19. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    I have no idea if you can record on Roku... What I'm going to spend a bit of time figuring out is how to have Roku go through my surround sound... and if it'll work in stereo or even surround. Right now I have a previous generation Roku stick hooked into my second TV which has no "system" attached.

I am somewhat interested in recording as well. Luckily, as a Broncos fan, I get the vast majority of Broncos games --ABQ always shows Cowboys/Broncos--- via "standard TV" but due to my schedule I'd like to start watching around 3:30 rather than 2:15... Other than Broncos, MotoGP and the TdF I'll won't be watching much sports for the next couple of years.
  20. nickguzzi

nickguzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just watched 21st stage. Not exciting racing, about what was expected despite the nice helicopter views.
    Greipel threw a strop, but the testosterone won him the finish.