2016 Touratech Rally East, Huntingdon, PA Aug 18-21, 2016

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Sno Dawg, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    ....... we needed a new thread for the 2016 rally ~ I hope this does not offend anyone.

2016 Touratech Rally East, Huntingdon, PA Aug 18-21, 2016

http://www.touratechrally.com
    http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/PN-TTRALLY16-E/Touratech-Rally-EAST-2016

cWAObB-3.jpg
    From the Touratech website:
    August 18-21 outside Huntingdon, PA

In 2015 Touratech hosted its first annual East Coast Adventure Rally. 4 days of camping and riding in beautiful Pennsylvania. In 2016 we're excited to build on the event we started and make it even better! This year there will be more food, showers, more routes, more riders, more vendors and more fun!!

It doesn't matter what you ride (as long as it's street-legal) or what your experience level is there is fun to be had for EVERYONE!

Use the drop down menu to select your registration:

Rider Full Pass: This registration provides one motorcycle rider entry to the rally for the duration of the event. This pass includes access to all rides, speakers, and skills challenges. This does NOT include parking for a truck or trailer at the rally (available separately).

Rider + Passenger Full Pass: This registration provides one rider and one motorcycle passenger entry to the rally for the duration of the event. This pass includes access to all rides, speakers, and skills challenges. This does NOT include parking for a truck or trailer at the rally (available separately).

Single Friday Only: This registration provides one person entry to the rally on Friday (8/19/2016) only. This pass includes access to all rides, speakers, and skills challenges taking place on Friday. This does NOT include parking for a truck or trailer at the rally (available separately).

Single Saturday Only: This registration provides one person entry to the rally on Saturday (8/20/2016) only. This pass includes access to all rides, speakers, and skills challenges taking place on Saturday. This does NOT include parking for a truck or trailer at the rally (available separately).

Truck and Trailer Parking Pass: This additional registration is required to park a vehicle and/or trailer (other than a motorcycle) at the rally site for the duration of the event. If you are driving a vehicle to the rally and need to park it on site this is REQUIRED. You are welcome to camp in your vehicle and/or trailer at the rally site with this parking pass.

The ticket pricing is time sensitive. The earlier you purchase, the more you save!

Rider Rider + Passenger Sale Period
    Preseason Purchase $90.00 $170.00 12/1/2015 – 4/30/2016
    Standard Purchase $100.00 $190.00 5/1/2016 – 7/31/2016
    Last Call Purchase $110.00 $200.00 8/1/2016 – 8/17/2016

More information will be added to this page as it becomes available.
    • Second Annual Touratech Rally EAST
    • Motorcycle Riding
    • Skills Challenges
    • Classes
    • Guest Speakers
    • Free Camping
  2. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    Is it going to be at same location.
    Same cow pasture as last year ?
  3. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    Tickets purchased, can't wait!
  4. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes - same cow pasture
    my dog loved it there, a lot of places to run, things to smell, stuff to roll in and ?? to eat

Sno Dawg
  5. ScotchCrystal

ScotchCrystal n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi lads, any details, more info about this event? How many people usually participates? What kind of bikes?

I am interested in the 2016 Touratech West, Plain, are you going to open a new topic about this one? Thanks! :)
  6. Tengai650

Tengai650 Random Task

Oddometer:
    $30 a night x 3 (early bird "special") to camp in some jerkwad's field (or $50 for one day), $25 to park a truck or trailer if that's how you "ride in," and $13 for a breakfast burrito?
    I'll pass. Durty Dabbers and Seven Mountains offer more for the money.
    clown head and JosephJ like this.
  7. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice, do you know the family?
    Seen how beautiful the property is?

Just wondering'

Jack
  8. Tengai650

Tengai650 Random Task

Oddometer:
    No, I don't know the family, but I live in the area. There's a lot of beautiful property around here, and camping is dirt cheap (or even free if you play it right). I used to organize rides and clinics. I hosted camping/lodging on my property, arranged for free camping at a winery and at cut a virtually-free deal at a for-profit campground.
  9. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good evening Mark,
    Thank you for your honest comments. This thread is designed to provide information for those who might be interested in exploring the beautiful area in which you live. It clearly states on the Touratech registration page (I have no affiliation with Touratech or the land owners) that camping is free and the registration money is for guided rides and clinics during the three days. It is a wonderful area that you live and many do not get the opportunity to ride there, and they need guided tours and events like this to open the door and hopefully treat it with respect. I attended this event last year and although in my opinion it was a bit on the expensive side, I learned a lot from the expert discussions about suspension settings, to varied types of motorcycle touring and various off road riding techniques. Another reason to attend an event like this is for the conversation and camaraderie of like-minded really-fun people. Sitting around the fire, sharing stories, meeting the guys and girls who love motorcycle riding like I do is worth it. I have attended nearly 50 or 60 rallies over the last 15 years similar to this from many Pine Barren 500s, to big bike enduros to a BMW Race Qualifier in California about 4 years ago, and I can say that for me last year's Touratech Rallye East was worth it. I am unclear as to why you decide to slander a thread and the land owners, and question the cost of the rallye with little actual knowledge of the event. When you have started threads on this forum and have asked to camp in peoples yards with your son, ADV Riders offered their homes to you openly - no one questioned your intentions or your price point. I would think that you would openly welcome people to your area and perhaps help to lead rides to the secret single track that you might know. I am going to send you a PM with my contact information and hopefully we can discuss this further and possibly take a ride together.

If you would like to experience the event, I would gladly chip in with others to pay for your registration to ride with you for a day.

Take care,
    Jeff - Sno Dawg
    Philadelphia, PA
    biggziff, honkytonking, mslow and 4 others like this.
  10. juames

Oddometer:
    I agree with Jeff.

As someone who organizes rallies myself, I know the hard work that goes into them and think the price for the TT rally in reasonable. If you think otherwise you are free not to attend...no need to start name calling.

Your comments are definitely in bad taste.
    Sno Dawg likes this.
  11. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    For comparison there is a nice state park a few miles from the rally... they charge 29.50 a night for a site with electric... no rally stuff included.
  12. Joebmetro

Joebmetro 18 Husky 701E Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got back from vacation and my wife is going through the mail and comes across a package of health magazines concerning HIV and Hepatitis C, first thing she said "is there something you want to tell me"

Looking at the package it was from touratech, addressed to me but on the back was a label from the Post office apologizing for damaging my package.
    I'm thinking they attached my label to the wrong package unless "there's something they're trying to tell me about the rally"

Could someone from touratech make sure they resend whatever it was
    Here's a few pictures for a laugh

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  13. Joebmetro

Joebmetro 18 Husky 701E Supporter

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg
  14. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    If Pamela Anderson is going i will be there.

In keeping with my mother advice " if you can say anything positive don't say anything at all.

I will say this, as far as riding goes. my group stumbled across the best big bikes friendly single track we have ever road. And those who know me know i had done some riding.
    It was truly incredible. It was actually groomed with beermed curves. It was gated so atv could not get to it. I barely had inches of clearance to squeeze my bmw jugs threw. It was in the state park and completely legal.
    It was not one of the suggested routes, but it was directly off one of them
    There is other nice riding there as well but the stuff on suggested route was a little boring for me but other may find it perfect
    Pastor Chris, Sno Dawg and juames like this.
  15. juames

Oddometer:
    Phil, you going to the rally again this year so you can the way?
  16. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    That price is per site not per person. I have camped in PA before. It's very reasonable with a couple bikes & tents per site. Just saying....

I understand the time it takes for volunteers to put these things together but for a company one would assume they already pay people to promote, to make calls, to collect money and send out mailings (emails). I don't understand why they charge so much more than volunteers for events.
  17. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    CAMPING
    I am pretty sure camping is free - the other events, classes, guest speakers, skill challenges and clinics are what you are paying for.

SET UP OF RALLYE HOSTING SPACE
    There is a long road in to the farm were they check you along the way and see that you have registered for the event when you are entering so it is not possible to camp elsewhere and then ride to the event. All of the classes, clinics, camping and activities are at the end of the road. The rides begin and end at the rallye staging point on the farm at the end of the road.

BTW - Camping is free.

Thanks,
    Jeff - Sno Dawg

PS as I understand it ..... Free camping at the event - your registration fee is for guided rides, clinics, skill challenges, and guest speakers.
  18. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    BUMP -
  19. bighoss550

bighoss550 Grade "A" fancy

Oddometer:
    Can someone who did 2015 outline a bit better how the days map out with activities etc. any days better then others if people cant hit all days?.. any items/events not to be missed? bring $500 cash to buy a touratech titanium camping spork? lol any pointers or things you'll do differently this year knowing what was noticed/learned last year

A group of us are highly considering, just tying to understand more than what is posted. thanks for any assistance.
  20. bighoss550

bighoss550 Grade "A" fancy

Oddometer:
    FYI - from touratech support/chat

Iain_TT-USA: OK, I just talked with the guy planning the rally. He says the gates open on Thursday around noon. Thursday is just an arrival day so there isn't much happening.