2017 Dakar PRE EVENT (collect data) preparation and discussion THREAD.

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Myway, Mar 1, 2016.

1. charapa

charapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
    Lyndon just came thru last Saturday and visited us at AROUND THE BLOCK MOTO ADVENTURES here in Huanuco, central Peru! It was our privilege to sponsor him in 2013. This time we got him a new rear tire ( https://www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing/ after slicing his tire 5 hours from us ) and some brake pads, plus some info on the best routes through Peru!
    upload_2016-12-10_20-23-47.jpeg
  2. too old

too old Keen supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting, as all riders seem to carry their phones for emergency contact, photographs and just the comfort of having it with you. I'm not sure how you would get a practical advantage at the sharp end though as you would be losing time and it would be very hit and miss to be using the phones GPS?

Will be interesting to see if it's policed - if so, no on course selfies?
  3. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    And also the WPS changed from 3000m to 800 m like the WPM

[​IMG]
    ferals5 and keepshoveling like this.
  5. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey folks, just checking in while downloading all the footage from my cameras from the last couple of Epic weeks riding through Peru. I'm 2500 km from Asuncion and it's been a big push to get down here from the Arctic Circle to the start of the Dakar some 50% off-road. Tomorrow I will cross into Bolivia and scoot across there. It's been an Epic ride but trying to fit training and filming all in the same schedule has been a challenge.....great prep for Dakar though.

As Dave Lomax has already mentioned briefly in this thread, we are planning to film and release a special feature movie about my Dakar 2017 effort as part of my "Races to Places" (ride around the world racing rallies) series. It's been a long road negotiating with the ASO and the powers that be to pull this off, unfortunately it's not as easy as just saying "hey, I'm going to film myself and make a video", there is much more to it than that, legally and contactually etc. Thankfully, the agreement with the ASO is in place and we are all systems go. The length of the feature is limited by the ASO, not ourselves, we've done what we can there and will keep working on it.

Both myself and the Adventure Spec team want to deliver a quality piece of work as we always strive to achieve. Any special requests or things you might like to see in such a feature, please let us know. Preferably send Dave Lomax and myself so that we can collate these requests and make it happen, if you reply to this thread we are likely to miss is and we don't want that.

I'm excited to be racing Dakar again and especially looking forward to racing Rex, without luggage and quite a few pounds lighter than Basil. More than anything though, I'm looking forward to filming and sharing my experience with you all.

We also have plans in place for daily updates from "Races to Places on Dakar" so don't worry about that, it'll all be there at a click of button for you.

Right, I've got to crack on and also try and get some sleep from time to time, although I guess this is all good practice for Malle Moto.

(EDITED): Product placements go to vendors please... this has been an ongoing thing for several years now - please keep any commercial support stuff out of this thread...

regards, Troy (courtesy of the management)

Adios Amigo(a)'s, see you in Asuncion!

TonyKZ1, Guinness1, sick_boy and 9 others like this.
  7. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [Quote = "Myway, de la publicación: 31002322, miembro de: 46361"] fuente

etapa 10

En La Rioja, el 11 y 12 de enero

Del Pino detalló la sección que pasar a través de nuestra provincia "Los competidores llegan el 11 de enero; Existe la Salta - Chilecito sección stage.That en la carrera entra por el norte, por todo lo que es la ruta 40 que entra por Alpasinche, pasando por Famatina. hasta llegar a Chilecito.The noche del 11 de instalar el camping en el camping de la judicial y duermen there.The 12, temprano, salir por la Cuesta de Miranda de Villla Castelli.In Villa Castelli no es la velocidad especial que terminará en Guandacol .que la noche duermen en San Juan y el 13 que hacen que el San Juan - Río Cuarto etapa, que puede ser un tramo especial de velocidad allí, y en ese caso, la competencia será más y todo lo que es la asistencia de Chepes y Ulapes, "dijo. .[/CITAR]

Attached Files:

beechum1 and Myway like this.
  8. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Esa FUE la largada del Dakar 2011 y probablemente largada en 2017: en El Condado (Villa Castelli - La Rioja)
  9. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was the start of the Dakar 2011 and probably started in 2017: in El Condado (Villa Castelli - La Rioja)

Hello Oso, nice to have a Spanish speaking on the forum. Enjoy it.

In 2015. Stage 3 was 220 km, this could be for the most part in opposite direction, the first part of SS in 2017 stage 10
    2015 then it was the start of the moto stage.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The stage started then in Guandacol pdf zone espectadores see the picin pdf, page 12, this was the stage where Carl Hagenblad was out of competition.
  10. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Claro, Ahora largaran en Villa Castelli, Vinchina Hasta Rio Arriba, Pozuelos, Jague por el rio, Cruzan bajo puente de la Ruta 76, Quebrada del Yeso y Guandacol acabado (neutralización).

Of course, now they will leave in Villa Castelli, upstream to Vinchina, Pozuelos, Jagüe by the river, cross under route bridge 76, Quebrada del Yeso and Guandacol finish (neutralization)
    beechum1 likes this.
  11. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    4895 msnm en Abra de Acay por Ruta 40 cerca de San Antonio de Los Cobres

Attached Files:

12. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Screenshot_20161202-015429.png
    beechum1 likes this.
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Oso, estaremos en contacto ya acercando. Voy hacer las rutas que pueda con los datos encontrados por el Internet. A ver si me puedes ayudar comparrre.
    ferals5 likes this.
  14. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Perfect, I'm also doing routes now for the Dakar 2017
    perfecto, Yo tambien estoy haciendo rutas ahora del Dakar 2017
  15. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Source

SUR LA ROUTE DE CHILECITO

[​IMG]
    Published on11 December 2016

After the journey-bivouac-filming-silting, we dreamed of a good shower, a good bed ... None of this! The recognitions have their harshness. My memory has already erased the name of the perfectly "rudimentary hotel that welcomed us that night at San Blas de Los Sauces. Barely a trickle of water in a dusty shower, moss-mattresses that take the form of your body: one lodges in very very rustic.

[​IMG]

Luis Alberto even preferred to mount his tent under the three puny trees that separate our palace from the petrol pump of the village. Francesco Rometo, who manages the logistics of the equipment, laughs with us: "There we are really badly fallen.You will tell me the rooms are 5 Euros; And in any case, there was nothing else when we made the decision to stop. That night, the memory of the more bizarre bivouac of the day before left us almost regret ...

[​IMG]

Potential tourists who read these lines, just avoid this place and rest assured: there are a thousand and one very comfortable hotels in the Argentine Northwest.

After an unforgettable night, we prepare, cautious, the coffee ourselves with the espresso machine (but yes!) Installed in the car of Tiziano and set out towards Chilecito.

[​IMG]

Quick check that the bivouac (a huge campsite glued to the aerodrome) is always practicable and road to the departure of the Special N ° 10.

An immense valley nestled in the heart of sumptuous red mountains leads us above Chilecito. On the link to the departure, one has to stop and wait until bulldozers and shovelers finish part of their work on a stretch of this long mountainous false flat.

[​IMG]

Argentina is looking after its tourist areas. The tired tar coil will soon be a more pleasant and safe 3/4 lane road.

Break from the 10thspecial stage of the Dakar 2017. We chat with Coma: "I tell you something, Keke: one that leads to the general at the end of this stage, you can tell yourself that it is almost Sure to have won the rally ".

[​IMG]

This kind of affirmation is so rare in the mouth of the Clerk of the Course that he is asked to develop: "You will see, it is very hard, very physical and navigation will also play a lot. This is the big step of the second week. "Francesco Rometo adds: "It feels like knowing the corner by heart but you will see, there are canyons that have never been made".

[​IMG]

We do not know yet, but this special will cost us two days and some memorable efforts.

Posted by Jean-Francois Kerckaert
    cheekorollo, Gian and Oso Planas like this.
  16. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stage 9 ASS then they take Alpasinche RN 40 to Cilechito
    From the desert 1 ? in province La rioja.
    Or 2 ? This one is in province Catamarca, where race is done.
    Or 3 ? !! La Rioja.
  17. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ENLACE CHILECITO - ALPASINCHE.jpg
    Bluebull2007 likes this.
  18. Oso Planas

Oso Planas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On the blue line ENLACE from Alpasinche to Chilecito at the end of stage 9 for this next Dakar 2017, From Alpasinche to the Northeast is the desert of Belen, there if they will pass in Dakar 2017 (but the red lines are routes of other races there previously ... not now), the violet lines to the West are close to Tinogasta (they will not pass by in 2017).

En linea azul ENLACE desde Alpasinche a Chilecito al finalizar la etapa 9 para este proximo Dakar 2017, Desde Alpasinche hacia el Noreste es el desierto de Belen, por allí si pasaran en Dakar 2017 (pero las lineas rojas son rutas de otras carreras realizadas allí anteriormente... no de ahora), las lineas violetas hacia el Oeste son cercanas a Tinogasta (tampoco pasaran por ahí en 2017).
  19. tileman

tileman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know this is jumping ahead however my father in law (I'm in Argentina with extended family) has read that the start of the 2018 Dakar will be in Ushuaia.
  20. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    That's waaaaaaaaay to buggery down the bottom...? :nod

wonder how that gels with @too old 's theory about "no cold climates for DAKAR" ...?! :wink: (when we were talking about the Silk Way/Mongolia)... and what the possibility of the DAKAR (january date) going to that part of the World? :ear