2017 Ducati Multistrada 950

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Mobiker, Nov 7, 2016.

1. StormShearon

StormShearon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can also check out sw-motech racks and cases at at Twisted Throttle.
    Babbitt likes this.
  2. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered the comfort seat today, thanks for your insights.
    Moto45 likes this.
  3. Requiem84

Requiem84 Riding around the world @gravelforbreakfast.com

Oddometer:
    I had the bike for 1 riding season. Never had so many false neutrals on a bike ever..
  4. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 CRF1000L Africa Twin , WR250F

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately that's a ducati characteristic

Not sure why they have never sorted it out.
    Falp likes this.
  5. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I asked Ducati customer services about this here is the reply

Because the 2019 models are still in various stages of being released, some of the information for specific part numbers and systems are not available yet internally. That being said I do know that the 2019 Multistrada 950 is only going to be available as an S model, meaning that some of the features are unique between it and the base model that will be sold in other markets. To be more specific, the cruise control feature found on the 2019 Multistrada 950 S will almost certainly require replacement of the wiring harness and ECU. Also, I believe that the only adjustability found on the 950 line comes from optional accessory low/high/comfort seats. Unfortunately the part numbers for these aren't yet visible to me though.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
    Falp and bobw like this.
  6. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:

Thanks for the follow up. It was good of them to reply with a fairly detailed "I don't know" and at least they took a moment to see if there was a schematic and/or parts list they could access.

Now that the OEMs have had a chance to introduce their new stuff at the the shows there isn't anything that changed my short list beyond my initial drooling over wanting all the new shiny toys. My schedule and Mother Nature have been in conflict as of late so I hope we get a day or two of decent Winter weather to make the long ride (in opposite directions of course) to check out two great 950 options that are still available and also be able take a decent test ride.

Thanks again :beer
  7. neuemond

neuemond n00b

Oddometer:
  8. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I recall you had nothing but negative comments about the bike and how it was woefully underpowered and didn’t do this and that. Perhaps you should contact Ducati and seek reimbursement for your pain and suffering as it seems to be a chronic issue. Hopefully, you’ve found your perfect bike that checks all your boxes.
    Chrismcp12 and kltk1 like this.
  9. Requiem84

Requiem84 Riding around the world @gravelforbreakfast.com

Oddometer:
    You mean this feedback on 21 November?

I am currently on a rtw trip on an AT750.. (did 30.000 km since June and I just left Pakistan) and there are many days I really miss the MTS950 to be honest. Might consider the 950s when I get back. false neutrals shouldn't be a problem with the quickshifter. But then again.. the lack of HP might frustrate at one point.

Regarding your comment, try not to feel personally attacked when someone says something negative about a bike :). And more importantly, think twice before embarrassing yourself by saying some bullshit about me, because it's not nice to put some ridiculous stuff in someone's mouth when it obviously is off the mark.
  10. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can’t deny most of your posts were negative. Most people join or follow a particular ADV thread to research a potential purchase or add value to the discussion. You seem intent on harping about what you dislike about the bike even after you sold it. Enjoy your trip and safe travels.
    kltk1 likes this.
  11. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and love

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes
    @Moto45 @Requiem84 Come on guys, knock it off.
    Let's keep this thread about the bike.
    If you must, take your bickering to private messages.

Thanks
    CA Stu, Mod.
    bobw and Falp like this.
  12. K1W1

K1W1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I assume you mean only available as an S model in the USA. This is a world wide forum and people from all over the world read it and are often given misinformation because of lack of identification of locations.
    There is definitely a base model 2019 950 MTS that is shown on Ducati’s web site.
    Falp likes this.
  13. Babbitt

Babbitt Vermin wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am curious about people experience with the 950 off road. The discussion here seems to be against much off road use. While it is clearly not a KLR or KTM would you say it is equivalent to vstrom 650 off road?

I enjoy gravel and two track but am not interested in technical off road work.

Thanks
  14. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And only in red :(
  15. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry this was from the North American rep
  16. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ride mine on a gravel road regularly in the summer to my cabin and I owned a Vstrom 1000 in another life and I would say it would be close to equivalent, on Gravel

Attached Files:

Babbitt likes this.
  17. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    "I assume you mean only available as an S model in the USA."

It wasn't "his" reply as I read his post, but the shared response from Ducati Customer Service that did in fact mention model availability being different in other markets.

"I do know that the 2019 Multistrada 950 is only going to be available as an S model, meaning that some of the features are unique between it and the base model that will be sold in other markets."

Cheers
  18. Babbitt

Oddometer:
    How would you compare the 950 to the 1000?

The Ducati seems like a much higher performance bike.

19. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would bet in enduro mode it would be the same as the Vstrom in HP but the vstrom would be lacking in suspension and throttle response I was speaking in very general terms more in reference to the 19/17 tire size, that's why I capitalized Gravel on the tarmac it is a COMPLETELY different animal

Edit to add the Vstrom was 13 years ago, since then there has been several other bikes KTMs Triumph Kawis Moto guzzis other Ducatis Husqvarnas... things get blurry for old guys :)
    bobw and Babbitt like this.
  20. Babbitt

Oddometer:
    That makes sense. I am looking for more performance on the pavement and acceptable of road.

Does anyone use top loading side cases? I have had bikes with each kind and find the top loading easier to live with.