2017 Ducati Multistrada 950

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Mobiker, Nov 7, 2016.

1. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Check those 2 videos out. Gravel and lite off road is no problem.

Babbitt likes this.
  2. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Capable? No doubt. Just hope you don’t have to pick it up by yourself in some remote location. Especially on uneven ground. I dropped mine once after failure to recognize how top heavy it is. Just got a little off center at standstill and down she went. There was no chance of saving it without risk of injury and being crushed beneath. I’m amazed how the weight of this bike feels so insignificant at speed. I learned the hard way to be extra cautious at a stop. For those that are determined, I highly recommend adequate crash protection for yourself and the bike. The plastic hand guards and indicators will be the first to go followed by very expensive painted parts.
    Babbitt likes this.
  3. idc1233333

idc1233333 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, I recently just rented a 950 for a few days while in Italy. I currently ride an 04 R1150GSA and I haven't been interested in upgrading or even looking at other brands for that matter, so before now I knew nothing about Ducati. After this however, I would not shy away from one. Due to the time of year, and the lack of motorcycles available to rent, I jumped on the opportunity to rent a 2018 Multistrada 950. I only rode about 500 miles, but the majority of the miles were steep winding switchbacks through the mountains and small villages of Tuscany. The bike handled everything phenomenally thanks to its ABS and traction control. Many of the roads I was on were wet, mossy, leafy roads only wide enough for a car and a half, and I never once worried about loosing control on them. The traction control was smooth to engage and the abs was not too intrusive. On the highway the wind protection was very good, with an easy to adjust windscreen. Even when riding in temperatures down to mid 30's I was comfortable, my only complaint was that mine wasn't equipped with heated grips. I thought my GSA handled well until I rode this, the handling was light and nimble and within a mile of riding I felt super confident and right at home. The cable operated clutch was light and smooth (lighter than my hydraulic clutch) however, a few times the transmission would seem to float between gears. For example, I'd shift up from 2nd to 3rd, the dash would indicate the shift but when I'd apply throttle it was almost as if I were in neutral. It happened two or three out of hundreds of shifts, and could've been due to my chucks and not actual riding boots. The seat could be more cushioned but never left me hurting after a full day of riding. The luggage was great too, the left pannier held my full size helmet and both of them were a little narrower than the width of the handlebars making it easy to filter through traffic. My favorite thing about the bike was the exhaust note, especially compared to a BMW. I'm not sure if Ducati's in Italy have a different factory exhaust than the US, but that bike sang when it was wound out, and was not lacking for power at all. I know it doesn't have the 160hp of the 1260, but the 950 easily rockets to 0-100kph in less than 4 seconds. If you've been considering one of these bikes I'd say take one for a test ride, you may be pleasantly surprised just like me. IMG_7959.JPG
  4. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tuscany and Ducati,,,,Nice
    dirtgirl200exc and idc1233333 like this.
  5. relayer4u

relayer4u Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Ducati USA configurator now shows the MSRP for the mag wheel MTS 950 S at $16,395
  6. Normallo

Normallo Dirt Convert

Oddometer:
    I installed the 2" Rox risers without any problems. You just have to take the cables out of the guides while you're installing the risers. After you've installed them you can re-route the cables back into the guides. There's plenty of play in the cable. IMG_20181219_205726.jpg
  7. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    F43CE3DF-EFB5-45C0-8D2F-F65454FC7893.jpeg 60 degrees in Appalachia today. For early January, I’ll take it. Never tire of rippin on the multi through the low valleys but hope the BRP gets reopened soon.
  8. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see the "like" button ...where is the hate....wait that's harsh the jealous button :) On the up side my tour pack arrived from Italy finally, ordered that and heated grips in Sept. the dealer forgot to order the heated grips and the side panels for the bags...Groan. hopefully they arrive before spring.
    This is the only riding I am doing

Attached Files:

twflybum and motrhead like this.
  9. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That looks like a blast, great photo. I’ve got to try that someday. As much as I like skiing and snowmobiling, that looks like the ultimate winter sport activity. I would be a little paranoid of hidden stumps though.

You’re going to love the heated grips. They interface nicely with the dash controls and the heat output is excellent. Along with the center stand and comfort seat, one of my favorite accessories.

Don’t stay jealous too long...snow is forecast this weekend.
  10. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    yah it's a blast and we have about 10' of snow on the ground in the mountains so not to much to worry about.

Attached Files:

11. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    now back to the 950 anyone using a power distribution module, where did you tie in to switched power?
  12. StormShearon

StormShearon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    dirtgirl200exc likes this.
  15. ontrip

ontrip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow 500 to eliminate the cat! Might as well put headers instead. Regardless, I prefer the cleaner running bike with the cat.
  16. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    .Maybe but a full system is closer to 1700 $ cdn
  17. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    Any details on where you rented that 950?
  18. idc1233333

idc1233333 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, it was Pisamotorent, all one word. It’s a husband and wife who own it Rebecca and Rudy. Rebecca speaks English well, Rudy so so. They were a pleasure to do business with
  19. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey what are you doing in here :)
    motrhead likes this.
  20. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    Trying to decide if I’m still going to Italy. Mugello and Tuscany. A Duc rental just might ... be fun.
    wmfleet2 and motrhead like this.