2017 Ducati Multistrada 950

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Mobiker, Nov 7, 2016.

1. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Thanks!
    idc1233333 likes this.
  2. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey all does anyone have an opinion on what engine guards work best on the 950, I was considering the Sw Motech I have had good luck in the past with them
  3. StormShearon

StormShearon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went with the SW-Motech and am very pleased with them. A lot less expensive than the stockers or the Altrider option. They were straight forward to install and as always from SW-Motech top quality.
  4. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks
  5. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    75E55733-57D3-4460-8C60-2757B29F704E.jpeg D368F35B-D371-4C08-AEAE-C90C643690F5.jpeg A couple of pics to help fight the winter blues...

Second annual service completed with no issues to report other than needing front brake lines bled. Slapped on a fresh set of Pirelli’s and she’s ready to rip. Loving the bike more everyday.
    motocopter, motoman12 and devildogg like this.
  6. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Workshop manual:pep I am not sure what Ducati is thinking ( or not thinking) or why they won't supply technical information to some of us enthusiasts, I say enthusiasts because maybe we are not their target demographic. The people that love to own ride and wrench on their own bikes, maybe they want to just target the rich elite that can afford to take their bikes to the dealer for a chain adjustment, although those guys probably wouldn't own 950's..... confusing. Does anyone have some idea how to petition Ducati for the information required. For me the only way to love and bond with a bike or brand is riding of course but also maintaining and preparing for it's next adventure and I am a guy that lives by the torque wrench (picture gorilla hands and mentality :) ) . Some of you may think that's corny or even ridiculous but others will understand we need tech information!!!!! any thoughts or ideas would be welcome
    dirtgirl200exc likes this.
  7. Davevand

Davevand n00b

Oddometer:
    I agree 100%, it is the only thing I hate about my Duc
    dirtgirl200exc likes this.
  8. Deathsoswiftly

Deathsoswiftly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there any news of Ducati going full 950 enduro?
    I just had a test ride of the 950 and WOW what a bike! Dealer said there's an enduro/touring "pack" that gets Touratech farkles as standard, bigger footpegs, bashplate and spoked wheels. However suspension and ground clearance remains the same, sadly.

Ducati, if you're up there listening.
    I'm ready to ditch a lot of the electronics like skyhook, cornering abs, hill control, tft dash, quick shifter and hell even cruise control for some of that 1200/1260 enduro suspension and ground clearance. I'll pay for it, Ducati.
    Having the best engine, chassis and gearbox followed by this suspension is a cruel joke.
    danketchpel and dirtgirl200exc like this.
  9. ontrip

ontrip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just saw the Ducati 950s at the Toronto show and at almost $20k it is as expensive as when the 1200 was launched.

However, now complete with the electronic suite including cruise, skyhook etc.

Thanks to our weak $ Ducati is getting so expensive in Canada where a Scrambler Icon now costs over $11 k.

Used bikes for me now.
  10. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crazy my 2018 with spoked wheels was 16K $CDN and I am very happy without all the electronics I would not have bought it if it had. I suppose the 20 k didn't include freight pdi and tax??? if you price a 1260 or a BMW GS :ace
  11. HotChilliColdBeer

HotChilliColdBeer Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer:
    I just picked up a new 2018 with spoked wheels for $12,200 USD. I too did not want all the electronics, so I'm very happy with the package the way it sits.

Charlie
  12. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap Nice.
  13. Deathsoswiftly

Deathsoswiftly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Found out that the big enduro only has 15mm more travel and maybe 20mm more ground clearance? Are there any aftermarket cartridge kits and shocks available for the Multistrada that would allow me to slightly raise the suspension?
  14. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me how much is the cost of the 30000km desmoservice?
  15. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    added some Heed crash guards, took me longer to decide if I wanted to put them than to actually put them on. Easy installation, they fit well, seem to be good quality came from Poland in 3 weeks, super well packed reasonably priced. IMG_20190220_160148.jpg
  16. motoman12

motoman12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I'm proud owner of new 2017 "left over" white. Picked up for 11,800. Couldn't say no!
    ontrip and Falp like this.
  17. motoman12

motoman12 Adventurer

Oddometer:

How do you like the tank bag? I thought of getting one but don't know about looking so far down to see the phone map
  18. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It works well for small items I need quick access to. Givi has larger bags but I like the small design best for my needs. Tank lock mechanism works great and is similar to SW Motech which also has many different styles of bags.

Congrats on the new bike. You got a great deal on the purchase.
    motoman12 likes this.
  19. motoman12

motoman12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks moto45!
    I noticed the mini cigarette lighter port. Not sure of the they are called, but my first thought was to install a Valentine One radar detector. Right under a Garmin.
  20. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    motoman12 likes this.