2017 Ducati Multistrada 950

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Mobiker, Nov 7, 2016.

1. plutoz

plutoz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow that's pretty terrible. I'll definitely be looking to buy used then. If this one wasn't in Las Vegas I might think about buying it and riding it home...
  2. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 CRF1000L Africa Twin , WR250F

Oddometer:
    I paid $600 to ship my Africa Twin from Tennessee to Utah when I bought it. Not the best price but not horrible. Would have spent more flying out and riding home (yes thats more enoyable... but if ya want a bike go for it)

If I didn't have my Africa Twin I'd be all over that one at that price as it was my first choice moto.. But dealers around here wouldn't drop the price on their old stock ones.
  3. Yukon42

Yukon42 n00b

Oddometer:
    Darn! I must have missed that one!! And I live in Vegas!! How much was it going for???
  4. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 CRF1000L Africa Twin , WR250F

Oddometer:
    2017 , 0 miles for $8500

I have taken it places that I Iikely wouldn't have taken a multistrada though. The AT really runs like a dirtbike offroad, honda really nailed that aspect. Just wish it had a little more HP & TQ
  5. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thoughts on an appropriate price for a new/leftover 2018 950 (not S)?
  6. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back out on the jet machine after a extended affair on the newly acquired Desert Sled. Holy moly what a thrill carving up mountain tarmac during the best season of the year. Such a plush, incredibly well performing bike. She’s booted with brand new sticky trail 2’s. After the first set, I couldn’t imagine a better tire for my preference.

Another late Fall this year in the Smokies.

459D0865-B273-4545-8237-7E0E02426325.jpeg F2FAC20E-1F14-42EC-B284-C0D4A7BAE256.jpeg
    Liberator, JaySwear, twflybum and 2 others like this.
  7. rbny

rbny Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great to see you back in the MTS 950 section! How many miles did you have on your trail 2's before replacing them?
  8. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    About 3,800 miles. The rear had plenty of life but the front was about 60% worn. I decided to replace them since it would have been another year before the next opportunity at service. As much as I ride mountain twisties with hard breaking conditions, I like having confidence where the rubber meets the road. With the 19” front our options are limited but I really didn’t think any other tire would be much better. I’ve learned to trust design engineers for the equipment they spec and not fool around with experimenting on my own.

I’ve not ridden the Multi in about 3 months after acquiring the Desert Sled and traveling out west. It was such a treat to get back in the saddle and has given me new found appreciation for what a fantastic bike it is. It felt like being in the cockpit of a rocket ship with the ergonomics, acceleration and superb breaking power. It certainly hasn’t changed my mind about it being one of the best bikes on the planet for performance sport touring. Now that I’ve got a Sled, she’ll probably never see the dirt again.
    Liberator likes this.
  9. ucwinters

ucwinters Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought a '17 MTS 950 demo this past week w/ 471 miles on the odometer. Got to ride it the past 2 days in the Texas hill country and really like it so far (but not the torture device that Ducati calls a seat). Will start ordering the needed accessories as the retirement budget dictates. Putting my '14 Super Tenere up for sale soon - great m/c but love the light weight of the MTS.

Attached Files:

twflybum and Falp like this.
  10. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats on your new bike, you’re really going to love it the more miles you rack up as the engine and gearbox break in. The Ducati comfort seat made a huge difference for me and I couldn’t tell any significant change in leg to ground reach. Best of luck with your new Italian beauty.
    ucwinters likes this.
  11. JaySwear

JaySwear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thinking this might be the replacement for my Scrambler. I love the peppy little Scrambler but it's no fun on rides longer than an hour or so. As weird as it is to say, my Streetfighter was just better on longer rides! Thinking a nice seating position, some plush suspension, and a windshield (I've never had one of those before!) might make this the perfect bike. I'm turning 31 in a week or so, and I could picture myself owning this for a while. So I wouldn't be too torn up about spending ~$12k on a bike. There's a 2018 demo locally that's been calling my name.
  12. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What model Scrambler do you own? I recently added a Desert Sled to my stable and it’s the perfect compliment to the Multi. Personally, I have no interest in taking the Multi off-road and that’s where the Sled really shines. You’re right about the benefits of the excellent suspension and wind protection but the real thrill is the 950’s engine. I can’t imagine needing any more hp than what it delivers. The superb brembo’s have also saved my ass a number of times. Of course I understand that owning two bikes may not be practical for everyone. It’s great to see folks catching on to what a fantastic bike this is.
  13. JaySwear

Oddometer:
    I have the Classic. It’s a fun little bike but I’m finding myself wanting a sports touring bike more than anything! I’ll ride the occasional dirt road if I can find one, but the serious stuff is kind of too far for me to hit regularly and would probably need something more dirt-oriented to really ride them anyway.

Can’t really justify having two bikes so I think I’ll save until spring and reassess! I can’t wait to test ride the 950.
  14. JaySwear

Oddometer:
    I took the test ride! Why did I do this to myself? It's definitely enough bike for me. The discussions about the 950 not having enough power certainly didn't apply to me. It felt like it pulled great, 2nd gear took me from 30 to 60 in an instant. Lots of fun! I left it in Sport the whole time. I really don't see it needing all the ride modes, but it's nice to have I guess.
    And the height was manageable. I thought being on my tippy toes would be unpleasant, but I'm sure it would come back to me. My Streetfighter had me on my toes at stops and I just adjusted to it. After a while I didn't even give it a thought.
    And the wind protection! It was about 60 yesterday but I was nice and comfy behind that screen in my summer gloves, a decent riding jacket, and a hoodie. The screen was nice in the high position, a little short in the others. I'm sure I'd appreciate that wind blast in the summer though.

Attached Files:

Falp and Liberator like this.
  15. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Anybody know if the Multistrada 1200 enduro 2016-2017 titanium exhaust is the same as the one for the 2018 950? Will it fit?

[​IMG]
  16. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BordenBmw likes this.
  17. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    JaySwear likes this.
  18. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does look kind of cool but I’m a big fan of the stock and it’s subtle style and sound. There’s a YouTube vid for the 950 that offers a sound comparison if you haven’t seen it. Let us know what you think if you get it. Good luck.