2017 Ducati Multistrada 950

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Mobiker, Nov 7, 2016.

1. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Didn't get it, someone else bought it for $380, I stopped at $300.
  2. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It might be the best $300 bucks you ever saved. I honestly don’t know how you could beat the stock exhaust for sound unless you just want something louder or prefer the look. I crack a grin every time I fire up the bike and hear that unmistakable Ducati growl. Those hollow sounding pops and crackles get me on decel as well.

Kibo303, congrats! You may be the first “S” owner to join the thread. A MRA windscreen is a significant upgrade over the stock shield and a radiator guard is advisable. Personally, I couldn’t live without a center stand, tail and tank bags along with peace of mind crash protection. Show us some pics when you can...
    BordenBmw likes this.
  3. SW-MOTECH NA

SW-MOTECH NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BordenBmw likes this.
  4. Kibo303

Kibo303 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for your comments. You just confirmed what I had anticipated. I had ordered MRA touring screen, added center stand when purchased with top box and heated grips. Was looking at crash protection today but can’t find any that go to the 2019 model. They all seem to stop at 2018 so I don’t know if they will fit.
  5. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There hasn’t been any changes to frame geometry or bodywork since the bikes inception that I’m aware of but you should confirm that with your dealer. I’m very satisfied with my Evotech frame and axle sliders but they are inadequate for serious protection. I would highly recommend a set of Ducabike handguard sliders. One simple drop will most certainly destroy the plastic guards which are expensive to replace. Of course another option is to quit spending money and just ride but I’m usually one to break the bank on a new bike until I have it dialed in perfectly to suit my taste.

8D6CDAD8-A00D-4D8C-B4F9-D4C9E475A7DE.jpeg
  6. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Could anyone here measure the fork tubes where they come out of the upper trees

please
  7. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Just over 5.5 mm(7/32) that’s on a 2018 950.

Attached Files:

8. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    :)
    Was looking for the OD of the fork tube

but thank you so much
  9. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Could you shoot a picture looking down at the triple clamp
    Trying to figure out differences in your clamp and my 1260 upper clamp
  10. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    hope this works.

Attached Files:

11. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Could you shoot the locking thing up front ?
    Feel like a bother :(
  12. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Got to put my boots on to walk to the garage in a foot of snow this morning lol give a few minutes!
  13. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    The front locking thing lol

Attached Files:

14. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    My yard this morning. 7817362F-4E9D-4C12-A243-4D81835E20B9.jpeg

Attached Files:

15. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV n00b

Oddometer:
    After considering a lot of different bikes, I picked up a 2019 950 S with spoked wheels a couple of weeks ago. Added a rad guard, center stand, and bash plate. This bike handles great! Lots of power. Comfortable, except for some vibrations around 5k which others have reported. I'm hoping the engine will smooth out some in that rev range after it breaks in.
    19 Multi 950 S.png

For those annoyed with the stock DIN socket on the dash, I replaced mine with a USB port from Tecmate, the Tecmate Optimate USB O-107. It's weather resistant and has an auto shutoff feature so it doesn't drain the battery. Output is 2100mA. After removing the stock DIN socket, I was able to just push the USB port through the hole. The rubber around the USB port keeps it in place without any other means of attachment. I connected the port directly to the battery using a little under 5 feet of cable, consisting of one 3.2 foot SAE to o-ring cable along with one 1.6 foot SAE extension. I've only used it on one ride so far and it worked well, although it shut off at one point. I disconnected it and reconnected it and it started working again. So, not sure if it's defective or detected a low voltage or what.
    usb2.png

The USB port comes with a red cap. I replaced it with a black one. usb3.png
    ishmac, lvscrvs, Moto45 and 2 others like this.
  16. satz

satz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am pretty much set on the 950 and my next bike. Seems a pre 2019 left over could be had for 60 to 50 percent of a 2019 S model. So just mulling over that.
  17. Kibo303

Kibo303 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Folks, does anyone have a the torque specs for 2019 mts? I'm looking to replace some parts and not sure what to torque stuff to when it goes back in.
    Thanks!
  18. Moto45

Moto45 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you do a web search for “multistrada 950 shop manual” you can find some info on another forum site where a member posted various torque values. Ducati doesn’t offer the shop manual for sale as you may already know. I usually rely on the “that feels like about enough method”. Along with some blue lock tight.
    Kibo303 likes this.