1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Rorider, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Motonoia

Motonoia Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    From all the video reviews I have seen on this bike... it is notorious for running hot. Hopefully cold legs won't be a problem! Maybe hot legs in the summer months will...
  2. Motonoia

Oddometer:
    Do you have pictures of the Givi Airflow on the DS? Would like to see how it looks.

As an aside, does anyone know of any quick detach windshields? I would love to restore the look of the bike without a windshield during city rides/commutes down the block.
  3. bill777

bill777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    here is the Givi Airflow :
    2021-02-20 12.34.40.jpg 2021-02-20 12.38.50.jpg You can slide down the top part very easily to make it smaller for offroad for example
  4. bill777

bill777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dont' forget I have bar risers installed
  5. Motonoia

Oddometer:
    Woof, that's a tall one. If you don't mind, what is your height? I want to know if I will need risers/windshield for my height. I am 6'2".
  6. bill777

bill777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am 6'4". With this shield, the air comes right above my helmet, not into my eyes anymore. Perfect for me.
    But I still can see over the top of the screen, so no problem even in rainy weather when the screen is wet.
    The seat is taller as well, it is a Seat Concepts.
    The risers allow me to sit straighter, less leaned forward on the bar. They could also bring the bar a bit further back, but I dont need that.
    Motonoia likes this.
  7. bill777

bill777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. olli_darjeeling

olli_darjeeling Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well she is Italian so of course she’s hot ;-)
    But seriously, it’s an air-cooled engine, AFAIK first used in the 2013 Monster 796. So I wouldn’t expect a lot of R&D going in that direction.
  9. Motonoia

Oddometer:
    I know, I know. I am on the fence on picking one up now... I have hopes that Ducati will let go of desmodromic valves in lieu of a traditional springer. I don't know if/when that will happen though.

Didn't the new Multistrada drop desmodromic valves?
  10. TAS

TAS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Changing the seat was the best addition I made to my Sled. My riding choices changed so I sold the Ducati and picked up a 2020 Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition. I kept the Sargent seat and just posted it in the Flea Market. Just an FYI
  11. Motonoia

Oddometer:
    Just stopped by my local Ducati dealership. These bikes sure are selling quick, I may have to look to the used/secondhand market.
    PaydayGabe likes this.
  12. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would not hold my breath on that one. I'd love to get rid of the desmo valves and their stupid short 7,500 mile service interval, but it's a major head redesign for Ducati which means more EU/EPA qualification process which means $$$$$, so they will stick with what they have until it doesn't work anymore.
  13. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    I decided to try some PivotPegz on my Sled. These are the longer MK4 versions which are essentially the same length as the stock pegs at 115mm. I installed them today and took it out for a short ride. I must say, it will take a little getting used to them as I've never had pegs that moved before, it feels a little "weird" when standing. I'll give them a chance and see how it goes.

They are very nicely made and fit perfectly, but they are pricey.

20210306_162654-1.jpg

20210306_162707-1.jpg
    olli_darjeeling likes this.
  14. Motonoia

Oddometer:
    They are revealing a new edition of one of the Scramblers on Wednesday, but it seems like a livery update at best.

I agree, it seems like desmo and service intervals will stick around. I may have to go take a look at the sensible option... Yammy T7.
  15. PaydayGabe

PaydayGabe It's never a DAMN tail wind !

Oddometer:
    Checking Cycle Trader recently(January),, used lower mileage sleds are commanding almost List prices ‍♂️. FYI
    Motonoia likes this.
  16. Motonoia

Oddometer:
    That's too steep for me, I will likely go the way of T7. Does what I want to do, but not as appealing to the eye.
    PaydayGabe likes this.
  17. massio

massio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like my sled a lot. It's way more capable then most people think and, as you said, it's so good looking.

But I'd consider letting it go if someone was really looking for one. There's always something else I've got my eyes on and only so much space in the garage. LMK
    PaydayGabe likes this.
  18. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Soooooooo, where are you located and what do you want for it??? :evil
  19. massio

massio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in the SF Bay Area. I'd probably let it go for around blue book. It has a few choice modifications. You can PM me for details if you're interested.

Attached Files:

20. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    New special desert sled edition tomorrow will be unveiled...
    Baroquenride and juanfrancisco like this.