2017 Honda X-ADV

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by fullmetalscooter, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    I am currently running my tyres at 36 front and 38 rear. I also used that pressure with the OEM tyres. I am interested that you mention 32/38. Is that the pressure that the dealer set up for you or is that in the Honda handbook ?
  2. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    32/38 wont be very good if you have load and the roads are rough, also the steering might feel heavy too. 36/41 sounds just right , its 240 kg bike. cant wait to get mine this Monday. bought it new and very good price at £8499 thats why i added an akrapovic too.
    tart likes this.
  3. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyway did anyone installed a tail tidy ? any pictures. i just ordered splash guard and rear hugger now looking for tail tidy online just wondered any of you did anything ?
  4. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    I also believe 32 is too low and might result in premature wear of the shoulders of the front tyre.
  5. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i know what you mean but i am making the bike similar to a Multistrada, it will be road only bike, will be at least 2" inch lower then standard so i wan to get rid of the huge thing behind the bike, besides i heard that it doesn't help with water splash anyway. so I see the thing you put picture of , it far too much money for a simple solution. SO hopefully my bike will be more supermoto then the adventure :D i think it has got so much potential.
  6. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    didnt realize so many nice after market things for this bike :D look at them mirrors :D

Attached Files:

DandyDoug likes this.
  7. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes will go for Pirelli rosso III as i used them on my mt 10 sp wet and dry performance was very good, also thinking to drop the bike from the forks around 1.2/2 inches , in reality could be good to spend money and put carbon wheels and make the wheels 17 rear 17 front but i am not going to spend that money, i will be mainly two up commuting with the bike, as soon as the brakes handles two up fast ride i am ok with it. if i have some extra money left i might throw in brembo calipers for bling :D but first really need to be on the bike and feel how good it is.
  8. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    If you want 17" wheels front and back, why not buy the Integra?
  9. Daviddgz

Daviddgz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had the rear wheel bearing replaced already? I took my bike to the dealer for the 16k service (break fluid change and valve clearance) and they discovered that the wheel bearings were kaput. I did notice the bike was wobbly while accelerating and leaning at the same time (nothing riding straight) but I thought I had the incorrect pressure on the rear tyre.

Not sure on the XADV, but the NC750 it's common to have the bearings replaced every 15-20k miles. I'm a bit shocked as I never changed the rear bearings on my 125cc scooter and I did way more offroad and crazy things in that one than the XADV.
  10. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have about 68,600 miles on my NC700X now and still on the OEM bearings. This is the first I've heard of this. Guess they changed on the 750.
    RCmoto likes this.
  11. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    They were replaced on my former 700X at 10,000kms
  12. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    I believe part of the cause is water getting in along the axle, through the spacers. It then gets in behind the bearing. This is something that I discovered recently and also noticed water ingress on two other bikes despite greasing the seals well and the axle. I now seal the axle with grease in the spaces each side of the chain adjuster plates after they have been installed and torqued.
  13. Daviddgz

Daviddgz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mmm, could you specify a little bit this please? I'm not sure I understand where you think the water gets in to the bearing.
  14. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    some of our Malaysian fellow X-adv riders made huge amounts of modification on the bikes, jaw dropping :D

Attached Files:

15. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i also find an adventure one which is done dakar inspired which i really liked too.

Attached Files:

16. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Our bikes accepts Brembo M4 ( 100mm) and Brembo M50 brake calipers, stopping power would be one finger and immense, might see if i can find a cheaper second hand:D also then need to get rid of the rubber lines to steel ones
  17. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you mean i might need my rear suspension upgraded ? i am 65 kg my wife is 57. I was hoping i can max the preload. i dont really want to lower the back of the bike as because of the small tyre its already lower then front. if the bike slightly lowered even 2cm it will be more willing to turn in twisties two up :D
  18. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    The axle passes through the chain adjuster plate first, then thru the swing arm slot and then though the spacer before passing thru the bearing inner. When it is all bolted up there is a space behind the chain adjuster plate where the axle is exposed. Water gets on it in that space and travels along it thru the inside of the spacer and into the axle tunnel in the wheel. Hopefully that will explain ?
    Daviddgz likes this.
  19. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    finally early morning delivery :D I must say i am so impressed! this is the first ever bike i buy without a test ride or even see in flash :)

In flash it looks great and its not high as expected, when people talking about the height i really thought its going to be very high! The bike is just normal i do re-adjust the pre-load for front and back. For now it feels great in the road but not trusting that adventure tires. I find the seat is quite low to the foot positions and the bars are too high for my liking, and these really pushing you to awkward position. i am sure i will get used to it as its NOT uncomfortable.
    Wind protection is very good, brakes are ok but not amazing, two up fast riding they might suffer obviously this is my thought.

Now the scooter pardon me :) bike is very good balanced, low center gravity, D mode good for wearing the tires, S1 is the mode i started bed in the tires and brakes. i didn't realize you can still use manual buttons while you on D or S mode, while you decelerating you can blip the gears down which i find quite good. it changes the gears up very quickly but i am sure S3 willl be alot better.

It has got traction control and G mode which i didn't use it yet. need to figure out whats the manual means by it. so yea all good :D the built can start now :) first need to get rid of the DB killer from the akrapovic.

By the way my insurance was extremely cheap at £185 for a year.

Attached Files:

tregter2, tart and cabanza like this.
  20. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new bike!
    Thor83 likes this.