2017 Honda X-ADV

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by fullmetalscooter, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Daviddgz

Daviddgz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoy the bike! If you accept an advise, get them the footrest to ride in a bike position and not scooter, it's much better.

I still don't understand why people call this an scooter :dunno
    Thor83 likes this.
  2. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    But can you do that without hitting the pillions feet?
  3. Daviddgz

Daviddgz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, I ride with a pillion quite often and never had any issues.
  4. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    Best of luck with the new X
  5. Dezzie

Dezzie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like them modded, i posted a few to the xadv facebook groups equally as bling, fitted rad guard and metal rear hugger to my buddies xadv a few days ago, interesting with no instructions but worked it out in the end, found this pic on instagram its rather smart, 17" rims too!

Attached Files:

Griff2 likes this.
  6. Smirk

Smirk n00b

Oddometer:

Those rims look familiar but can’t remember where/which bike I have seen them on.
  7. Smirk

Smirk n00b

Oddometer:
    If you put the off-road pegs on - there is endless ways to place your feet depending on what you like or like me I switch my feet positions depending on my mood or type of riding - can switch from sport, comfort, cruise, scooter and more in an instant (something you can’t do on a bike or a scoot so I think that’s a plus 1 for the X. :clap
    tart likes this.
  8. Smirk

Smirk n00b

Oddometer:
    Do you know what you set the preloads at that you found is good?

Those tyres are just ok but find they get worse not better.

I wish the seat didn’t go down in height to the front and wish it was straight and as high as the rear - for me the bars for me I want a little back and a little higher (everyone is different)

your insurance is really good price

I always have to adjust the traction control when I start the bike so annoying it doesn’t save settings.
  9. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i find some Owners change to 17inch rear wheel, this picture both wheels from NC700. Looks good. it must be transform the bike. I just dont understand the idea of small tire on the back for a road or adventure bike ? perhaps thats the only Honda can say this is a scooter? i dont know, i would have so much rather 17 inch wheels and lower suspension :D

Attached Files:

10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Does the rear shock need to be changed to accommodate the larger wheel?
  11. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i think the shock needs to be changed, but in reality the oem shock is so bad that i dont know how can you take this bike to any off road, there is no rebound or compression. I would like to know if anyone lower the bike yet ?
  12. CoolHands

CoolHands travelling

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how to reset the cel check engine light? Piece of crap. Bet it’s dealer only, eh?

Mine wouldn’t go into gear earlier, got a - symbol flashing instead of the gear indicator. I’ve undone the battery negative to see if it’d clear it but no joy. And battery voltage is 12.4 so I not think it’s that.

I’d only ridden about 5 miles so not too hot as ambient temp is only 20 degrees today. Had a meeting to go to, was luckily at my destination. When I came out bike would go into gear and I rode home but CEL still on.
  13. CoolHands

CoolHands travelling

Oddometer:
    Ok it’s gone out now, not sure why.
  14. tart

tart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had the same issue with mine but found I could change gear using the manual buttons. Then after stopping and restarting all back to normal, swapping it for another tomorrow so hoping the newer one doesn't have the same issue.
  15. CoolHands

CoolHands travelling

Oddometer:
    Ok thanks I’ll try that next time. I didn’t have time to investigate today.

As always of course there was a further complication in my mind - I recently flattened the battery cos the seat light stayed on and drained the battery. So i don’t know if it was related to that, but the battery is still charged and I checked the voltage which is ok. So I don’t think it as related to that.

Ps I’ve now removed the seat light anyway as I normally ride with the seat unlatched as I don’t like having to switch the engine off when wanting something, and also if you go out to your garage to get something out and don’t have the key it’s a real pain, so I leave it open. I now know unless the seat is right down, the light is on all the time. It’s pretty useless anyway so no loss.
  16. tart

tart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After 8,500 miles time for a change, plenty of choices out there but nothing I'm aware of so comfortable and good on fuel so a mk2 adv it is.
    DSCF2209.JPG IMGP0589.JPG
    Smirk and tregter2 like this.
  17. Smirk

Smirk n00b

Oddometer:
    After today’s trip out - I have come to understand why you want to lower the bike for the type of riding you want to do - I hear you and feel you! After changing tyres and getting lots more grip it feels now it’s getting limited by the height (I think - it’s all feel)
  18. Griff2

Griff2 Griff

Oddometer:
    No need to remove the light. Just flick the latch to the locked position and that switches it off.
  19. Thor83

Thor83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Started to do some of the modifications on the rear , now waiting for the tail tidy from lightech.

Attached Files:

20. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    So I am thinking ahead and I want to buy tires. I read that the Michelin Pilot Road 4 work pretty well on the X ADV. Has anyone bought Michelin tires for their X ADV? Input on tire choices?