2017 KTM 1090 Adv R - footpeg options - anything more reasonable?

Discussion in 'Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much HP' started by kgouldsk, Nov 26, 2018.

1. kgouldsk

kgouldsk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Every vendor going wants to sell footpegs for $190-$300 US for these bikes. Ebay, Amazon, and other sites are flooded with variations of billet aluminum pegs like this: http://a.co/d/blsQdbT that are a fraction of the cost - $25-50. I get that a stainless peg is a better peg, but I also know that people reviewing the aluminum pegs are completely happy with them, as long as they fit. Some issues with traction pins falling out but a little locktite will fix that.

Has anyone purchased any of these budget footpegs, and how have they worked out? Durable? Fit? Any recommendations or cautions on sources? Surely there has to be a reasonable solution given how many people are content with less expensive pegs on other brands of bikes.
  2. trailhawg

trailhawg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I put that power parts pegs on for $134 delivered. Nice pegs but they do get in the way a bit when backing the bike up.
    Barekat and jimmycapp like this.
  3. skydivegazoo

skydivegazoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Power parts.
    Barekat likes this.
  4. kuyohtay

kuyohtay Adventurer

Oddometer:

Really small, what's the advantage? And China, Come on, do better than that!

I love my KTM Rally Style Extended Footpeg Set at $149.00. They do me well! I got an old busted up leg and foot, love the room to move my foot around and stand up, and I'm so comfortable!

Ed.
    Barekat likes this.
  5. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    KTM Power parts Rally pegs, best value out there. Put 100,000 kms on them on my 990 and now they are on my 1090 R.
    IMAG0855.jpg
    Ectobass, Barekat and ScooterNoMore like this.
  6. kuyohtay

kuyohtay Adventurer

Oddometer:

Mine are new and I know this like I know the hairs on my chin, those baby's are worn out brother. You been riding and sliding on those pegs!

Ed.
  7. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    There is no way in hell I would install an aluminum $25 made-in-nowhere peg in my bike
  8. jimmycapp

jimmycapp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Power parts all day. Love mine.
    Barekat likes this.
  9. kuyohtay

kuyohtay Adventurer

Oddometer:

And Mr. Jaimoto, are you referring to the KTM Factory Rally Pegs that so many of us love?
    There are clearly more of "us" than you.

Rubber down, heads up!

Ed.
  10. jimmycapp

jimmycapp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No.
    Jaimoto likes this.
  11. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    No
    I'm referring to $25 aluminum pegs the OP is talking about
    KTM rally pegs aren't aluminum and certainly they are not $25
    kuyohtay likes this.
  12. rubber_band

rubber_band Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed a cheap set of cast aftermarket pegs on a bike several years ago.
    Went to stand up going down the road at about 40 MPH or so and the left side peg broke off, my foot bounced off the pavement and I managed to keep the bike upright. Went back and picked up the broken peg from the middle of the road and rode the rest of the way with the heel of my boot jammed into the stub of the peg that remained.
    ....never buying cheap pegs again.
  13. ls6777

ls6777 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah... it would seem the risk is too great. When I'm standing, or really putting any weight, on the pegs I don't want even the thought that this is cheap and might fail... the medical bills and downtime will significantly outweigh spending an extra $100 - $125. I also have PP Rally's
    Jaimoto and ScooterNoMore like this.
  14. pizzaboy

pizzaboy retiring tomorrow Tomorrow arrived

Oddometer:
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  15. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    +2 on the Rade pegs ,I have them on two bikes with 61,000 miles on the set on my 990 A . They are nicely made and not to
    long . I stay away from those super long pegs . Too much of a lever arm with the potential to damage the frame/mount with a
    big hit.
    The Rades are a good $$$ .

Max
  16. bighog85

bighog85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMS ADV II on mine and they are awesome. They are big and take some getting used to when coming to a stop but I don’t even notice them anymore and it’s like standing on the ground. Lifetime warranty too. I got mine on amazon for pretty cheap.
    3rdgeargrndrr and redcoat_ like this.
  17. Dan Lorenze

Dan Lorenze Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Speaking of pegs, during my Alaska trip I found out that standing up a lot really helped out being comfortable on the bike on long stretches. However, the standing position had me really wanting to place weight on my heels for an even standing position because of the wide tank and my tank bag hitting my crotch area. My next pegs will definitely be the heal saver type of pegs with extension to the heel.
    MxFan69 and ScooterNoMore like this.
  18. dhally

dhally Hammerhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Check out Bosley pegs. Welded stainless steel, several sizes available, and about $100 delivered.
  19. Rob180

Rob180 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or these if you really want an expensive solution. The only pivoting option I know of though....

Photo Feb 24, 5 04 12 PM.jpg Photo Feb 24, 5 11 46 PM.jpg
  20. OscarFox

OscarFox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +3 for Rade. Orange doesn't match very well but I don't care. I've got a set of blue ones they sent me by accident if someone wants to purchase them. I'll send the money to rade afterwards, they didn't want to deal with return shipping and all that.