Sold 2017 KTM 500EXC-F Ultralight Adventure / Rally Build -- 23 Hours (SOLD)

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by SourceADV, May 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourceADV

SourceADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2017 KTM 500EXC Ultralight Nomad ADV Bike / Rally Bike -- In CO (PENDING SALE)

--23 hours/560 Miles -- Perfect Condition -- Turn Key Light Adventure Bike

This bike is the ultimate BDR/Ultralight Adventure bike. No stone was left unturned in this build, minus putting a cush-drive rear wheel on (if you wanted to do pavement-focused riding -- This is built for more off-road focused adventure riding). If you want to get out and do all the Backcountry Discovery Routes this year instead of being stuck at home during COVID, look no further.

The story of this build is this is my build test bike for the last year (mostly fire roads) and bike #001 of many more builds to come from my company SourceADV. All 23 hours I have put on the bike have been testing making sure it is perfect for anyone who wants the bike that KTM won't seem to build... An ultralight adventure bike.

I will start building these by order in the middle of summer 2020 with 2020+ 500EXCs and they will be around $23K for this exact build... Basically with this bike you are getting the 50 hours of labor to build the bike for free.

This bike is around 260 pounds fueled up (with 4.25 gallons) before loading up the Mosko Reckless 40L luggage (54L with the Stinger 22 Tail bag). It's night and day from riding a KTM twin cylinder ADV bike that comes in around 600LB loaded. It comes in around 170-210 mile range depending on the heaviness of your wrist.

The bike will come fully prepped and ready to go with new adventure tires, valve servicing, new grips, fresh oil/filters, fresh air filter (plus 3 other cleaned/oil spares for your ride), KTM tool kit with custom built wrench to remove front windscreen if necessary, extra brake/clutch levers, spare bolt kit, extra front and rear tube, fresh coolant, and all bolts checked and rechecked for proper torque. Basically just add your Garmin 610/680 and throw your camping gear in the luggage and you are good to go shred any BDR or dirt adventure out there.

I am still documenting the build for the SourceADV website/YouTube Channel, waiting for a couple last parts (Big Oily clutch cover from BDSB -- Waiting on black anodization) and doing final prep but will be ready for delivery by June 1, 2020 (perfect timing for CO/UT/NM/ID Backcountry Discovery Route openings).

Taking deposit to hold the bike and if you are local I will give you a full walk around the bike and make sure you are confident on your next adventure and give camping gear pointers, etc. I can also deliver and do the same to Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, or Wyoming for cost of gas/lodging. All other states I will help arrange uShip shipping.

More pictures to come too with the luggage installed, new tires, etc. I am working with a professional photographer to get it shot nicely.

You can see the timing of the build of the bike and the maintenance of the bike from when I got it on this public Trello board (which will be transferred to you as a living maintenance/build record) -- https://trello.com/b/lAR00FnB/source-adv-500exc-ulwadv

I have noted items that can be modified below to fit your riding/weight/etc. If you want a cush-drive rear wheel I can put one on too at cost, but sadly they are 4 weeks out from Warp 9 or roughly the same from Woodys Wheel Works (both $700-1000).

Build Breakdown (With Parts Costs):

• Nomad ADV Travel Tower W/ Powered accessories -- $1300.00
      • ---With Toggles, USB, and Powered GARMIN Mount, Vision X Dura Lights -- Roughly 5000 Lumens -- with quick disconnect harness
    • Enduro Spec Suspension (Set up for ~175-180# rider with 25LBs of luggage -- I can have it re-sprung by EnduroSpec for you if you are heavier at cost) -- $800.00
    • BRP Rubber Mounted bar clamps + Scotts SUB Dampener (for vibration dampening and stability) -- $675.00
    • Mosko Reckless 40 Luggage System + Stinger 22 Tail Bag (54 Liters total storage -- can hold 2 1Liter fuel bottles as well) -- $590.00
    • IMS 4.25 Gallon Tank + Factory KTM right angle petcock -- $485.00
    • FMF 4.1 RCT Titanium Exhaust With Spark Arrestor -- $405.00
    • JD Jetting Power Surge Tuner + Euro Air Intake Boot + Dongle to remove canister -- $360.00
    • Sicass Tail Tidy -- $224.00
    • Dirt Tricks Zirconium 52 Tooth Rear Sprocket and 14 Tooth front + Primary Drive X ring Chain (happy @ 60MPH -- can be re-geared at cost if you want 14/50 or 14/48 -- Comes with stack sprockets 14/45 too, but would need a shorter chain) -- $210.00
    • Fastway Evo Air Footpegs (In low position for taller riders, if you are shorter I can flip them for you) -- $200.00
    • Seat Concepts Comfort Seat -- $200.00
    • BDSB Big Oily Custom Black Anodized Clutch Cover (Increases oil capacity 0.6 L for Adventure riding - Not in these pictures, waiting on anodization) -- $180
    • Sicass Hand Guards With Turn Signals and LED flasher -- $125.00
    • Tusk D-Sport F/R Adventure Tires (about the same as D606's) -- $115.00
    • Three Twin Air Air Filters Pre-Oiled -- $90.00
    • Extra Clutch/Brake lever -- $70.00
    • Acerbis Skid Plate -- $65.00
    • Tusk Rear Disk Guard -- $50.00
    • BDSB Smog Removal Kit -- $30.00
    • KTM Black Swingarm Guards -- $30.00
    • Tusk High Pressure Radiator Cap With Temperature Gauge -- $25.00
    • Dirt Tricks Countershaft Dome Spring washer (Helps Protect Counter shaft) -- $25
    • ODI Soft Compound Grips -- $25.00
    • Tusk Rear Brake Pedal Tip -- $22.00
    ----

As you can see this bike is a full build ready to go. The 500EXCs have amazing longevity as an adventure bike and the the extra oil from the Big Oily will certainly help that as well. This is my dream adventure bike, I hope it's yours too.

$15,750

I know this is a lot to digest and a lot of money for any bike. PM Me with any questions/your phone number if you want me to call you about it.
    ~Mark @ SourceADV.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wise Guy, Scubalong, tex68w and 6 others like this.
  2. SourceADV

SourceADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Price Drop, bump!
    Bowtech likes this.
  3. SourceADV

SourceADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump! Pricedrop, fresh images with Reckless 40 and new tires... Loooooking good!
  4. J Dog

J Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is the price drop to?
  5. J Dog

J Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM Sent.
  6. tex68w

tex68w Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. SourceADV

SourceADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pending Sale!!
  8. J Dog

J Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is it sold?
  9. SourceADV

SourceADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It is, sold and delivered. I'll be doing builds on the 2020 500EXC, let me know if you are interested. Take care, ride safe!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.