2017: R1200GS Rallye Standard Exclusive

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Loutre, Nov 9, 2016.

1. deadflagblues

deadflagblues I need more bikes

Oddometer:
    I’ve added crash bars, skid plate, headlight guard, rear brake pedal extender, racks, ezCAN, aux driving lights, aux taillight, rear fender extension, soft luggage, LED directionals bulbs, 50/50 tires, harness for heated gear. My 2018 Rallye is pretty well dialed.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. fnatic

fnatic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, wondering how many high mileage R1200gs Rallye/X we have. Any issues? Looking at getting one in the next few months, any big engine servicing I should be aware of? I'll be buying second hand but most of them have less than 10k on the odo.

Yes! I have ridden one!.....
    nevgriff64 likes this.
  3. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    My Rallye.. 7k miles. Bought her new. Sold my 09 GSA after 100k of miles 2 months ago. Now I'm ready to dance with my next girl. Finally got her farkled. I'll be missing the fuel range though. 400 miles range on my ol GSA.

2019-06-30 05.58.21.jpg
    Footy, Mcgee, krussell and 2 others like this.
  4. LeCler

LeCler Ain'tSayin

Oddometer:
    I have nearly 26,000 miles on mine. Absolutely love it. You can see the sort of riding I do as well without a problem so far. signal-2019-07-08-202538.jpg 20190708_130742.jpg 20190708_142432.jpg
  5. LeCler

LeCler Ain'tSayin

Oddometer:
    Hey Fnatic,
    I almost forgot to mention. If you're going Rallye, make sure you buy the MachineArtMoto cylinder guards and then the AltRider bars (at least the lowers) and skid plate. They are the best thing out there for your bike. I have low-sided at 50-60mph on a gravel road sliding at least 45 feet with that set-up and nothing was damaged. I have also dropped several times off-road here in Colorado in the high mountain passes onto rocks - no damage. They are the bomb.com, brah. You cannot go wrong with @AltRider gear. Look at my bike above and notice the shiny lower bars in the middle photo. Did I mention that they're 1 1/4 stainless steel? :clap So there's no need to paint when they start looking like mine. Do the research and it will point you to them. :y0!
    fnatic and deadflagblues like this.
  6. fnatic

fnatic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will take a look, researching farkles is fun and possibly very very expensive!!!... :rofl
    LeCler likes this.
  7. LeCler

LeCler Ain'tSayin

Oddometer:
    Haha! I would agree; however, I bought this bike new in July 2017 and placed the bars on almost immediately. Now almost 26k miles later I wouldn't have done anything differently.
  8. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. LeCler

LeCler Ain'tSayin

Oddometer:
    To each his own, brah. I made it my own bike, and yes, I'll betcha I can get some more on it. They're covering up damage, scratches, and other stuff from its off-road journeys. Stickers for me are like a custom paint job, but cheaper. I like it and that's what matters most.
  10. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely :thumb
    LeCler and Huckwheat like this.
  11. lieu910

lieu910 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a Rallye to replace my R1200RS. I had the engine spoilers left from the RS, and put them on the GS. my gs.jpg

Attached Files:

12. deadflagblues

deadflagblues I need more bikes

Oddometer:
    Here’s my BMW tech reviewing my bike:
  13. richardnixon

richardnixon Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I recommend the Wunderlich seat. Firm, but comfortable for long rides. Also has a heated seat option. I ride 365 days a year. Hot buns are nice in Jan.
  14. misanthropic

misanthropic Zero

Oddometer:
    I ended up with the Sargent and I’m happy with it. I can ride all day with no issues. It doesn’t solve the too tall issue. My next GS will certainly have the standard suspension or most likely the lowered suspension. My balance isn’t what it used to be.
  15. handensco

handensco Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got my Rallye one week ago and did the break in miles yesterday and today. I rode from Northern New Mexico to Denver to go to the Mosko Moto, West38moto and Double take mirror get together. Seven Hundred miles. I am wasted. Time for a beer.
    West38Moto and eddyturn like this.
  16. West38Moto

West38Moto Ride and Discover

Oddometer:
    WooHoo!!! Thanks for joining us. As much as we love training and tours, we really love getting together with friends, old and new.

Sooooo...how does that bike feel after all those miles??

The West 38 Moto Team
    www.West38Moto.com
    LeCler and handensco like this.
  17. handensco

handensco Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It feels good but I need to get rid of those tires. Damn they are loud. I can hardly wait to get mo BC 35's on and my new BC 4o the new 4liter mollies, 2 liter mollies 10 liter dry sack etc :clap
    West38Moto likes this.
  18. michaelmy

michaelmy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love my Rallye and take it gnarly places following Enduro bikes..................would agree that Alt Rider is the best gear

Separately I have (ebay sourced) folding handlebar levers with barkbuster handguards & folding mirrors
    ... and folding brake & gear levers - some of the ruts In England will tear the standard pedals off
    The folding brake lever had to be modified to stop it rotating and getting stuck under the frame - just drilled it and put an allen bolt as a stop

also Baja Design spotlights mounted high with specific BD / GS mounting kit with yellow covers - help get me seen by cagers / cars
  19. michaelmy

michaelmy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    a57d2118-a2c6-401e-8b23-058ffdc205b0.jpg
    Serp, LeCler and handensco like this.
  20. Jim-Mer

Jim-Mer Slowing Down

Oddometer:
    9C55AAE6-E87F-4858-9926-6834DAFE9548.jpeg I’m probably an outlier here, I bought a leftover 2017 for two reasons: 1st, it is a crazy good looking bike. I’ve always been a sucker for blue motorcycles, especially after I convinced the dealer to swap the black rims for silver off of another bike in the showroom. 2nd, having GSA suspension under it seems to increase “seat to pavement” height. I have a bum knee, and on long trips it helps to straighten it out and “let it hang”. On my ‘15, my foot would drag. On the Rallye, the sole of my boot is about 1/2” above the pavement!

I don’t do single track, but will ride dirt roads.
    GrizzLee, mikegc and LeCler like this.