2017+ Vstrom 650/650XT

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by MariusD, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    tjzondrz, MariusD, CKloed and 6 others like this.
  2. Zukdriver

Zukdriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad the trip went well for you. I love reading stories about how tough this bike is, although I will never put it to the test.
    Rollin' likes this.
  3. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower

Oddometer:
    I'd like to get a new one too but no money available. :(
  4. rickh123

rickh123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found mine 2017 XT (yellow with gold wheels) at Suzuki dealership 2 months ago. And it is my 13th V Strom (2xVee, 5xWee and 5xWee2). Best looking V Strom ever IMHO ( even better looking than Vee3). At that time it had 7200 km on it. In addition to factory stuff it came with OEM center stand and Givi V46 top case mounted on Suzuki mounting plate. Since shortly after I was on the bike trip on my 2015 I picked it up a month later. Only rode it for perhaps 500 km. I wanted to transfer some farkles from 2015 to the new one and at the same time didn't want to put extra miles on 2017. Finally yesterday I transferred the insurance from 2015 to 2017. Now it got Givi engine guards (transferred from 2015), Burkbusters Storm handguards (from the same source) with LED position/signal lights on it, shorty brake/clutch levers, mirrors extensions, auxiliary yellow lights, Suzuki heated grips (replacing them today for Oxford heated grips), GPS bracket for my Garmin Zumo, SW Motech quick release tank bag, Touratech aluminum skid plate (take off of 2015) under OEM cowling, Touratech foot pegs mounted on lowering kit and Touratech foot enlargement, fuse box, connector for heated gear, and steal cable for air bag vest. I also replaced stock seat with Suzuki tall seat and installed new set of Mitas E-07 Dakar tires. I was trying to transfer my 2015 upgraded forks but unfortunately ABS sensor does not fit. Since it didn't work with front end I decided not to use Ella 3 shock either. Unfortunately I can't use Akrapovic exhaust (which sounds great on 2015) as well...Today will install bar raisers and still looking for pannier carriers for my Givi E360 and Kappa K22 cases. Almost ready for next weekend 3 days road trip. Life is good (sometimes).
    rsteiger likes this.
  5. Samanjo

Samanjo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Post some pics please
  6. CKloed

CKloed Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. rickh123

Oddometer:
    I wish I could do that but Photobucket doesn't work any more. Sorry.
  8. rickh123

Oddometer:
    Bar raisers installed. Panniers carriers arrived. Installation today.
  9. Samanjo

Samanjo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No worries