2018-2020 Honda NC750X

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 6, 2017.

1. sthoerner

sthoerner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to find a good picture of the factory OEM rear rack mounted on the bike to see how far it sticks up and out without the factory trunk on it. If anyone has the oem rear carrier rack & could post a pick showing the side & rear view of the bike with it in place I'd appreciate it. Looked around a bit but there are very few pics of it on the web....
    Thanks!
  2. kebrider

kebrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is the Factory accessory rack with a universal Givi Top Case Adapter installed.

NC Rack.jpg NC Box.jpg NC Rack Inside.jpg
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  3. sthoerner

sthoerner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the post of the rear carrier. Looks good on there!
    kebrider likes this.
  4. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
  5. kebrider

kebrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The box is a Givi DLM30B Trekker Dolomiti Monokey 30L (just rolls of the tongue, huh?). It is a rugged and simple aluminum box that works well with a bike that has a frunk. A few months ago my wife was on her WR250R and accidentally ran up on to the back of me. I always leave the key in the top box and her right barkbuster hit the box's release button perfectly and launched the box as she deflected left and wobbled by me, gathered her balance and kept on going. She let me by and told me over the Senna to pull over in a parking lot to check the bikes. We straightened her barkbuster and was looking for damage and wondering where she hit my bike when she asked me if I had put the top box on the bike that day. To my surprise I finally noticed the box was gone and we went back the hundred yards or so to find the Trekker in the tall grass with nothing but a small indentation where her BB hit it. Tough box, but so are most Givis.

The wife loves the Trekker on her new Tiger 900 so I may get the new soft top case Givi makes (WL901 34LTR Thermo Monokey Case).
  6. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do we know if the USA gets the updated NC750X for 2021?

The salesman didn’t seem to know...
  7. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
    Thanks...I put a cheap Pelican knock off on mine but It’s not a permanent solution. Doesn’t hold enough and it’s ugly.
  8. dduelin

dduelin Prone To Wander, Lord, I Feel It

Oddometer:
    I was partial to a 33 liter Monokey top box on the 700X. Big enough to secure a helmet, gloves, and jacket but not so large to look unbalanced with no panniers. I think the V33 has been discontinued by Givi. I kept a V33 and an E46 when I sold my last 700X.
    Bulitt likes this.
  9. dduelin

dduelin Prone To Wander, Lord, I Feel It

Oddometer:
    There has been no news on when the bike hits EC or North American dealers.
  10. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer:
    Does anyone (other than Ventura rack I guess) make a rack where top box can be positioned over the pillion seat?
    Guess that would be silly on the NC given the fuel fill location. But the top boxes so far back always look out of place to me
  11. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
    Why not just replace the rear seat with a rack?
  12. skywalker714

skywalker714 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

I have owned both bikes, I preferred the Honda, it handled much better as the Suzuki felt top heavy. Standing really pointed out the difference between the two. Both very good bikes hard find much fault.
    Cactus67 likes this.
  13. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve since checked out the NC and the Wee in the showroom. The NC reminds me (in a good way) of my Vespa with the lower CG.

The Wee felt tall, but manageable to me.

The NC would definitely feel more composed during low speed maneuvers.
    Melensdad likes this.
  14. itlives

itlives Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had a 2014 Wee and an NC700 and now a 2020 NC750 dct.
    I have nothing bad to say about the Wee. The Wee is the most comfortable smaller bike I've been on.
    Now I'm back down to a very manageable 750. I'm really liking the 750! I wanted the excellent mpg the NC offers.
    I am setting it up for long distance and am glad to read dduelin has done a BBG on his.
    IBA 61283 20210212_145058.jpg
    old1959, TonyKZ1 and WDG like this.
  15. taranaki

taranaki I wonder..

Oddometer:

The dealers seem to always be the last to know, especially if they have current generation stock.

From what I've gleaned online the NC's future in North America is uncertain at best. No matter what Honda does to butch it up Americans don't 'get' the NC. I see them everywhere in Europe but wherever I ride here I get the 'what the heck is that' glaze-over.

The new one looks to be a net improvement but there are downsides. A lower seat is nice but comes at the expense of suspension travel. Throttle by wire should bring smoother response and allows mapping options but no cruise control? Seems a missed opportunity. If it had cruise and the lowered suspension/seat were optional I'd consider upgrading.

16. vagrant1947

vagrant1947 He is free who lives as he chooses!

Oddometer:
    The mileage per gallon might be good but if it won't go 200 miles at 80 MPH. I'm not buying it. this is North America and Honda and most others have no comprehension of how far it is to gas stations in some places here.
    10/10ths likes this.
  17. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure but in most of America, where most of the population lives, there are plenty of gas stations well within reach of all bikes on the market, often multiple gas stations within the bikes ranges. This is where bike manufacturers sell nearly all of their bikes. They're not going to provide larger gas tanks just to satisfy a tiny, tiny part of the market where they don't make their money. They're running a business and with al due respect, don't care about people like you or those who live more than 200 miles from a gas station.
    frog13 and dduelin like this.
  18. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer:
    So what you’re saying is before you would buy a bike with a 3.7gal tank, it would need to be able to average 54mpg on those specific legs of those specific trips that need 200mi range.
    I don’t think there are any NC700/750 owners who would not be able to reliably get 54mpg when needed.
    frog13 and dduelin like this.
  19. Melensdad

Melensdad Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Oddometer:
    On a few days along the Trans-Canadian Highway I was worried about making it to some fuel stops.

I carried a 5-Liter Desert Fox fuel bladder.

Never needed it :D

[​IMG]
    Samanjo likes this.
  20. Samanjo

Samanjo Long timer

Oddometer:
    My 2015 NC750X averages 29km/l (these are Fuelly stats over a year of ownership)
    Just yesterday, I did a 350km trip at speeds between 120 and 140km/h and the average consumption was 31km/l