2018 Buffaloe 500 DS/ADV Indiana Oct 13-14

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by zamboni9, Mar 15, 2018.

1. clawdog60

clawdog60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not good.
    Did they give reasons?
    Glad I didn't attempt it.
  2. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    It rained and they didn’t want to tear up the property they were going to be riding on.

I totally understand that.

What I don’t understand in this day and age with the internet and everything. Not letting any one know that they were going to cancel or might if it did rain.
  3. clawdog60

clawdog60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did they even have the dual sport yesterday?
  4. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    Yes. They had one Saturday.

They had the ADV ride also. The ADV ride was still a go for today. I wish we would have bought different bikes and gear. We would have stayed and rode that.
  5. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your day. I don’t think they realized how the weather would affect the day or how the property owners would react this morning. I understand it stinks they couldn’t alert others, but there was a lot going on with everyone that was already there from Saturday, I’m not sure they expected many Sunday only riders. That’s something that has been vary rare in the past. I do know there was a lot of discussion about the DS ride and further improving the ADV ride which had great feedback and turnout yesterday. I’m not a member, but I have family that is and grew up at the club so thought I’d share what I saw happening this morning. I’ll be the first to tell you I never considered posting anything at 8am to alert others that plans had changed, plus my cell service probably wouldn’t have allowed me too anyway. Again, sorry to hear about your wasted trip.

JC
    PlowHand and Kaveman like this.
  6. Kaveman

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the reply. I wish I would have been more prepared to possibly ride the ADV ride. I will be next time.
    I won’t say it was a wasted trip as I don’t get to spend as much time as I used to with my brother. Even if it is driving in a truck.
    Canoeman, PlowHand and jtclark13 like this.
  7. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was an excellent dual sport ride on Saturday other then it being very cold on the road sections.

As usual the weatherman lied again. First it was supposed to be clear weather but it ended up raining some before the event. Then they forecast rain Sunday afternoon. In the end it rained about 3am Sunday morning which put an end to Sunday’s ride.

The riding was great and the food was great. I’ll be back again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jtclark13 likes this.
  8. johngault

johngault Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ag
    Agreed! Great ride on Saturday. I am still aching from trying to keep my bike upright on the off camber slippery trails while I was not feeling my fingers!
  9. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya, there were some tricky parts for sure, that off camber with the roots aiming your back wheel down the hill had me puckered up pretty tight!
  10. sixhunny

sixhunny Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did the DS portion on Saturday with a buddy on the XR400 and WR250R. Had a blast! Can't wait to do it again. Here's one of my favorite singe track sections (more GoPro on my YouTube channel).

Old 179, zamboni9 and jtclark13 like this.
  11. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice video. The Stoney folks are great. It’s obvious there was a LOT of work done to open (and or keep open) those excellent trails.
    sixhunny and clawdog60 like this.