2018 dEATh vALLey nOObs rALLY - March 22-25

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Oct 29, 2017.

1. FlightRider9

FlightRider9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay, if this guy can do that with the Heidenau K60s I know that tires won't be my limitation. Good to know . Oh sh*t, now I don't have have any excuses.
    SlowerThanYou and Bike Guy like this.
  2. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:

@DUNERAPTOR
    Joel @NSFW is going to issue a refund and you will need to send the correct amount of funds for a Dry RV site (so he doesn't have to remember who he owes money to later - this is easiest with the number of inmates attending this event).

As for a waiting list, it was said earlier on in this thred that there will Not be a waiting list for Full RV Hook-Up.

If any full site cancellations happen it will be up for grabs for the first person to claim it and send money.

Someone will post up about the Jimmy Lewis class.

Hope this helps.
    Bonnie
    NSFW likes this.
  3. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv

Oddometer:
    1. Keep an eye for an opening for a full hook up. Check daily, better yet, hourly.
    2. Emergency Contact Form goes to DSM8.
    3. Once you have your DRY RV site assigned, call PSR and ask for the same site so you don't have to move on Thursday. I will give you the code.
    4. The JL class prior to this rally is not on Jimmy's website. Ours is a special class. Headstaller is in charge of the sign up and anyone taking the class should contact Headstaller directly or post it up here.

pls. see page 1 or check out the basecamp4adv registration section.

thanks for the raffle prize.

please see anyone at RV site #1, 2, 3 and 4 on Wednesday. tell them that you're a volunteer and a damn hardworking one. thanks daryl.
    Chaostrophy and Bike Guy like this.
  4. heirhead

heirhead worlds worst mechanic

Oddometer:
    Paid,

hh
    wwm
    NSFW likes this.
  5. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With me dealing with a little registration confusion, all I can say is WOW !!! What a huge effort put out by the organizers and volunteers to continually make this rally a top notch affair.
    NSFW, SlowerThanYou, YakSpout and 2 others like this.
  6. headstaller

headstaller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, check #11 for updates and private message as we get closer.
    NSFW likes this.
  7. PukaWai

PukaWai Long timer

Oddometer:

In Death Valley there's only a few spots where traction is an issue.
    Traction issues are a result of this, not the cause. Just gotta keep the rubber part down!

[​IMG]
    MtnRubi and FlightRider9 like this.
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv

Oddometer:

thanks chu.

folks, we need to get at least 12 peeps by end of the month so jimmy could put it on his calendar. note that DVNR will refund you $50 upon completion of the class. normally we don't do this, but i thought it's one way of making it affordable for many and really it's just for your improvement. well, we benefit from it. when you become a better rider, less bike lifting or waiting we have to do.
    migilito likes this.
  9. Agnessman

Agnessman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Riding in from Bay Area - tent camping - d3. SO excited!!!! Happy to help out any way I can!
    NSFW and FlightRider9 like this.
  10. FlightRider9

FlightRider9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I am planning to ride down from the Bay Area (Vallejo) on Tuesday morning so I can be well rested for the Saline Valley Warm Spings Ride happening Wed afternoon. If anyone wants to join me, I would love the company. I am not sure as far as the route yet. I am thinking I 80/50 to 395 and then south down 395 or maybe via Yosemite if the roads are opened by then. An extra 30 min of riding down a scenic route beats 5 hrs of nothing but straight interstate highway (I5 or 99 South) AND most importantly provides a good opportunity to get rid of those embarrassing chicken strips!
    Bike Guy and NSFW like this.
  11. Skellington

Skellington Pro Coffee Drinker

Oddometer:
    When we go from Vallejo to Hwy 395 going to the Bridgeport/Mono Lake area we use Hwy 50 then over to 89 and go over Monitor Pass which will drop you down onto 395. It is a really scenic way to go but this time of year check the road conditions. Have fun whichever road your taking !
    FlightRider9 likes this.
  12. Suzuki Phil

Suzuki Phil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SP has paid in full, dry RV site # 60, will share my spot with another rider tenting or small truck/van.
    NSFW likes this.
  13. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur

Oddometer:
    Bay Area n00bs

Those of you who are planning on riding down from the Bay Area, I am more than willing to broker information for those looking for riding partners.
    As we get closer to n00bs, I will also be keeping road conditions and weather information posted here:
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...ally-march-22-25.1264350/page-2#post-33541109

If you have any questions I can help with, please PM me so we don't clutter up this thread too much.

- Marty
  14. DUNERAPTOR

DUNERAPTOR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    'NSFW', Bonnie & Clyde' & 'HeadStaller'
    Thanks for your responses. I re-registered via BaseCamp (Transaction ID: 629) and paid via Paypal.
    Would love to use Dry RV site #50 if possible. (looks like easy enter exit), otherwise I would request #s 51,52,53 in that order.... if not too much trouble.

if the slightest hassle for you.... assign whatever. i'm not high maintenance. :-)

(reminder - If the JL training class happens, Ill try to arrive Wednesday night.)
    -- Since this is my first rally. I don't know what to expect, but wouldn't mind volunteering to help wherever needed

Del
    NSFW likes this.
  15. bsham

bsham Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In/paid - TR+D3. Trucking in a 690, sleeping in the truck or a tent.
  16. fletch123

fletch123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. A little about our group. We are into heavy metal and whiskey mixed with a little hallucinogens and usually hit the sack around 4 am.
    Just kidding, we don't stay up past 2. Seriously we have given up that behavior years ago. My bedtime these days is more like 9.
    So it would be four of us including you in the site with a Ford crew cab with a cab over camper a 12' enclosed trailer and two tents. We could put the trailer in the overflow parking to make more room. We will be there Tuesday and will make sure we figure out a space for you if you are not there yet.
  17. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    We'll, I may be a pedestrian for this event. Going under the knife for emergency back surgery in a few hours.
  18. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yikes!!
    Hope all goes well
    typeamark likes this.
  19. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm registered! Ride in, tent camp wherever DannyG is. :deal

Put me down to volunteer Joel, what ever you need. Can lead a small group ride or two also, I love herding the cats. :muutt
    waylongway, spafxer, NSFW and 2 others like this.
  20. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint.

Oddometer:
    nice,
    my 525exc should be ready by the end of January. got new rear wheel from woody with cush drive, converting front and back to tublez..
    we shoulder do test run before DV-Noobs:D