2018 Spring Crud run

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by djroszina, Apr 18, 2018.

1. gravityisnotmyfriend

gravityisnotmyfriend °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

Oddometer:
    So, family things came up and I couldn't get leaving as early as I'd hoped. But, I did ride some backroads, and managed to get to Leland sometime between 2 and 3. I only grabbed a couple of pics. 20180506_150330.jpg 20180506_144943.jpg 20180506_144604.jpg

Perfect day for a ride, and I was impressed by the turn out. Hopefully I can plan things a bit better and actually do the full ride this fall.
  2. slider162

slider162 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wish I would have seen this sooner. Went to the BMW Motorcycle Club meeting/brunch to see what that was about. Do you guys actually ride? Because those guys just want to sit around and talk about retirement.
  3. e.Rock

e.Rock No Guts, No Story

Oddometer:
    I haven't gone for a couple years now. I'm by no means one of the O.G. posse, but the last 10 years have seen a dramatic shift from cool/rare bikes to Harley sheep showing off loud pipes and paint jobs. The last time we walked one lap of the main street then shook our heads and left, longing for the "old days".

Reminds me of the last time I visited the Dragon. A sea of iron pirates buying "I tamed the dragon" t-shirts with a couple of old school sport bike riders standing at the edge of the lot, staring in disbelief.
    2WheelNeal, dtysdalx2, FBR and 3 others like this.
  4. runpet

runpet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been going since the early 90's. Not O.G. posse either. Took a break when it really started to get ridiculous. One year some guy unloaded an actual drag bike with the foot and a half wide rear tire and fired it up in the middle of the road right in front of the tavern at Leland. . Another year guys showed up on road race bikes. No, not track bikes. Full blown race bikes. Then came the organ donors, pirates and squids. I was at Leland yesterday. Way to much beer drinking. Most likely my last time. Although there were some nice bikes like Laverda, John Player Norton, KZ900's, triples and such. God, I'm getting old.
    e.Rock likes this.
  5. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Over the years I’ve worked too many events at Strugis, Myrtle Beach, Laughlin, et al. The last thing I wanted to do was go stand in that on my own time. So I’d never been to one. Last couple of times I’d considered going it was either weather, or other plans, that got in the way. So I rode over to Pine Bluff yesterday for a couple of hours. Saw a few friends I hadn’t seen in a while, saw a few idiots acting stupid, made a lap on foot looking for anything cool and unique, and left. But I can now say I went. :lol3

The best part was taking the long way home.
  6. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    :nod

Yep, I made it to Leland on Sunday around 2 p.m. I thought it was a HD ride. I've been on real ones with all HD's years ago, bar hoppin' and acting a bit silly/crazy.

May be my last time too. Sure liked RR 26 south of LaCrosse though.
  7. Ray916MN

Ray916MN Dim Mak

Oddometer:
    Brought this over.

[​IMG]
    (someone else's pic of my bike)

Good event and ride length for this kind of stuff...
  8. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How many of those Bimota's are in the country?
  9. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
    On my way home I saw somebody loading a Bimota at the park n ride by Saul, was that you? I didn’t see it in Leland. I have nothing against Harleys but there did seem to be a shortage of cool, unique bikes this year. Ironically, one of the 2 pics I took was of a Harley.

[​IMG]

Sure was a great day for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Ray916MN

Ray916MN Dim Mak

Oddometer:
    My guess is 30 to 40 in the U.S. My bike is 1 of 30 Edizione Finale (Final Edition) versions produced (Jolly Moto chambers, different brakes and pistons in the engine). Not aware of any others of these in U.S., but I wouldn't be surprised if there were 5 or so.
  11. Ray916MN

Ray916MN Dim Mak

Oddometer:
    That was me. Stayed Saturday night at the motel across the street.

For years I only got to see the Leland end of event, as I day tripped from the Twin Cities. I've begun staying overnight in the area so I can hit Pine Bluff end of the event. My take on the event is that the Leland end is more about biker lifestyle because the drinking lamp is clearly lit, while the Pine Bluff end is more motorcycle focused.