2018 TAT Planning

Discussion in 'Americas' started by DeeGeeF, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heading out June 13 from Maggie Valley NC with mid Arkansas as a destination..... Then head back to Florida and store my Polaris RZR 1000 for 30-45 days then carry on
  3. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WOW... Sounds like a great trip. Unfortunately, none of my three daughters seem interested in joining me on my trek on my Polaris RZR 1000, Heading out June 13 from Maggie Valley NC to ????
  4. rkdwp

rkdwp Axel Anderson Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pictures ? Tell us a story.... come on brother, some of us stuck at work are dying for some vicarious riding!

Hope the ride is going well......
  6. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to say..overheating issues have stopped my travels. Two Polaris dealers,one independent, one flatbed and $1550 and everyone is still scratching their heads. Not safe to continue and and get stuck in Cherokee forest. Packed up and headed home.....for now. Beautiful ride, secondary country roads head off to gravel or hard pack roads.Did some blasting around Murphy NC while I was there. all over town, drive thru at Krystal, gas, liquor store, local swimming hole...never had a problem with the man.I'm going back...meanwhile going to war with polaris. DO IT
  8. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First, glad to hear you are safe and still riding.

Second, I’m sure you’re bummed, but you live to fight another day.

I have six kids and try to involve them whenever possible I’m riding/adventuring. Your post caught my eye because of this.

Good luck with the razor. And kudos for at least getting on the road and starting the journey.

Like you I’m sure, I’ve learned way more and benefitted way more from “apparent failures “ than “successes.”...which I’m starting to redefine anyway.

Good riding. Keep us updated.
  9. ButchCoolidge

ButchCoolidge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bet I could set a TAT record with this.
    scout68 likes this.
  10. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:
    Four of us are driving to Trinidad on the 18th of August. Beginning the the TAT (Kevin's) the next morning. We are doing hotels each night and stopping in Telluride for a couple of days to allow everyone to pick and choose some single track.
    I'd love to get into MOAB but the KTM 500 is not my 1st choice for it. Might come back with the 300 next year.
  11. john657

john657 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Dirt (Malta),

This is John(2018 GSA 1200 Rallye). Keith(2009 BMW 650 copper colored) and I met ya on the trail just north of Covington, VA last week while we were riding north on the MABDR and you were riding the TAT. Keith and I finished up the MABDR Thursday evening at the PA/NY State line.
    Great to meet ya and hope your trip has been going well!
  12. Dirt = Life

Dirt = Life Living of water, loving on dirt.

Oddometer:
    Hi John and Keith.
    Good fun bumping into you. Yep TAT is going well, presently in Ouray, Colorado. Came down Engineer pass this afternoon, pretty gnarly ride but managed to stay vertical and get the thing down in one piece. Hope you guys had a blast of a ride, i know i cant complain.
    Best regards to you both.
    Dirt
  13. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirt,
    For those of us poor slobs slaving away in the salt mines.....do you have ride report going anywhere ?

Best regards and good riding.

Through us a pic or some prose if you ever fee the urge.....
  14. Dirt = Life

Dirt = Life Living of water, loving on dirt.

Oddometer:
    P7290022.JPG

Hope this is good enough for you for now. Keep slaving away my brother, trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    I am going to put something together once i get home.
    Right now i am 1 remaining section away from Port Orford :-) This has been one hell of a ride, absolutely brilliant.

See you all on the road.

Dirt
    GAS GUY, Liberator and scout68 like this.
  15. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Right on. Thanks for the

Beautiful pic. Your bike looks happy.

Have fun, stay vigilant. Lots of wheelies.

Best regards. Can’t wait to read about the journey.
  16. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planning to leave Sunday (26th Aug). Florida to the east side of the SEAT to connect to the TAT. Have routes for SEAT, old TET, Sam's TAT, Kevin's TAT and a couple others. All 3 bikes have Zumos but I'm having problems with the micro SD cards . Can anyone guide me?
    I'm trying to make a card for each GPS that has all of the optional tracks installed, so that we can select what we need. A little more than 48 hours until we shove off.
    Thanks in advance.