1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2019.2 Trans Florida Rally (Part Deux)

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by kaosrider, Jul 15, 2019.

1. bigblueboy

bigblueboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    E51559C7-09E6-4D2F-BE65-32D5FAE2DCEF.jpeg 7EC8C854-A18C-4877-A7FE-F20FE4B1DE63.jpeg
    Semi Submersible!!!
    mr_guns, waybill, Milkweed and 3 others like this.
  2. bigblueboy

Oddometer:
    Thanks again to all the CADS people that make these ride happen. I had a great time as always(even in the rain). I made some new friends and look forward to riding with you all again.
    Be safe and a great "G-Lover"!
    Rich
    waybill, beefcake morris and Huzband like this.
  3. ADVNeophyte

ADVNeophyte How do you do this?

Oddometer:
    Day 2 enroute bike wash 20191020_194911.jpg
    Huzband likes this.
  4. ADVNeophyte

Oddometer:
    20191021_101036.jpg 20191021_101042.jpg Really great time this weekend! Big thank you to all who put in time to make it happen!
    Dan and I had the pleasure of riding with alot of great folks, hope to see everyone again at the polar bear in January!
    The enroute bike washes didn't seem to work on the twins.
    beefcake morris and Huzband like this.
  5. jakengle

jakengle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    First rally—what a great time. Thanks to all who worked putting it together!

Attached Files:

6. Josh Leyburn

Josh Leyburn Shepherd of Cats

Oddometer:
    Big Thank You to the organizers of this event! It was a good route, good restaurants, and good people to enjoy it all with.
    Day13, beefcake morris and Huzband like this.
  7. XRWilly

XRWilly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you to Rich and the other organizers at CADS for Hosting the Trans-Florida 2019.2.

First time for me and I will be adding this ride to my event calendar for 2020 and 2020.2.

See you all at the Polar Bear!

KIMG4591.JPG

KIMG4593.JPG
    mr_guns likes this.
  8. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, first post here. Experienced off road rider but new to ADV bikes. How would one go about riding their first Rally? I dont know how to use a Roll Chart or any of the rules. Is there a class for newbs that is led by someone?

Thanks!
    bigblueboy likes this.
  9. bigblueboy

Oddometer:
    Well this is a good first start. The CADS guys organize the rides and they have a meeting every Wednesday night. Under the CADS thread. I’m sure one of them can give you the details. Kaos rider is a good contact.
    I like you already, LOL . “RULES”. = don’t crash.
    Looking forward to meeting you.
    Be safe
    Rich
  10. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM me your email address and I can add you to our weekly email reminder for the CADS Meeting. Also, I know it is quick for you but check out the Trans GA trip coming up this week.
    bigblueboy and Huzband like this.
  11. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Kap, Rally's are for all comers. So it is your first time, great we all started there. So the Class A, B and C are for different bike sizes in this particular rally. However, in the Polar Bear Rally, they mean skill levels. So they can all be different and they usually lay that out at the beginning. In a roll chart rally, most folks follow someone who is fairly experienced at running one. After you have been to a couple, then it will become fairly easy. A roll chart holder is about $25. You are given a roll chart at the start of the event. You load it into your chart holder and follow the directions. The chart has turn by turn directions to follow. So not real hard, however it is very easy to get off track. Experienced folks have a GPS to confirm if they turned on the correct road (as some roads no longer have a sign). Also they may have communication in their helmets and have several riders reading the chart and confirming the road to turn on and distance, which makes following the route even faster. There are always other riders to ride with and follow, worst case.

Plan on joining in on the next one and welcome to the fun.

Cheers
    beefcake morris likes this.
  12. playinatwork

playinatwork Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @kaptkaos just jump in the deep end of the pool. Show up Friday morning at I295 & SR13 at 0730 with a tent, sleeping bag, and a credit card on your bike. You’ll figure it out from there.
  13. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Credit card on my bike! LOL. I have Apple Pay on my Apple Watch! I have no problem showing and jumping in as long as I know there will be some sort of support option or group I can follow. I will be pretty busy trying to ride an ADV in sugar sand for the first time to be worried about a manual roll chart and my ODO, thats a recipe for disaster!
  14. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Message sent, thanks
  15. playinatwork

playinatwork Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @kaptkaos Check out the Trans Ga thread. There is an organized ride this Friday. I will be leading one of the groups. You will not need a roll chart. We won't leave you in the woods...long. Show up, follow me to the gas stop, lunch stop, then campground, repeat.
    Day13 and Huzband like this.
  16. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im all the way down here in Miami, thats a long day trip on short notice. Right now, I do not own an ADV, I am renting an Africa Twin from someone on the occasions when I want to ride it. I am still deciding which ADV bike to buy. Right now the AT is it. I just started here on ADVRider, and most of the good topics are 300+ pages long, so its taking a long time to get up to speed. Its very mature Forum, which is cool.
  17. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Mature? :jack
    Philip Kuntz likes this.
  18. ADVNeophyte

Oddometer:
    Look Mang, what yous got to do is buy a motorcicle and join all the fun. Dees guys around here are very supportive, they will score your dive in the sand as they help you pick your bike up (after the obligatory picture of course to post up on ADV). Then they will tell everyone how you got cross rutted and they had to help you pick up your beast of a machine out of the sand. Most of them are experts at this because they have been there and seen that kind of like that insurance guy on TV. I have found the ADV community to be quite supportive... You just may want to buy them a beverage and thank them and pass it on.
    bigblueboy likes this.
  19. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im almost there, waiting to see what the deals will be on 2020 AT or waiting to find the right deal on a good 2017. For now, i have access to one whenever I need it, and currently have my Road Glide and ATV's to keep me busy until the ADV gets here.

What about the Wild Bear Rally Safari Rally coming up?

Also, how about on a non-event weekend? Is it likely that a group gets together and has a casual ride with a similar but casual format?
  20. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mature as in its been around a while and the threads are very long....

Its actually pretty mature compared to VitalMx...those clowns over there are Vitarded....