2019-2020 CB300R

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 6, 2017.

1. deltamark

deltamark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This has probably already been covered, but has anyone replaced / lowered the foot pegs? I'm considering purchasing a 2019 or 2021. I went to a dealership and sat on a 2019 and the heel of my size 12 Frankenstein shoe butts up against the exhaust. Was wondering if a lowering kit resolves this?
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  2. U4IC

U4IC U4IK

Oddometer:
    The only mention I recall from this thread had to do with replacing the stock pegs with OEM pegs from a CB650R. Pegs from the CB650R don’t have the rubber surface and have a metal “spikes” surface. You may check WoodCraft and see if they offer rearsets for the CB300R. Let us know what you find out please.

I have some SW-Motech pegs on an SV650. I thought I might try them on the CB300R, but I’m not optimistic they will fit. According to the website, they won’t fit.
  3. GeoKrpan

GeoKrpan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear size 12s too, I know what you mean. I tried pegs with a lower profile, about half that of the stock pegs. But, I changed back to the stock pegs because I felt the bike handled better with them.

I tried these.

https://www.zeedparts.com/honda/honda-cb300r/honda-cb150r-h2c-front-foot-pegs

[​IMG]

Zeed has these too.

https://www.zeedparts.com/honda/honda-cb300r/honda-cb125r-cb150r-cb300r-fatie-front-foot-pegs

[​IMG]
  4. deltamark

deltamark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I did see that there are some pricier lowering pegs from Knight Design. Wasn't sure if anyone had tried those. Or maybe most CB300R riders don't have Frankenstein-sized feet!:D
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  5. strongbad

strongbad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear size 13 boots and don't have any problems with contact with the exhaust with the stock setup. Maybe my long legs just force a different angle on the pegs.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  6. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Second stab at home made tank grips.

The material is rubber mat, the kind in rolls in the hardware store. $7/foot. It is very rugged but not too thick.

Of course, I had to remove my first attempt, it wasn't hard or easy, a hair dryer helped. The Gorilla mounting tape comes off cleanly, didn't delaminate the tank cover.

It looks better than the photo implies.

[​IMG]
  7. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. JohninVT

JohninVT Long timer

Oddometer:
    1)That guy can really ride.
    2)I wonder what tires are on the bike because standing water on thick white paint is slippery as hell.
    GeoKrpan and U4IC like this.
  9. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Tribute to Vern, age 92. Ed and Vern bought the Rock Store in 1961.

The Rock Store has a Wikipedia page. It quotes Zapata Espinosa a well known bicycle jouno.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rock_Store

On the steps of the Rock Store. A regular said he'd seen her at the Rock Store just a couple of weeks prior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    No False Enthusiasm likes this.
  10. DonkeyTronKilla

DonkeyTronKilla n00b

Oddometer:
    @DaBinChe did going to 140/70 in the rear change the handling at all for you? Also, kind of a noob with tires but isn't that wider than the stock rear? Any troubles with fit on the rim? And did you keep the same front size?
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  11. rwifilipe

rwifilipe n00b

Oddometer:
    The standard one is 150/60.
    That means it is 150mm wide. If you put a 140mm wide tyre it is narrower. A narrower tyre usually makes the bike turn better.

Edit: it will fit in the stock rim without any problems.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  12. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Handling is a little quicker with it being a little taller and narrower, also lighter. The 140/70 is what the R3, Ninja300, and all the Honda 300s use. The CB300 uses the same size rim as all those bikes so the fit is perfect. Honda only went with the 150/60 for the looks. Yes same size front.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  13. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking lately that a 15 tooth front sprocket might actually be better for the kind of riding that I do, tight and twisty. I hesitate to use 2nd gear because the throttle response is choppy and runs out pretty quickly.
  14. KeimadO

KeimadO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GeoKrpan, if you go that route please tell me the results of your experiment....
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  15. DonkeyTronKilla

DonkeyTronKilla n00b

Oddometer:
    @YZEtc how did you find the EBC part number for the CB300R? Any fitment issues with these pads? I have been trying to track down the right part number for the front pads and even contacted EBC USA who told me i should use FA196HH which I later found out were the part number for a CBR300R not the CB300R so I just havent been sure about attempting to swap in the pads.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  16. DonkeyTronKilla

DonkeyTronKilla n00b

Oddometer:
    Also any idea what they should actually look like, the EBC FA679HH all look different in the pictures from Amazon, Revzilla, and Ebay:

https://www.amazon.com/EBC-16-18-Honda-CRF1000L-Brake/dp/B074KK8PY5
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ebc-fa679hh-double-h-sintered-front-brake-pads?sku_id=1833016
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/371810207339
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  17. YZEtc

YZEtc Feel lucky?

Oddometer:
    I actually don't remember how I determined FA679HH was the EBC pads to use.
    I vaguely remember Google searching EBC pads for my 2020 CB300R and eventually came up with that EBC number.
    I may have also done some cross-referencing using another brand of brake pads to see what other bikes took the same front pads.
    So, I ordered them and installed them without issue.
    Also, just a few minutes ago I read an on-line EBC application list for the 2020 CB300R and FA679HH was listed.

They look like this:

EBC Brake Pads FA679HH | eBay
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  18. DonkeyTronKilla

DonkeyTronKilla n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the follow up! I've just ordered some.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  19. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure how worn your rear tire is but you might want to try a 140/70 size tire and see if that works for you. It is just a tad bit taller, I find it works perfect for me in the tight twisty stuff, about the only stuff I ride unless road trip.

Also I have a used 15t front that has less then 5k miles on it, used for the Baja road trip, so you can have that if you want just pay for the USPS shipping. Not sure how many miles you have but should be close enough in wear to fit right in the drivetrain without concern with odd wear. I can say this about the 15t, I hated it for tight twisty, it was ok for hwy.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  20. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'm not super eager to change the sprocket and I'll need new tires soon, I'm at 8300 miles.